HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Area Photos & Videos

Old Posted Jun 22, 2010, 8:52 PM
not a NIMBY

Manchester

I decided to make a thread for the Manchester neighbourhood as it is somewhat unique in Calgary and has the potential to evolve into a denser more urban district.
There is also the aspect of social housing and the controversy surrounding the proposed John Howard Society residence.
Photographic contributions as well as comments and media articles are invited.

Lumino

Moon over Manchester!
Calgary Housing

southernalbertaeyecenter

condos

more Calgary Housing Authority

Old Posted Jun 22, 2010, 9:22 PM
Here and There

[QUOTE=Jimby;4887058]I decided to make a thread for the Manchester neighbourhood as it is somewhat unique in Calgary and has the potential to evolve into a denser more urban district.
There is also the aspect of social housing and the controversy surrounding the proposed John Howard Society residence.
Photographic contributions as well as comments and media articles are invited.

Thanks, Calgary is actually full of these strange and unique neiborhoods. On a bike, you see all kinds of things in this city....

Old Posted Jun 23, 2010, 4:59 PM

Where is this? I always thought the only place that had social housing (obviously ignorantly) was the East Village (which made me wonder where it go as gentrification continues).

Old Posted Jun 23, 2010, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonenthusiast View Post
Where is this? I always thought the only place that had social housing (obviously ignorantly) was the East Village (which made me wonder where it go as gentrification continues).
Between Macleod and Blackfoot, north of Glenmore and south of 25th Ave is the rough boundaries of Manchester. The east and northerly parts are industrial, but there is some residential uses in the SW part of the community.

Live or work in the Beltline? Check out the Official Beltline web site here

Old Posted Jul 12, 2010, 10:40 PM
not a NIMBY

Controversial site of the proposed John Howard Society men's residence on Builders Road SE that some residents of a nearby community vociferously object to.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Area Photos & Videos