HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jun 14, 2023, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredinno View Post
Maybe.
It raises the question why you would move there and not Langley or further east with more space and quiet, though.

Most of the inner suburbs have better access than Fraser Mills.
I don't think you understand the appeal, which is okay. Maybe the project is not appealing to you because there are other demographics this project will appeal to.

I can only speak from experience, but most Korean people will MUCH rather live anywhere in Coquitlam than a nice area in Langley, Surrey, and Maple Ridge. Fraser Mills is a 5-minute drive to Lougheed centre where H-Mart and all the korean amenities are located. Just that will bring in the Korean demographic that love to live close to Lougheed.

There's a T&T, movie theatre, and ikea close by that is 2 minute drive away which will also appeal to other demographics as well

If it's 20% cheaper than Lougheed, I can see a lot of people biting the bullet. People trust a developer like Beedie. The builders in Langley and Maple Ridge are all no-name developers and to be quite honest, not enough people want to live in Langley or cross the bridge. That's why prices in Coquitlam are $1100-1200 per sqft for presale, and once you cross the bridge, it's much lower.

Again, maybe I'm wrong, and this project will fail. However, I very much doubt it will.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2023, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpark View Post
I don't think you understand the appeal, which is okay. Maybe the project is not appealing to you because there are other demographics this project will appeal to.

I can only speak from experience, but most Korean people will MUCH rather live anywhere in Coquitlam than a nice area in Langley, Surrey, and Maple Ridge. Fraser Mills is a 5-minute drive to Lougheed centre where H-Mart and all the korean amenities are located. Just that will bring in the Korean demographic that love to live close to Lougheed.

There's a T&T, movie theatre, and ikea close by that is 2 minute drive away which will also appeal to other demographics as well

If it's 20% cheaper than Lougheed, I can see a lot of people biting the bullet. People trust a developer like Beedie. The builders in Langley and Maple Ridge are all no-name developers and to be quite honest, not enough people want to live in Langley or cross the bridge. That's why prices in Coquitlam are $1100-1200 per sqft for presale, and once you cross the bridge, it's much lower.

Again, maybe I'm wrong, and this project will fail. However, I very much doubt it will.
I'm E. Asian, so I know that fact.

No idea how you got 5 minutes, I'm getting 10 min off-peak and 15 min max at peak.

This is high-rise living without any of the benefits (other than the waterfront, which isn't even in the first phase other than those 2 lucky towers).

Also, there are condos being built in Malliardville, which will compete directly with the niche of people looking for cheap condos further from transit, and is exactly as close to all those amenities (and is actually on an existing commercial district!)
(They also really need to build a park and ride at Braid on top of the bus loop for those people.)

Some people are moving into Malliardville, and developers are building condo towers there, but it's moving pretty slowly.
There's (I think) 1 high-rise going up at a time up there.
At that rate, Fraser Mills will take 50 years to fill up.

The price per sq. ft for the houses in the sprawl in Upper Coquitlam (Burke, etc.) are similar to those in Langley/sq. ft.
Which I think is more comparable here.

Again, 15 years of delay and constantly rewriting the plans is rarely a good sign.
Beedie is only getting started now because Coquitlam's going to fine them if they don't.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2023, 11:27 PM

a different-angle render

storeys.com

Old Posted Aug 25, 2023, 1:39 AM

First residential tower is called Debut.

Looks like the industrial building Nine King Edward along with the presentation centre is all that is under construction currently. My pics taken August 23rd.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 5:34 PM

Quote:
36-Storey Debut, First Tower of Beedie's Fraser Mills, Receives Approval

In June, after working on the project in some form for over 14 years, Beedie finally unveiled its plans for Fraser Mills, a 96-acre community along the Fraser River in Coquitlam, and the Vancouver-based developer is wasting no time in getting things going.

On Monday, Coquitlam City Council approved the development permit for the first tower of Fraser Mills: the aptly named Debut.
https://storeys.com/beedie-fraser-mills-debut/

Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 9:07 PM

Seems like most of the Realtor Youtube videos are being made for Koreans. My guess is that most people buying here will be Korean. This place is going to be a very tough sell for the first few towers. There's literally nothing going on here.

Additional Renderings:

Full Aerial Shots:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYh6...0VancouverLife

Old Posted Dec 7, 2023, 4:17 AM

Old Posted Dec 7, 2023, 4:11 PM

I'm told Beedie will make basically no profit on the first tower as they try to get sales going (even with the historic land cost). The profit will be in the later phases.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2023, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phesto View Post
I'm told Beedie will make basically no profit on the first tower as they try to get sales going (even with the historic land cost). The profit will be in the later phases.
They have already made their profit. The commercial areas already finished will pay for the costs.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2024, 5:32 PM

Got pushed some advertisement that tower 2 named Encore is being promoted for this project now.
https://encore.frasermills.com/

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phesto View Post
I've heard the same, they sold for quite a low price just to jump start the neighbourhood. Once they have momentum they will make it up on the back side of the future towers.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 10:44 AM

I sincerely hope the tower podiums mainly consist of commercial rather than townhouses, like on Glen Drive. Would make it feel much more like a real neighbourhood rather than a few dense blocks of housing.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2024, 8:37 AM

From Beedie Twitter Jan 31st:

Fraser Mills Business Centre

Pink area here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post

Phasing plan of Fraser Mills in Coquitlam. (Beedie Development Group)
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/coqu...r-mills-beedie

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 9:51 AM

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley