HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Station Square V in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Burnaby Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 12, 2023, 7:20 AM

2023, Mar 11

Nice and vibrant atmosphere on overcast day. Lot's of foot traffic.

Untitled by Lexus LX600, on Flickr

BMO

Along Wellington Ave CRUs are still mostly empty:

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 2:15 AM

Thanks!
Hopefully they'll be more creative with the banners in future.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 4:25 PM
Peddling to progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
Along Wellington Ave CRUs are still mostly empty:
I think you mean McKay? But 12 months ago Silver Drive looked like McKay does now. Then the JJ opened and they finished the western sidewalk all the way to Kingsway and last weekend that street was far busier than I ever remember it being when I lived in Metrotown.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerHaight View Post
I think you mean McKay? But 12 months ago Silver Drive looked like McKay does now. Then the JJ opened and they finished the western sidewalk all the way to Kingsway and last weekend that street was far busier than I ever remember it being when I lived in Metrotown.
Yes, McKay Ave.
I'm sure it will pick up over time once those CRU's get occupied.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerHaight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
Yes, McKay Ave.
I'm sure it will pick up over time once those CRU's get occupied.

No, Lex is right.

The Willingdon Ave. side CRU's are still mostly empty and unoccupied, save for the breakfast place at the corner and the Anthem showroom in the tower 4 podium

I'm pretty certain all the west side (And Kingsway facing) CRU's of Tower 5's podium are still unoccupied (Which isn't to say they aren't leased out yet)

In fact the only tenant on that podium that seems to have set up shop with plans to open later spring or summer is the BMO bank on the Silver avenue side.

But it's also the most recently completed part of the entire project (the Tower 5 commercial podium) so it's no surprise that there are no tenants lined up yet.
It also took a while since they completed it before the Tower 4 podium commercial units began getting filled out and I expect it to be the same with this one as well.
Though having the Bank set up first and open soon should help lease out the other soon as well.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr0ckets View Post
No, Lex is right.

The Willingdon Ave. side CRU's are still mostly empty and unoccupied, save for the breakfast place at the corner and the Anthem showroom in the tower 4 podium

I'm pretty certain all the west side (And Kingsway facing) CRU's of Tower 5's podium are still unoccupied (Which isn't to say they aren't leased out yet)

In fact the only tenant on that podium that seems to have set up shop with plans to open later spring or summer is the BMO bank on the Silver avenue side.

But it's also the most recently completed part of the entire project (the Tower 5 commercial podium) so it's no surprise that there are no tenants lined up yet.
It also took a while since they completed it before the Tower 4 podium commercial units began getting filled out and I expect it to be the same with this one as well.
Though having the Bank set up first and open soon should help lease out the other soon as well.
It's McKay - Willingdon is the next block over.

Looking at their leasing pdf shows the only retail available is under tower 5 (tower 4 still has some office space available). Two of the CRUs are listed as 'under contract' on the McKay side so hopefully we hear something opening there soon.

To be fair that stretch along McKay was a dead zone for a looong time due to it's former life as a parkade (check out this google street view from 2014). There was no reason to be walking there and not much more to be walking on the other side of McKay for that block. I'm willing to wait awhile for it to come to life.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 11:12 PM
Peddling to progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
There was no reason to be walking there and not much more to be walking on the other side of McKay for that block. I'm willing to wait awhile for it to come to life.
Unless you are walking from Beresford to Isami Sushi, one of my personal favourite restaurants in Metrotown!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2023, 5:59 PM

Sign is up for a new Tacofino location in the Station Square tower 5 podium facing McKay Avenue. A nice suprise and great to see restaurants expanding also on this side of the complex. Pür & Simple next door has been a great addition on this side, too.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2023, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Sign is up for a new Tacofino location in the Station Square tower 5 podium facing McKay Avenue. A nice suprise and great to see restaurants expanding also on this side of the complex. Pür & Simple next door has been a great addition on this side, too.
It's kind of funny that they hyped "restaurant row" - admittedly it has the two biggest ones (Earls and Cactus Club) but the end spot went to a "laser and skin care company". Meanwhile there's a number of food places spread throughout the site.

Not all the office space has been taken. If WeWork drops some of their space... I wonder how long it'll take for it to fill out.

Is the Discovery Centre just a glorified sales centre for upcoming towers in the area?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2024, 6:27 PM

Old Posted Jan 4, 2024, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Seems like not a bad place for a leak to occur, but if they get into electrical rooms or elevator shafts it's a giant repair pain in the ass.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2024, 7:34 PM

Uhaul truck drove into the pipes.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2024, 10:28 PM

From Trish Jewison twitter posted yesterday:

https://twitter.com/TrishJewison/sta...486898/photo/2

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madog222 View Post
The first tower on Beresford was only 2013. That's not the 90's, the Skytrain MkII train gives that away.
Google streetview history shows the Save On Foods with the current green branding in 2007.
This puts the time frame at 2001-2006.
Thousands of new homes and new businesses created in a decade. That's a great feat!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley