HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 3:09 PM
I ask because I Gatineau

In actual hockey news,
Ken Hitchcock has been (re) hired as the new head coach in Dallas.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 3:12 PM

lol, all the Toronto guys trying to say they don't care about Ottawa, yet there are 2 pages of Leafs vs Sens...

I'll cheer for Ottawa and Montreal, hope the Oilers lose the first round and I hate the Leafs, so I hope they get swept!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post
In actual hockey news,
Ken Hitchcock has been (re) hired as the new head coach in Dallas.
No surprise there, Lindy Ruff had to take the fall and Hitchcock is the best coach available. I hope management helps him out and get a goalie that can actually stop a puck.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
lol, all the Toronto guys trying to say they don't care about Ottawa, yet there are 2 pages of Leafs vs Sens...

I'll cheer for Ottawa and Montreal, hope the Oilers lose the first round and I hate the Leafs, so I hope they get swept!

It's not that we secretly care about the Sens, it's that they need constant explaining it seems of what the term choking means or how Toronto has never considered Ottawa to be our rival.

Good luck Flames but your chances this year are about as good as the Leafs.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
It's not that we secretly care about the Sens, it's that they need constant explaining it seems of what the term choking means or how Toronto has never considered Ottawa to be our rival.

Good luck Flames but your chances this year are about as good as the Leafs.
Toronto and Ottawa are obviously rivals, maybe not the #1 rival, but rivals none the less. That would be like us saying the Canucks aren't a rival, only Edmonton.

I'm curious to see how the Flames handle the playoffs, we are a lot deeper team than we were 2 years ago, and there is a lot more playoff experience than last time. We're in tough though, Anaheim is a damn good team!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 5:55 PM
Community Guy

Our journey to greatness begins tonight.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Our journey to greatness begins tonight.
Go Sharks!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkahHigh View Post
I won't ever cheer for the Leafs or Sens. Sens because of what happened in 2012-2013 and Leafs because it's the Leafs (I hate their fans mostly). That's just how it is, the Montreal vs Toronto thing (and I love Toronto as a city). The Bruins vs Sens is so hard for me because I hate both teams, but I hate the B's more so I guess I'm cheering for the Sens?

I will, however, cheer on the Oilers because I'm glad to see their fanbase finally getting a successful team. After ten years of pure sucking, I think they deserve it.

I'll cheer on the Flames if they make it far too.
Fair enough. I think being from Ottawa and having a lot of Sens, Leafs and Habs fans as friends made me more accepting of those teams to a certain degree. Lots of shit talking happens but its all fun and games.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
How exactly does that make sense to you? The Leafs were never expected to do anything as far as I can remember and they have lived up to that. The Senators during those 25 years have actually had a top contending including best record in the league and have only reached the Stanley Cup once. It's not fair but, it is what it is. You choke. Leafs just suck. Same end results.
As long as I can remember there have often been high expectations of the Leafs that they never lived up to. Before the lockout they were in the playoffs quite regularly and have nothing to show for it. Sens have choked a lot too but not for nearly as long as the Leafs have. I just found it odd and ironic that a Leafs fan was making fun of the Sens for being chokers and saying they would choke against the bruins, a team the Leafs choked against big time a couple years ago.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Delusional Leaf fans? Are there any on here that are expecting to go far this year I don't think so. I'm not more interested in the Sens losing over the Leafs winning lol. It is possible to follow more then one series in the playoffs you know. Also I'm not routing for the Sens to lose but the Bruins to win. A Montreal Bruins match up is much more fun to watch then an Ottawa anybody match up.

Go Bruins! Go Leafs! Go Habs! Go Flames! Go Oilers!
I was only talking about you, not all Leaf fans. And "delusion" was referring to your assertion that Leafs fans don't see the Sens as a rival. Also that you think the Sens will be any easy opponent for the Bruins. Bruins may win, but I'd be surprised if it's not a close series.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 10:17 PM
Community Guy

I decided to add a little flair to my office today

https://twitter.com/IanOyeg

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 5:02 AM

lol at the "plus size" chick with the double f u. Maybe inexperience, but Oilers looked pretty good to start and let it slip away.

Not sure which Canadian team to cheer for...

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 2:57 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
lol at the "plus size" chick with the double f u. Maybe inexperience, but Oilers looked pretty good to start and let it slip away.

Not sure which Canadian team to cheer for...
I was just gonna say! There was also a fat guy with a mustache flipping the bird. Stay Classy Edmonton!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 3:26 PM

Canadian teams 0-3 on Day 1, hope this isn't a sign of things to come...

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 3:32 PM

LOL, look at the image on this CBC Sports article today.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...pick-1.4062300

Who to cheer for in the NHL playoffs
Need a team for the Stanley Cup run? We've got you covered

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 3:35 PM
arf

^^I wasn't surprised. A bit at Edmonton, but San Jose has a lot of experience on the ice. Full marks to them for playing the whole game and not getting over-excited. I was picking Edmonton to win the series based on injuries and how bad San Jose was playing coming into the playoffs, but it wasn't going to be easy.

Montreal was what I expected. I was picking the Rangers to win the series in a bunch of 2-1 games. I still expect that. Back and forth seven game series.

Ottawa was what I expected. Boston has a few too many playoff ringers. Bergeron last night. It'll be close though.

And I'm not sure why everyone was picking Minnesota in the press. St. Louis has experience and a pretty deep team. Played a little under themselves and Minnesota wasn't very good the last month and a half. It'll be close, but St. Louis was my pick.

The matchups are all pretty interesting, but there are going to be a lot of 2-1 games in the first round.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 4:04 PM

Quote:
LOL, look at the image on this CBC Sports article today.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...pick-1.4062300

Who to cheer for in the NHL playoffs
Need a team for the Stanley Cup run? We've got you covered

They're basically saying, you'll either cheer for Toronto, Montreal, McDavid or ignore hockey and cheer the Raptors instead. Makes sense.

There's a strong possibility that all 5 Canadian teams will be out in the first round. I see Ottawa, Toronto and Calgary being out for sure.... Edmonton and Montreal are a little tougher to predict.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 5:21 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid247 View Post
As long as I can remember there have often been high expectations of the Leafs that they never lived up to. Before the lockout they were in the playoffs quite regularly and have nothing to show for it. Sens have choked a lot too but not for nearly as long as the Leafs have. I just found it odd and ironic that a Leafs fan was making fun of the Sens for being chokers and saying they would choke against the bruins, a team the Leafs choked against big time a couple years ago.
A simple four game winning streak during the season gives Leaf fans confidence in ending the drought. I recall the Leafs having a good 500 team at times in the last 25 years. They never were on top of the league like the Senators were. The Senator were expected to win or make it deep in the playoff for a few years but failed. I support my friends and the Leafs have been out of the playoffs for eons. I really don't know what the Senators have done of late in the second season.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
A simple four game winning streak during the season gives Leaf fans confidence in ending the drought. I recall the Leafs having a good 500 team at times in the last 25 years. They never were on top of the league like the Senators were. The Senator were expected to win or make it deep in the playoff for a few years but failed. I support my friends and the Leafs have been out of the playoffs for eons. I really don't know what the Senators have done of late in the second season.
I'll admit that over the past 25 years the Sens have arguably been the biggest chokers in league along with the Sharks and maybe a couple other teams. I would argue that the Leafs are chokers in the sense that they've often been expected to have strong seasons (often ranked higher than the Sens in predictions) and failed to deliver. Isn't not making the playoffs year after year when you were expected to a choke in its own right?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 6:39 PM
I ask because I Gatineau

In other hockey news,

(Former Panthers Coach) Gerard Gallant has been named the first-ever Head Coach of the Vegas Golden Knights.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada