HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Sep 13, 2016, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Since only Mack-Cali and Roseland have backed out but Parkway Corp still owns the lot and is dedicated to building something here, we'll keep this thread open for now. It's possible Parkeay will just find new development partners.
edit

Last edited by Cro Burnham; Oct 13, 2016 at 3:09 AM.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 3:32 AM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurkek View Post
100 North 2nd st. and 401 Race sites haven't moved an inch since the demo, that is worrying.
I've heard from a reliable source involved with the project that work at 401 Race will be starting this fall. Which means who knows...

Old Posted Sep 11, 2017, 5:48 PM

Welp... no information on this project in a while. Going to close this thread for now. I will reopen it if more information surfaces.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 4:10 AM

This is back!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 4:34 AM
build awesome buildings

^Thanks, Summers!

Per the ZBA calendar, please see more info below (Note: the 707 address is the address used on the ZBA site, but includes the 709 parcel):

Quote:
707 CHESTNUT ST
Appeal Number: 34276
Scheduled Time: 9:30 AM (August 21)
Permit #: 860819

Appeal Grounds:
SPECIAL EXCEPTION/PERMIT FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A UNITY OF USE TO CREATE ONE (1) LOT FOR ZONING PURPOSES WITH RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS AND AGREEMENTS TO BE RECORDED BY DEED TO BIND CURRENT AND FUTURE OWNERS OF THE CONTIGUOUS THREE (3) PARCELS (707 CHESTNUT STREET, 709-713 CHESTNUT ST AND 715-717 CHESTNUT STREET) TO PRESERVE THE UNITY OF USE AND THE LEGALITY OF THE ENTIRE PROJECT THAT STEMS FROM THE SINGLE ZONING LOT TREATMENT. PRIOR TO ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY, PROOF OF RECORDATION OF EASEMENTS, AGREEMENTS AND RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS MUST BE SUPPLIED.

FOR THE ERECTION OF AN ATTACHED STRUCTURE ( 327 FT HIGH) WITH ROOF DECK ACCESSED BY A ELEVATOR; MULTI-FAMILY HOUSEHOLD LIVING ( 278 DWELLING UNITS) FROM SECOND FLOOR THROUGH 27TH FLOORS WITH RESIDENTIAL LOBBY, AND NON-ACCESSORY PARKING GARAGE ENTRANCE ( CHESTNUT ST) AND FIVE(5) RESERVOIR SPACES , SHARE TWO(2) LOADING SPACES AND BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL OFFICE AT FIRST FLOOR WITH ACCESSORY PARKING GARAGE ( ABOVE GROUND AUTOMATED VALET-TYPE, MECHANICAL ACCESS PARKING SPACES FOR 135 SPACES INCLUDING WITH SEVEN(7) ELECTRIC PARKING SPACES , FOUR(4) ACCESSIBLE SPACES INCLUDING WITH ONE(1) VAN ACCESSIBLE SPACE AT SECOND FLOOR FOR A PERSONAL SERVICE AT THIRD FLOOR ( 709-13 CHESTNUT ST) ; TWO(2) EXISTING SIT-DOWN RESTAURANTS ( 707 CHESTNUT ST) AT CELLAR AND FROM FIRST FLOOR THRU FOURTH(4th) FLOORS AND EXISTING SIT-DOWN RESTAURANT FROM CELLAR THRU FIRST FLOOR AT (715-17 CHESTNUT ST) AND FROM FLOOR FIRST FLOOOR THRU FOURTH FLOORS EXISTING EAT-IN RESTAURAN ( SIT-DOWN RESTAURANT FROM FIRST FLOOR THROUGH FOURTH(4TH ) FLOORS (715-17 CHESTNUT ST) FROM CELLAR THRU FIRST FLOOR AND EXISTING ROOF TOP MECHANICALS AT FLOOR 4TH AND FLOOR 7TH .SIZE AND LOCATION AS SHOWN IN THE APPLICATION

Primary Applicant: CP ACQUISITIONS 20 LP
Capacity: APPL

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
^Thanks, Summers!

Per the ZBA calendar, please see more info below (Note: the 707 address is the address used on the ZBA site, but includes the 709 parcel):
Who is CP ACQUISITIONS? Are they affiliated with Mack-Cali? Is that developer back in the mix on this or someone else?

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 11:35 AM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Who is CP ACQUISITIONS? Are they affiliated with Mack-Cali? Is that developer back in the mix on this or someone else?
Not sure, as ownership records indicate this entity acquired the lot at the very end of 2015. Given how this variance has a height and floor count that’s the same as the old proposal, I would venture a guess that it’s the same group.

EDIT: looking back at the thread, it appears this may be owned by Parkway, so perhaps they found a partner to make this happen.

Last edited by El Duderino; Aug 17, 2018 at 11:49 AM.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 11:59 AM
BANNED

hopefully there will be news about the Toll Bros project advancing soon. It would be great to see both of these rising at the same time.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 12:48 PM
Philly Pholly

I'm glad to see this back on the board. I don't think it will look much like the original rendering. It will be boxy. As long as this mid-block tower doesn't have a massive blank wall, I'll be happy.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
Not sure, as ownership records indicate this entity acquired the lot at the very end of 2015. Given how this variance has a height and floor count that’s the same as the old proposal, I would venture a guess that it’s the same group.

EDIT: looking back at the thread, it appears this may be owned by Parkway, so perhaps they found a partner to make this happen.
Yes, Parkway owns the lot. Mack-Cali was the prior partner that pulled out. And forfeited $800K as a breakup fee to do so.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 1:24 PM

It'd really be something for the southeastern section of Center City if we could get this, the BPG tower at the Sheraton, and the Jewler's Row tower all going up at once.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
CP Acquisitions could be this group: http://www.crossprop.com/

I worked for them a few years back. Most of their LLCs were 'CP' and then a number indicating which project. They also own/used to own a property on the 700 block of Chestnut (I think it was 705 Chestnut but can't remember the exact address). From what I remember, though, they sold the air rights to the group that was developing 709 Chestnut.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 6:39 PM

Can someone elaborate what's different? Did the previous developer not ever get zoning? I'm just trying to figure out how close this is to moving forward. I don't remember what steps the last owner took towards making this tower a reality; and what of those steps need to be done all over again, e.g., CDR, etc.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 8:55 PM
Midrise

I posted this in the highrise thread before finding this thread. The CDR document for 709 Chestnut is online now. It's an Erdy McHenry design.

https://www.phila.gov/CityPlanning/p...ge_reduced.pdf

…and an Inky write-up:

Developer Parkway renews effort to build apartment tower on Chestnut Street lot | Philly.com

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
I posted this in the highrise thread before finding this thread. The CDR document for 709 Chestnut is online now. It's an Erdy McHenry design.

https://www.phila.gov/CityPlanning/p...ge_reduced.pdf

…and an Inky write-up:

Developer Parkway renews effort to build apartment tower on Chestnut Street lot | Philly.com
Damn. What a great looking building.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 9:03 PM
Philly Pholly

That's some good density

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 9:11 PM

So this jumped out to me in the application....this rendering is not on 709 Chestnut. It's on the Parkway lot at 8th and Ludlow, which is also available for development opportunities.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 9:38 PM
Philly Pholly

This includes the numerous proposals of the East End

CC 8-22-18

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 3:17 AM

Awesome. Hope to see a few of those come up soon!

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 3:23 AM
Mr. Technology

Looks good.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals