HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 2:36 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

Ach Freude!

Mach's schon.....

Do it already!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 2:59 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezrezc View Post
Ach Freude!

Mach's schon.....

Do it already!

Yeah, le'ts hope this is the one.

Quote:
Deutsche Bank, a name once unfairly associated with political inertia and delay at Ground Zero, could be the tenant that finally gets Two World Trade Center built to complete the site’s planned office tower quartet.

The financial giant has quietly sent a request-for-proposals to Larry Silverstein regarding a possible relocation to the Bjarke Ingels-designed 2 WTC, sources told Realty Check.

Deutsche, which has long been at 60 Wall St. which it once owned, is trolling for a new Manhattan home for when its lease expires in 2022.

But Deutsche has also sent an RFP to Related Cos. and Oxford Properties Group for 50 Hudson Yards, we’ve learned. Unlike Two World Trade, Related’s 2.3-million-square-footer is set to rise imminently, having pre-signed BlackRock as an 850,000- square-foot anchor. (Mitsui Fudosan is buying a 90 percent stake in the tower.)

Deutsche Bank is considering 1.3 million square feet at either Two World Trade or 50 Hudson.

50 Hudson already has financing and a tenant, and is well on it's way to being under constuction. Two WTC already being in the ground still should have an advantage, but by the time any decision is made, 50 could be in the ground as well. Let's hope the home team (Downtown) gets it.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 3:01 PM

I'm hoping their previous history with the WTC site will give Silverstein the edge over the more "appealing" Hudson Yards.

And can these newspapers stop calling the site Ground Zero, please?

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 3:01 PM

And in a rare case- the type of tenant that the wtc was originally prescribed for.

Leaving 60 wall street would create another big vacancy in lower manhattan. That's a hallmark location- I wonder if it goes residential.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post

Leaving 60 wall street would create another big vacancy in lower manhattan. That's a hallmark location- I wonder if it goes residential.
Extremely unlikely. 60 Wall has large floorplates, ideal for financial users, as well as a huge trading floor. It's tailor-made for an investment bank (was built as JP Morgan world HQ).

It's also an A+ building, with really nice fitness center, conference facilities, and the like.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 8:18 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Yeah, that will never go residential. It will be filled up by other tenants. Remember, the market isn't only geared for those who need the top of the line, newest Class A office space the city can deliver. The bulk of the stock is not that. But 60 Wall is still a modern office building compared to some others, even though its nearing 30 years old.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 10:49 PM

60 Wall Street is so awful. Does anybody know how much commercial space has been lost in the Fidi from 9/11 and also conversion to residential? I'm curious what the net square feet of office space is downtown.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPA View Post
60 Wall Street is so awful.
Have you been in 60 Wall? It's an A+, trophy tower. Lavish materials, artwork and amenities.

60 Wall is arguably the best building downtown, excepting the WTC complex and maybe Goldman Sachs.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 2:13 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Have you been in 60 Wall? It's an A+, trophy tower. Lavish materials, artwork and amenities.

60 Wall is arguably the best building downtown, excepting the WTC complex and maybe Goldman Sachs.
Probably talkin about the exterior. I agree, Pomo trash sucks.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 5:30 AM

Humph

I kinda think 60 Wall Street is beautiful. There's a lotta crummy PoMo out there, but 60 Wall St ain't crummy.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Probably talkin about the exterior. I agree, Pomo trash sucks.
Well, the exterior is (more or less) irrelevant to the building's value. Pomo is currently out of fashion because it's 30 years old. Architecture of this age-range always looks bad. Modernism was considered horrible when this building was built, and is now back in fashion. Classicly styled buildings were considered horrible during the Modernist era. Pomo will be fashionable within a decade or two.

Building was built as a trophy tower for one of the world's biggest investment banks, and if Deutsche moves to 2 WTC, 60 Wall will, almost certainly, be tenanted by another major financial firm. It's built for a very specific type of user.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 2:42 PM
Ω

60 Wall has a great lobby. It's like 80's glam with palm trees and white columns.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 5:40 PM

I actually like Post Modern to a degree and I think its coming back in vogue within some architecture circles.

My problem with 60 Wall Street is its squat dimensions and how it detracts from its Art Deco neighbors.

Anyway, per NYYIMBY, its possible if Deutsche Bank goes with 2WTC they would use the original design. Has anybody heard anything to confirm this rumor?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 9:46 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPA View Post
Anyway, per NYYIMBY, its possible if Deutsche Bank goes with 2WTC they would use the original design. Has anybody heard anything to confirm this rumor?

That's always possible. Or maybe Silverstein could go with a different design altogether. What's important right now is that they get a lease signed.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 1:07 AM
Ann Arbor, Pale Blue Dot

I'm a happy camper if they go with either iteration of 2 WTC, or some other well-executed and significant structure. Hope Deutsche picks downtown!

I wonder if Deutsche has a preference of which they'd like to lease before they reach negotiations. (Of course there's no way to know.)

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 2:03 AM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

So let me assume (yeah,I know what they say about that) that DB does go LM.

200G's original design is back in play because it was tailor-made for that sort of anchor tenant in the first place.

Again, assuming the aforementioned, I hope Bjark's design---or a tangentialized version thereof---finds a home somewhere at or near HY.

I also hope they consider at some future point re-integrating the four spires onto 175G. IMO that, with the cross bracing on the river-side facades, served as a visual continuum between 150 and 200 v.1 (I refer you to NYYIMBY's render on their front page).

Which reminds me: Should Lord Foster's 200 be realized, be prepared to hear some of us (like me) opening a can of kvetch about how the diamondesque pinnacle of the tower benefits only folks from the other side of the Hudson. It would seem that LNF somehow overlooked the fact that the current orientation of said pinnacle will make viewers from (geological) Long Island feel rather neglected...

Last edited by Prezrezc; Sep 7, 2017 at 2:24 AM. Reason: Addenda

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 2:58 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezrezc View Post
So let me assume (yeah,I know what they say about that) that DB does go LM.

200G's original design is back in play because it was tailor-made for that sort of anchor tenant in the first place.

It was designed for that. But then again, the Ingels design was as well. The Ingels design just had improvements that would be attractive to other tenants.

2 WTC would be just a few short blocks from 60 Wall.

Ingels designed for financial firms as well.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 3:15 AM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

So both are equally viable...but IMO Bjarke's design is better in that any vantage point will produce dramatic results.

LNF's design...come to think of it...would be a challenge at best to juxtapose in an urban context such as New York's, IMO. Maybe HY...???

It works best as the tallest element in a smaller (i.e. not necessarily less dense) cityscape. I'm thinking OKC or a place similar that needs an apex/"anchor"tower.

IOW, it doesn't seem to suffer competition gracefully. From what I recall, the north/south skyline renders show it pretty much shoving its neighbors out of the picture.

Last edited by Prezrezc; Sep 7, 2017 at 3:32 AM.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 3:32 AM
New Yorker for life

We will see what happens.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 7:19 PM
BANNED

Yeah, I prefer the conic crown on the Foster, but I'd go BIG if it were me. I think it's time that NY builds something weird. Maybe it's the wrong place to build it though, but I think it will turn out fine. Also, tired of Foster for a while.
Either way, I agree that HY will probably end up the winner and this bank will end up in the other Foster building, yawn...

Last edited by aquablue; Sep 7, 2017 at 8:14 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction