HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jun 9, 2011, 9:11 AM

Awesome Pixs of Omaha...

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 2:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
I'm pissed about your ordeal. What utter BS. Every time someone over- reacts like this, the terrorists win.The only thing they need to worry about striking their building is lightning and pigeons. I believe its still ok to photograph the White House and the US Capitol building, far more important targets. Anyway, nice pics.
Thank you everyone for your support and understanding. I don't intend to take this lying down and am in the process of of preparing to defend my rights.

I hate making direct links to my sight, but I've made this exception. I made a collage to illustrate how ridiculous this is that American citizens are being harassed for taking pictures: Whether by private security over-stepping their jurisdiction; or the police who often aided in their illegal efforts. If this has happened to you I think it's time we stand up and stop this once and for all. Osama bin Laden is dead and in the ocean, but we are still supposed to live under this fear of terror which never was in the first place? If you have had this happen to you or no other people I would love to get in contact and get your story. This has happened twice in my life now where I've had law enforcement harass me in the name of homeland security. Enough is enough.

http://dshawnphotography.com/

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 6:24 PM

Wow, great things happening in Omaha!

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 10:28 PM

Nice shots, thanks for the condo tours. I wouldn't mind living in any of those units.

Sorry to hear about the issue with some security guards, sounds like a silly ban to me. I would definitely continue to take photographs of their building while on public property. The whole 'homeland security' excuse is getting old. I wonder if they know that you can find pictures of buildings already on the internet and probably a lot more good info by visiting emporis or the website of the building's architects (for floor plans and such).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos