HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
The plan is to move both the hotel crane and the condo crane over to the office site. The timing should work well, as they will be finishing on those projects as formwork begins at the bottom of the office parkade excavation.

i didnt think the office tower would need 2 cranes? i was going to think one of the "jib arms" would have an extra section or two added to cover the whole surface of the office tower.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
The plan is to move both the hotel crane and the condo crane over to the office site. The timing should work well, as they will be finishing on those projects as formwork begins at the bottom of the office parkade excavation.
Thanks Crisis.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
i didnt think the office tower would need 2 cranes? i was going to think one of the "jib arms" would have an extra section or two added to cover the whole surface of the office tower.
You have to remember that the parkade extends quite a distance to the north and the west past the footprint of the office tower. Would be tough to cover everything with one crane, not to mention having increased production capacity with two cranes.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 10:30 PM

For a fantastic panorama of the River Landing project check out this link!

http://grahamcommuterpartners.ca/photos_videos.html

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 12:54 AM

Decided to do my "weekly update" early this week... I don't want to run past there tomorrow if there is a storm.

Mar. 1 2018 Pictures:

^^^^ Today they were pouring the 20th floor.

^^^^ They've installed movable platforms on the south east and north east corners (which can also be seen in the previous photo). I think we're going to see some glazing soon.

^^^^ There was some dark-framed glass on the second floor (right above the truck). It was easy to see in person but it did not show up in the photo very well. Could it be some external glazing?

^^^^ When I ran past last Sunday they appeared to have a full crew on the parkade. All three excavators in the pit were in action! As Crisis mentioned, the other day they were installing piles just to the left of this picture. At the time I was wondering what was going on, but a crane base makes perfect sense.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 3:34 PM

alt_center, I appreciate your photo updates. Thank you.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 3:37 PM

Video | Check out the view from the 13th floor of the River Landing condo tower
17-storey hotel and 20-storey condo building are about half complete, says project manager

By Guy Quenneville, CBC News Posted: Mar 01, 2018 3:23 PM CT| Last Updated: Mar 01, 2018 3:36 PM CT

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...loor-1.4555302

^ It would seem that the office tower is on a very aggressive timeline. This article states that the building is on a schedule to be ready for tenant fixturing by the 2nd quarter of 2019. That's just over a year from now.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 4:31 PM

That bridge-pic is only gonna get better, along with the whole city! Cheers!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 5:17 PM

Loving the updates alt centre!

Somebody remind me again - will there be a restaurant or other public space in the hotel or condo?

Will there be retail or restaurant in the office tower just underway?

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperance View Post
Loving the updates alt centre!

Somebody remind me again - will there be a restaurant or other public space in the hotel or condo?

Will there be retail or restaurant in the office tower just underway?
Yes to both:

https://meewasin.com/about/developme...ions-approved/

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 6:04 PM

Thought so. Thanks Echoes!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 7:28 PM

I hope we dont get any cookie-cutter restaurants. Id rather see something brand new to saskatoon, especially for River Landing.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 2:52 PM

if every other western city is a roadmap for chain restaurants, we are very much lacking a Keg and a Joey downtown

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 6:50 PM

I doubt Keg, as it is opening in Brighton....but yes, could see a Joey's. Would hope for a mix of a fine dining type restaurant with some decent casual dining/pub type options.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
I doubt Keg, as it is opening in Brighton....but yes, could see a Joey's. Would hope for a mix of a fine dining type restaurant with some decent casual dining/pub type options.
With the growth not being as fast as anticipated in that area I could see the Keg, save on foods and Motiom Fitness backing out - especially when all those amenities are fairly close in university heights and 8th... that’s the point of living in the suburbs isn’t it? Driving 10-20 minutes to everything? 😂

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 1:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Given the Keg use to be downtown and moved out to 8th a few years ago. I would surprised to see it back. There are lots of other options. Hopefully a local independent instead of another Cara brand.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Given the Keg use to be downtown and moved out to 8th a few years ago. I would surprised to see it back. There are lots of other options. Hopefully a local independent instead of another Cara brand.
I guess that was before I was born 😂. But in Vancouver downtown Milestones, Keg, cactus, and Joey seem to be the downtown competitors trying to claim dominance

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 6:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
I guess that was before I was born 😂. But in Vancouver downtown Milestones, Keg, cactus, and Joey seem to be the downtown competitors trying to claim dominance
I think they moved out to 8th street about 10 years ago. Back then John's was the go-to Stakehouse in downtown Saskatoon. It was old-school, but was the place to go for a business dinner. The Keg was second fiddle.

They use to be in the location at Ontario and 24th that has Ivy's. Ivy's was great, very original and not a chain you find in every Canadian downtown. Now I guess Ivy's is no more and it is "The District". I have not tried the "The District" so can't say.

The equivalent to what John's Saskatoon use to be if look at Vancouver would be Hy's Stakehouse. Hy's is also use to be in Ottawa but now it looks like it is just Vancouver, Whistler, Winnipeg, Calgary, and Toronto. Classic old-school stakehouse.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 6:36 PM

Sounds like you all should be moving over to the Saskatoon restaurants, pubs and retail thread now. Just a Heads Up!>)

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 2:17 AM

Window wall installation has begun on the west side of the condo tower. (I didn't take a picture because I was on my bike today) I wonder how they plan to insulate the edges of the floor slabs to lessen the effects of thermal bridging.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan