HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 12:34 PM

CEBL attendance

I'm not sure if either league is going to make it. Moncton has long stated that attendance of 1500 to 2000 is needed for the team to be secure.

I looked up the CEBL attendance numbers and they started in week 1 of the league averaging about 2500 fans, however by week 6 they were down to 1500.

I know that both leagues are hoping that the success of the Raptors last season in the NBA will translate to more attendance, but I guess only time will tell. I would think the ON market will experience a bigger boost than the East Coast.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 8:58 PM
ハルウララ

CEBL has substantially more corporate support than NBL does. And it has partnership with Basketball Canada. There's more to it than just looking at crowd sizes.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 10:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
CEBL has substantially more corporate support than NBL does. And it has partnership with Basketball Canada. There's more to it than just looking at crowd sizes.
The only road to survival for both leagues though is a merger, or a takeover of the NBLC by the CEBL...........

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 11:53 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The only road to survival for both leagues though is a merger, or a takeover of the NBLC by the CEBL...........
I really don't think NBL has anything that CEBL is remotely interested in outside of maybe two potential team markets.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 12:10 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
I really don't think NBL has anything that CEBL is remotely interested in outside of maybe two potential team markets.
Which two? There are several candidates - Halifax, Moncton, St. John's and London

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Which two? There are several candidates - Halifax, Moncton, St. John's and London
I'm thinking London and Kitchener to go along with Hamilton and Niagara. East coast might be a longer term goal, but as essentially a cross Canada league, it's going to get pretty costly.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
I'm thinking London and Kitchener to go along with Hamilton and Niagara. East coast might be a longer term goal, but as essentially a cross Canada league, it's going to get pretty costly.
I think the only way it works is if they can get a partnership with Westjet or another airline like the CPL got. Expanding the league to cross canada when the markets aren't necessarily successful as is could be the end of both leagues. While I hope Moncton picks up on their success from last season it wasn't long ago that they were asking for help from the city and had attendance numbers less than 1000

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 2:31 AM
ハルウララ

Quote:
London and Halifax. Maybe Kitchener.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Although that may be the case right now, if the teams do not increase attendance, I can't see very many corporate sponsorships continuing if you can't draw people to the product.

I'll be the first to say that I have no clue what conditions or agreements have been made between the league/teams and their sponsors. I could be wrong. As a basketball fanatic, I would love to see both leagues be successful and in turn boost Canada Basketball to be able to compete with the global super powers in the sport.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2019, 2:02 AM

Hollywood Courtside at Avenir Center

Does anyone know what the "Hollywood Courtside" seats at the Avenir Center for Magic games include that make them almost twice as expensive as the "regular" courtside seats?

Old Posted Oct 24, 2019, 5:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tal View Post
Does anyone know what the "Hollywood Courtside" seats at the Avenir Center for Magic games include that make them almost twice as expensive as the "regular" courtside seats?
Yes, they are courtside seats at the center line and possibly a couple more near the center line moving closer to the Magic's bench. There may be only around a dozen or so of these seats available.

Looking at the pricing, they appear all cheaper than last year, except for the Hollywood seats which are still $60 per game. Same price as last year if I remember correctly.

Edit: I was correct. See site below a scroll down the page for seating map.
https://d2o2figo6ddd0g.cloudfront.ne...c-Tix-PDF2.pdf

Old Posted Oct 24, 2019, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Yes, they are courtside seats at the center line and possibly a couple more near the center line moving closer to the Magic's bench. There may be only around a dozen or so of these seats available.

Looking at the pricing, they appear all cheaper than last year, except for the Hollywood seats which are still $60 per game. Same price as last year if I remember correctly.

Edit: I was correct. See site below a scroll down the page for seating map.
https://d2o2figo6ddd0g.cloudfront.ne...c-Tix-PDF2.pdf
You're pretty much sitting on the bench with the players with the Hollywood Seats. I mean I wouldnt pay it but basketball is one of those sports where I find being closer to the action is a better experience. You can hear whats going on during timeouts, hear the players chirping each other etc.

The seats are usually occupied so its a nice way to generate some extra revenue for the team with no added cost. Would have been a good experience during playoffs when the action was pretty intense.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2019, 9:46 PM

Just a note , admin you can change the year to 2019-20.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
You're pretty much sitting on the bench with the players with the Hollywood Seats. I mean I wouldnt pay it but basketball is one of those sports where I find being closer to the action is a better experience. You can hear whats going on during timeouts, hear the players chirping each other etc.

The seats are usually occupied so its a nice way to generate some extra revenue for the team with no added cost. Would have been a good experience during playoffs when the action was pretty intense.
They probably would have called them "Drake Seats" if they were allowed. I wouldn't be surprised if more teams came up with a gimmick for those seats.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces