HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

    

One Manhattan West in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram
New York Projects & Construction Forum
            
View Full Map

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
     
     
  #1  
Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 11:33 AM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 34,719
Smile NEW YORK | 1 Manhattan West | 995 FT | 71 FLOORS

MANHATTAN WEST

Two towers:
66 stories - 3.4 msf - 1,216 ft
60 stories - 1.9 msf - 935 ft




__________________________________________


NY Post

FOUR TOWERS NEAR FARLEY
BROOKFIELD STILL NEEDS ANCHOR




March 14, 2007

BROOKFIELD Properties is readying plans for four towers totaling 4.7 million feet at the rear of the Farley Post Office on the west side of Ninth Avenue between 31st and 33rd streets.

"It will be an awesome location," Ric Clark, Brookfield's CEO, said at the Young Men's and Women's Real Estate Association luncheon yesterday.

Clark said plans call for the east end of the plot to host two office towers sharing 4 million square feet while the west end will have two residential towers totaling 700,000 feet.

They hope to kick off marketing the northern office tower of 1.6 million square feet within the next few weeks, for delivery in late 2010. That process will begin with the sharing of new renderings now being prepared by Skidmore Owings Merrill.

While there's no anchor tenant yet, Clark said Brookfield is in discussions with "all the usual suspects" and expects rents to start in the $80 range.

Would they break ground without an anchor tenant? "Never say never," Clark said. "But we would need to know the Moynihan Train Station was going forward."
__________________
NEW YORK. World's capital.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Feb 22, 2008 at 3:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 11:36 AM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 34,719
Quote:
Clark said plans call for the east end of the plot to host two office towers sharing 4 million square feet while the west end will have two residential towers totaling 700,000 feet.

They hope to kick off marketing the northern office tower of 1.6 million square feet within the next few weeks, for delivery in late 2010.
With my good math skills, I put the towers at this size

1 tower at........... 2.4 msf
1 tower at........... 1.6 msf

2 residential towers totalling......700,000 sf


Not bad. And we don't even have the plans for the MSG site, nor the 2.5 msf tower at the Hotel Penn site. Things are really looking up...
__________________
NEW YORK. World's capital.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3  
Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 11:44 AM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 34,719
Brookfield's site in relation to other major developments...





Fronting 9th Ave...







__________________
NEW YORK. World's capital.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4  
Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 8:20 PM
Trojan in NYC's Avatar
Trojan in NYC Trojan in NYC is offline
Technoaddict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Norf Cackalacka
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
With my good math skills, I put the towers at this size

1 tower at........... 2.4 msf
1 tower at........... 1.6 msf

2 residential towers totalling......700,000 sf


Not bad. And we don't even have the plans for the MSG site, nor the 2.5 msf tower at the Hotel Penn site. Things are really looking up...
2.4 msf would be a pretty tall building. I hope these buildings get built soon.
__________________
Why do I smile at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5  
Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 8:31 PM
Thskyscraper's Avatar
Thskyscraper Thskyscraper is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 655
I hope so. It's a small plot for 4 buildings, so there has to be one or two of these towers that are 600ft+.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6  
Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 8:48 PM
lazar22b lazar22b is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
^^ Maybe for the residential. 2.4 msf is most likely around 1000ft. BoA is 2.2 msf.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7  
Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 11:27 PM
CoolCzech's Avatar
CoolCzech CoolCzech is offline
Frigidus Maximus
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazar22b View Post
^^ Maybe for the residential. 2.4 msf is most likely around 1000ft. BoA is 2.2 msf.

And don't forget that BoA has a massive base. 2.4 msf could easily translate into extraordinary height indeed on a smaller lot...
__________________
http://tinyurl.com/2acxb5t


I ❤️ NY
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 10:22 PM
antinimby's Avatar
antinimby antinimby is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In syndication
Posts: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojans14 View Post
2.4 msf would be a pretty tall building. I hope these buildings get built soon.
But first, they have to build a platform over the railroad tracks. That takes a long time.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 11:04 PM
R@ptor's Avatar
R@ptor R@ptor is offline
Global Citizen
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 6,626
Great news. This will really help to link the Midtown skyline with the upcoming Westside skyline.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2007, 11:50 AM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 34,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
But first, they have to build a platform over the railroad tracks. That takes a long time.
Apparently not that long...

Quote:
They hope to kick off marketing the northern office tower of 1.6 million square feet within the next few weeks, for delivery in late 2010.
I know Brookfield has had plans and agreements in place with the transit agencies regarding building the platform. Even so, I have trouble imagining more than two towers fitting on that site. But residential towers don't have to be very large, and will likely have much smaller footprints.


Quote:
Would they break ground without an anchor tenant? "Never say never," Clark said. "But we would need to know the Moynihan Train Station was going forward."
The Moynihan project is moving forward, we should be getting plans on that next month. It's just astonishing the amount of commercial space being built on basically two blocks. I guess the developers in Midtown want to strike back early and hard at the WTC, something I don't think happend the first time around. But with the office market as hot as it is in Manhattan, there's not a better time to do it.

A look at NY's largest new office developments (doesn't include nearly full towers like Times, BofA, and Goldman Sachs)

Downtown
Freedom Tower............2.6 msf office tower
Tower 2 .....................2.5 msf office tower
Tower 3 .....................2.5 msf office tower
Tower 4 .....................2.8 msf office tower
Tower 5 .....................1.8 msf office tower

Midtown
Hotel Penn site ............2.5 msf office tower
MSG site.....................6 msf - 2 office towers
Brookfield tower 1 ........1.6 msf office tower
Brookfield tower 2 ........2.5 msf office tower
__________________
NEW YORK. World's capital.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2007, 1:49 PM
Thefigman's Avatar
Thefigman Thefigman is online now
OC transplant from Joisey
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 332
This and the MSG site are going to make for an impressive cluster!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2007, 1:20 AM
BINARY SYSTEM's Avatar
BINARY SYSTEM BINARY SYSTEM is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 119
I hope the 2.4 msf tower is 300 meters +, I'm sick of Midtown and the city picking scrapers in the range of 250 meters. NO MORE PEOPLE, LET'S MOVE IT UP A COUPLE OF NOTCHES!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 2:51 AM
CoolCzech's Avatar
CoolCzech CoolCzech is offline
Frigidus Maximus
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,617
So in a few years, the ESB could actually be obscured behind several taller towers... quite a change for New York that would be. Probably the most significant since the Chrysler and ESB were constructed, actually.
__________________
http://tinyurl.com/2acxb5t


I ❤️ NY
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 3:15 AM
STERNyc's Avatar
STERNyc STERNyc is offline
Landmark Restored
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
So in a few years, the ESB could actually be obscured behind several taller towers... quite a change for New York that would be. Probably the most significant since the Chrysler and ESB were constructed, actually.
You're forgetting the original WTC, it was pretty big news when it was built...
__________________
Somewhere between Child's clarity and Libeskind's dazzle lies the future.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 12:15 PM
CoolCzech's Avatar
CoolCzech CoolCzech is offline
Frigidus Maximus
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by STERNyc View Post
You're forgetting the original WTC, it was pretty big news when it was built...
True, but I mean right now when you drive down the Westside Hwy the ESB stands out like a gigantic exclamation mark, in magnificent isolation from other tall buildings. But if all the different projects - the Brookfield and the Vornado projects, the tower at the Hotel Penn site - get underway and reach their potential heights, the ESB will be literally obscured from sight, save perhaps for its spire, from that viewpoint. THAT would make for a radical change to the "look" of NYC, at least from that side of Manhattan...
__________________
http://tinyurl.com/2acxb5t


I ❤️ NY
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 12:21 PM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 34,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
True, but I mean right now when you drive down the Westside Hwy the ESB stands out like a gigantic exclamation mark, in magnificent isolation from other tall buildings. But if all the different projects - the Brookfield and the Vornado projects, the tower at the Hotel Penn site - get underway and reach their potential heights, the ESB will be literally obscured from sight, save perhaps for its spire, from that viewpoint. THAT would make for a radical change to the "look" of NYC, at least from that side of Manhattan...
It really depends on the angle. Because those towers are virtually "in line" with the ESB, they really would only block it in the 33rd-30th St range. You would actually see all of the towers from most other places. But we'll just have to wait and see the bulk and heights of the towers.
__________________
NEW YORK. World's capital.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #17  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 1:11 PM
Thefigman's Avatar
Thefigman Thefigman is online now
OC transplant from Joisey
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It really depends on the angle. Because those towers are virtually "in line" with the ESB, they really would only block it in the 33rd-30th St range. You would actually see all of the towers from most other places. But we'll just have to wait and see the bulk and heights of the towers.
Looking at the area in question, it would appear that the Jersey side views of the ESB would be most effected, and that would really be only from right across the river and a little south of there. Middlesex county, NJ/Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx views should still be able to see the ESB no matter what the height of the buildings constructed. Although, it just won't stand out as much.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 12:13 PM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 34,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
So in a few years, the ESB could actually be obscured behind several taller towers... quite a change for New York that would be. Probably the most significant since the Chrysler and ESB were constructed, actually.
That would be quite a change. For so many years, the Empire State has dominated Midtown. And nothing in the immediate area even comes close. It was the world's tallest for about 4 decades, and is the only former tallest to hold the title of a city's tallest on two seperate occasions.

Yet, the day of the ESB's dominance may be coming to a close. Midtown developers want to offer the same type of space being offered Downtown at the new WTC. It's no coincidence that most of these towers have the same target dates of completion (and are all actively seeking tenants, something done years ahead in New York).

Quote:
They hope to kick off marketing the northern office tower of 1.6 million square feet within the next few weeks, for delivery in late 2010. That process will begin with the sharing of new renderings now being prepared by Skidmore Owings Merrill.
What surprises me is that of all the new towers in the area, I thought the Hotel Penn tower would sprout first (they're shooting for 2011). Who knew Brookfield would trump both Vornado's tower and Silverstein's WTC towers?
__________________
NEW YORK. World's capital.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 12:19 PM
CoolCzech's Avatar
CoolCzech CoolCzech is offline
Frigidus Maximus
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
That would be quite a change. For so many years, the Empire State has dominated Midtown. And nothing in the immediate area even comes close. It was the world's tallest for about 4 decades, and is the only former tallest to hold the title of a city's tallest on two seperate occasions.

Yet, the day of the ESB's dominance may be coming to a close.
And the ESB continued to dominate downtown even after the Twins were put up.

It is a stunning testament to the true greatness of the ESB that it was maintained its standout status in the most skyscraper-intense city in the world right thru the 1st decade of the 21st century, nearly 70 years since it was put up.

But it also underscores what an exciting time in NYC's building history this particular era has suddenly - against all expectations, really, when you consider what was being said after 9/11 - turned into.

And it's not just the mega-projects like Vornado's plan for an AOL-type development around MSG, only bigger, either... 8th Avenue is almost casually being transformed into another Avenue of the Americas before our eyes, and Manhattan is overflowing its physical boundaries into Jersey City and Queen. Even Brooklyn will soon have a skyline worthy of many another major city downtown area!
__________________
http://tinyurl.com/2acxb5t


I ❤️ NY
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #20  
Old Posted Nov 7, 2010, 9:58 PM
nim3 nim3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Exclamation

does anyone know if this project by brookfield properties.......is proposed or is it currently under construction.???
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:52 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.