HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 20, 2021, 7:16 PM

South Shore Nova Scotia Developments & Discussion

A lot of the threads deal with the bigger urban centres, and rightfully so. The lion's share of change is happening in those areas.

Maybe this thread would be better suited in the Rural thread, but I think there seems to be enough change happening in towns all around the Annapolis Valley and the South Shore that this area could warrant some attention from those who can source out info and the such.

Nothing gets spread around smaller communities faster than gossip...not even Bell or Rogers can match the speed a rumour can achieve.

Although I am not privy to much going ons I am indeed curious....that's why I am here

Does anyone have news to share?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 3:14 AM
Sarcstic Caper in Exile

I think most of what the forumers here know about would be in the Rural thread already, but maybe there's someone (maybe even a lurker) who knows about more and can start sharing. Nice idea, hopefully it gets some traction.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2022, 3:27 PM

Since the Annapolis Valley now has it's own thread I am going to rename this one to be South Shore Nova Scotia Developments & Discussion.

And to kick off this thread I was in Bridgewater this weekend and was very surprised to see a construction crane next to Walmart. I did a little digging and found out it is for Stonemount by the Shore, a 245-unit (in two buildings) retirement living complex going up along Highway 10.

Source: stonemount.ca/by-the-shore

Halifax Developments Blog (Photo by David Jackson)

Old Posted Apr 27, 2022, 3:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Good idea to rename the thread.

someone123 posted about this in the Canada section:

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
King's Hotel proposal for Lunenburg.

I think this is interesting and it's a parking lot today (the hotel was demolished in the 1950's), but I wish there were more faithful recreations rather than modernist reinterpretations. I wonder if the municipality will accept this design.

https://townoflunenburg.ca/news/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces