HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise Construction

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 11:15 PM

I hope they end up with the red glass wrapping around the top of the core/roof lounge like in the original drawings.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 4:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWILLSKYLINE View Post
I hope they end up with the red glass wrapping around the top of the core/roof lounge like in the original drawings.
I was pretty shocked when they started installing the red glass on the base. I thought it looked cheesy in the renderings and was confident they'd VE it out. But seeing it in pictures it's so daring and unique and badass. I don't see why they wouldn't go through with the original plan now. Fingers crossed.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 7:56 AM

^^^^ definetly would make it easier for tenants to point out to their friends where they live from a distance.
"Which one do you live in ?"...

"The one wearing a red hat."

Haha. Lets hope

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swicago Swi Sox View Post
There was supposed to be a building built there that got to site prep in 2008-2009, but halted due to the great recession. It was most crushing because there was a great little hot dog stand on that site that was bulldozed for the prep, so in the end we got no new building and one less hot dog stand.
It was for a Graves Hotel planned by a Minneapolis company for around 60 stories with a pretty nice design. (The brand is largely gone now.) It would be great if a developer would buy out and then knock down that fugly condo building stretching the length of most of that block (the blank wall along Grand is ridiculous) and then have a large blank slate. It's way too large a complex to be realistic though. Maybe a gut and skin rehab could happen.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 8:13 PM

Even though I took this next to the Vista construction site, this feels more like an Optima II shot.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:25 AM

March 16

March 23

March 24

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise Construction