HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
As the developer of 12th and Midtown, doesn't Selig also own the block at Peachtree/12th/Juniper/13th?
Yup. He had a proposal there many many years ago, but it never came to fruition: 1125 Peachtree

Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 6:05 PM

Quote:
As the developer of 12th and Midtown, doesn't Selig also own the block at Peachtree/12th/Juniper/13th?
Not exactly. 12th & Midtown is a development team consisting primarily of Selig and Daniel Corp based in Birmingham. The 1125 site appears to be owned by a 12th & Midtown LLC while the property mentioned in this article is owned by Selig.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Not exactly. 12th & Midtown is a development team consisting primarily of Selig and Daniel Corp based in Birmingham. The 1125 site appears to be owned by a 12th & Midtown LLC while the property mentioned in this article is owned by Selig.
Speaking of which, I would have guessed earlier in the year that they would have made an announcement regarding that site by now.. Especially since they wrapped up phase 3 on 11th street a while ago and have a lot of potential competition in the area announced recently. Wonder what they are waiting for?

Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.ARCH View Post
Speaking of which, I would have guessed earlier in the year that they would have made an announcement regarding that site by now.. Especially since they wrapped up phase 3 on 11th street a while ago and have a lot of potential competition in the area announced recently. Wonder what they are waiting for?
Have you heard rumblings that they were planning on doing something with that site recently?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2016, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Have you heard rumblings that they were planning on doing something with that site recently?
Not recently.. the last I remember hearing about it was that it would likely be the next phase after the apartment project on 11th wraps up. So maybe something to be announced soon?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2016, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.ARCH View Post
Not recently.. the last I remember hearing about it was that it would likely be the next phase after the apartment project on 11th wraps up. So maybe something to be announced soon?
I hope so. That's a prime location that I would like to see developed in this cycle.

Assuming that Eviva is definitely happening, my top 5 proposed developments that I'd like to see get off the ground in 2017 are: (1) Opus Place, (2) 1138 Peachtree, (3) SLS Hotel and Residences, (4) 1105 West Peachtree and (5) 195 13th Street. They're all within a couple of block of each other. That would really add some density to the area.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2016, 1:18 AM

Quote:
I hope so. That's a prime location that I would like to see developed in this cycle.

Assuming that Eviva is definitely happening, my top 5 proposed developments that I'd like to see get off the ground in 2017 are: (1) Opus Place, (2) 1138 Peachtree, (3) SLS Hotel and Residences, (4) 1105 West Peachtree and (5) 195 13th Street. They're all within a couple of block of each other. That would really add some density to the area.
I was just thinking about whether I wanted to see 1105 West Peachtree or Opus Place happen the most. I mean its not often that we have the opportunity to see a 900-footer going up so Opus comes out on top. I also think 1105 WP would have the most skyline impact other than Opus. I believe Trillist is focused on the SLS project right now and 1138 Peachtree is on the back burner. I'm including Eviva because until there is actual construction, you just never know.

My most wanted in 2017...

1. Opus
2. 1105 West Peachtree
3. Eviva
4. SLS Hotel
5. Star Metals

Old Posted Dec 14, 2016, 1:55 AM

duplicate

Old Posted Dec 14, 2016, 1:59 AM

I agree with that list except I would switch 1138 for the Star Metals (which I love though).

My dream list -

Pershing Point tower (concept was designed by SOM) - it's begging to be developed.

That 10th street site (ugh)

17th and Ptree mixed use - I really like the look of the renderings.

50 Allen Plaza reincarnation - so visible from the connector and Cent. Park

Old Posted Dec 28, 2016, 9:24 PM

Old 4th Ward booming

Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 7:13 PM

Apogee Buckhead to break ground in February

http://www.myajc.com/business/buckhe...7SlC9t65NmCZM/

Quote:
Steve Patterson, the president and CEO of Related Group’s development arm, said he expects to start construction in mid-February on the 35-story high-rise near Lenox Square. The tower is the latest in a wave of luxury apartment development that has added tens of thousands of units to the region during the economic recovery.

Related plans an early 2019 completion for the Buckhead tower, which will includes space for a high-end restaurant, retailers and office tenants.
The article also mentions the much discussed Atlanta apartment boom and affirms that the fundamentals are still very strong with rents rising over the last year, vacancy at 4.2% and continued job growth.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 12:33 PM

Georgia Tech eyes new West Midtown project

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...n-project.html
Quote:
Georgia Tech is seeking developers for an 11.5-acre site where hundreds of apartments, retail and office space, and a hotel could rise in the heart of West Midtown.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 12:31 PM

Colony Square Redo on the January Midtown DRC agenda

I really wasn't expecting them to get rid of the drop-off but I'm very happy that it is a part of the proposal. I think this will be a game changer for Midtown retail.
NEW APPLICATION: Colony Square
Project Type: The proposed CSQ project includes the renewal and renovation of the existing mixed-use development at 1197 Peachtree Street encompassing 6 acres which will be constructed in multiple phases. The major components include installation of new two-story store fronts at the existing 100 and 400 office towers, removing the roof of the existing mall and reconstructing the retail experience, and a proposed new building as the last phase at the northern portion of the project. The proposed site plan includes the removal of the Peachtree drop-off, enhanced pedestrian access into the interior retail area, on-street parking, and vehicular access improvements at the existing driveways.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Jan 9, 2017 at 5:30 PM.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I really wasn't expecting them to get rid of drop-off but I'm very happy that it is a part of the proposal. I think this will be a game changer for Midtown retail.
This will be a big deal for Midtown, especially after we see more infill around Arts Center. Ansley negates much foot traffic from ever coming in from that area, although I believe this will grow into a nice hub for Midtown's growing neighborhood.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 11:58 PM

I agree. It's a huge deal for establishing some retail critical mass in Midtown.

There is a term in urban planning called "sticky streets". These are the kind of places where people want to linger and enjoy the surroundings. I don't think Midtown has any such place yet and that's why Colony Square is such a big deal. I believe it has the potential to be that kind of gathering place for Midtown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
While these are still preliminary & subject to many changes the renderings from the design architect's website (Beyer Blinder Belle) illustrate retail being built out to Peachtree at the drop-off/parking entrance area.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2017, 3:51 PM

Colony Square renderings and site plan from the Business Chronicle

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...o-midtown.html

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Jan 12, 2017 at 11:54 AM.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2017, 4:04 PM

There should be a whole thread dedicated to Colony Square. This is a transformative project for Midtown.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
There should be a whole thread dedicated to Colony Square. This is a transformative project for Midtown.
I agree

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 11:08 PM

1280 West Peachtree

The DRC also reviewed the office renovation at 1280 West Peachtree.

Quote:
1280 West Peachtree Street, proposes a complete renovation of an existing commercial structure at the corner of 16th and West Peachtree Streets, chosen as Interface’s new corporate headquarters. Exterior modifications include: removal of a 1980’s finish to expose much of the original 1960’s brick office building; a recessed first floor at the street level to provide a covered entry into the lobby and to better accommodate pedestrians and visitors arriving by transit; and a new full-height veil of glass with white forest graphic wrapping the West Peachtree and 16th Street facades. All of the building’s systems will be upgraded, including new HVAC and lighting systems that will help reduce the building’s total energy use to almost 50% of typical office buildings and a cistern for collecting, storing and treating rainwater that will eliminate the need for municipal water for restroom fixtures and irrigation. These strategies and others will help the building earn LEED and WELL Certifications for green, healthy workplaces. 

The project is a welcome enhancement to a dated commercial property.  The committee was fully supportive of the project and looks forward to the addition of this innovative building and tenant to the Midtown EcoDistrict.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 2:25 PM

Medical Arts Building to be saved, redeveloped

http://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/1/13/...adaptive-reuse
Quote:
Boyd Coons, Director of the Atlanta Preservation Center, sent Curbed Atlanta information detailing the donation of the façade of the building to Easements Atlanta — a group that ensures preservation of buildings through the donation of façade easements in return for tax credits for development.

With the donation, the building’s historic façade is now protected from any development plans in the future.

Global X — a group that’s made a name for themselves investing in the rehab of historic buildings across the country — approached the Atlanta Preservation Center seeking an ideal project in Atlanta.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta