HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Area Photos & Videos

Old Posted Dec 12, 2011, 8:39 PM
BANNED

Photos look fantastic!

BTW - I visiting during the day on Saturday and there were very few people considering it is two weeks before x-mas. I can only imagine that some of the new stores that were attracted to Calgary with promise of a top tier mall might be getting a little disappointed. Certainly there is opportunity to reinvigorate with the gardens opening up soon, but currently the outfits must be sucking wind!

Has anyone had a different experience?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2011, 8:43 PM
not a NIMBY

beautiful!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2011, 10:50 PM
Editor

Cool shots!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2011, 11:49 PM
formerly-furry flâneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburb View Post
Photos look fantastic!

BTW - I visiting during the day on Saturday and there were very few people considering it is two weeks before x-mas. I can only imagine that some of the new stores that were attracted to Calgary with promise of a top tier mall might be getting a little disappointed. Certainly there is opportunity to reinvigorate with the gardens opening up soon, but currently the outfits must be sucking wind!

Has anyone had a different experience?
Not even remotely- was PACKED on Saturday when we were there- all of downtown seemed to be.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 6:39 AM
Hare Expert

I wonder how that tree compares to the one in the Eaton Centre out here? They look about similar in size...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 4:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty van Reddick View Post
Not even remotely- was PACKED on Saturday when we were there- all of downtown seemed to be.
Very odd. I was there for about 1.5hrs mid-day on Saturday. Had lunch in the Core's food area. I ate at Villa Medina - zero line. My wife and daughter ate at KFC - one person ahead of them. It was certainly not packed - and not busy in the least. You need to visit a place like Chinook to really see what PACKED means.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 11:16 PM
formerly-furry flâneur

Madina never has a line because it's terrible.

I didn't go the the foodcourt- this was eg at the Rogers store and shops on floors 1 and 2.

And if you want to see packed- try the Core on a winter weekday between say 12 and 2.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 12:24 AM
Here and There

Quote:
Very odd. I was there for about 1.5hrs mid-day on Saturday. Had lunch in the Core's food area. I ate at Villa Medina - zero line. My wife and daughter ate at KFC - one person ahead of them. It was certainly not packed - and not busy in the least. You need to visit a place like Chinook to really see what PACKED means.
Thats why I avoid chinook.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 8:59 PM
YIMBY

[QUOTE=Rusty van Reddick;5515285]Madina never has a line because it's terrible.

I didn't go the the foodcourt- this was eg at the Rogers store and shops on floors 1 and 2.

And if you want to see packed- try the Core on a winter weekday between say 12 and 2.[/QUOTE]

This is when these stores make their money, the rest is just gravy for them

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 10:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw5150 View Post
Thats why I avoid chinook.
Aren't you the guy you wanted to live in Kawloon walled city for the density and 'critical mass of people'? You're a funny guy KY.

Quote:
Madina never has a line because it's terrible.

And if you want to see packed- try the Core on a winter weekday between say 12 and 2.
Winter weekday at lunch was not my comment, and nor was it yours. The food court was just a measurement indicator. I went up and down all floors (in fact parked underground, so started on ground) and into the neighboring buildings also on Saturday. For it being two weeks before Christmas, it was absolutely dead. I cannot imagine how you could have seen it packed on the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Mountain View Post
This is when these stores make their money, the rest is just gravy for them
Fair enough. Again, my observation was a Saturday two weekends before Christmas and with free underground heated parking. Perhaps I was being too optimistic expecting more than a few dozen people!

Old Posted Dec 15, 2011, 3:08 AM
YIMBY

Quote:
Fair enough. Again, my observation was a Saturday two weekends before Christmas and with free underground heated parking. Perhaps I was being too optimistic expecting more than a few dozen people!
Interesting, I'll be heading down there for boxing day, hoping for a quiet day!

Old Posted Dec 15, 2011, 3:33 AM
The City That Moves

Cool photos AB_Born! I had a blast that night and have several friends that want to go next year as well. Fun to people watch. haha! and I won one of the Harry Rosen charity auction stockings.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Area Photos & Videos