HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Jul 13, 2007, 5:53 AM

I've been so busy at work the only Stampeding of any sort has been one, read it ONE measly non-alcoholic pancake breakfast.

Come 3:30-4:00ish tomorrow I'll be leaving the office and getting my drink on at the Oxford 'Stomp'.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2007, 2:21 PM
Kid Dynamic!

I'm starting to reach the point of having my fill of the Stampede for another year but am gonna go hard this weekend because it's a full year before it fires up again. Starting today around 3:00! I should be totally spent by Sunday. I STILL love the Stampede!!!

Old Posted Jul 13, 2007, 3:37 PM

Yeah, I've had my does of Stampede for the year. I've got one more Stampede thing coming up and then I'm good until next year.

Just curious about the events people went to this year. Which ones were the best ones? which ones were duds?

The UBS Warburg due was a good one. Did anyone go to Telus' event?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2007, 3:40 PM
Construction Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Is anyone Stampeded out yet?
Nope, if I hadn't read the papers, I'd would hardly even know that the stampede was going on - except for seeing a few guys in cowboy hats driving their SMART cars. I haven't been to the grounds, didn't go to the parade. I guess I did go to my church's stampede breakfast. We've been to busy taking care of my two month old, and getting ready to move at the end of the month.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2007, 3:50 PM

Showdown Sunday - the richest day in Rodeo! That'll be my last day Stampeding! Admittedly though, I don't do the drinking parties (or breakfasts) anymore though, so I can make it through to the end...

Bought my final day rodeo tickets back in February (they sell out quick), so looking forward to it.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2007, 5:22 PM
Home of Hyperchange

I'm seriously disappointed in one aspect of Stampede this year. There hasn't been a new pile of vomit at Dalhousie as of this morning. C'mon people, most years I see 3 or 4 during the week.

I know people are drinking, and cramming the trains full, so is our collective tolerance just that high this year?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2007, 6:25 PM
Reach for the heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepstar View Post
Yeah, I've had my does of Stampede for the year. I've got one more Stampede thing coming up and then I'm good until next year.

Just curious about the events people went to this year. Which ones were the best ones? which ones were duds?

The UBS Warburg due was a good one. Did anyone go to Telus' event?
I went to the Cisco breakfast at Joey Tomatos, and it was very good. Who can turn down Eggs Benny, and Orange juice with champagne!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2007, 3:32 AM
Home of Hyperchange

This city never lets me down. Someone got shmucked by a train today just south of the Erlton station. Needless to say, it caused no end of grief to the Stampede-bound population. Took quite a while to get a train out of there.

Now the bets are on to see if, like most train impact victims, he/she was drunk.

I do still find it odd to not have seen a single Checkstop during the entire week. I guess drinking & driving just isn't a concern in this city.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2007, 4:33 AM
Editor

A couple of pictures from last night

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy