HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Ever had a big development go up next door to your house? Something your money will be at risk for?

Negotiating with big business interests and lawyers is not pretty business. Of course I'm gonna object to your height until you absolutely commit to what I want. It's 101. And believe me the developers play it well. Like throwing in extra height late in the game ( as happened here from what I read) and throwing you into another battle when all you want in affordable housing. Yeah.. not pretty business.
So at the end of the day, you wanna profit from my neighborhood.... You better be a damn ass good neighbor.! ;-).
While I may not agree with everything being asked. I',m very happy there are folks who are keeping the flow of development tempered to local needs and neighborhoods.
Otherwise you get ...... well, Houston.
I understand what you are saying. It is game played by both sides. In my neighborhood however, the old NIMBY's fight the smallest itty bitty tiny variances. I had to cut the brick I used on my new house in HALF (and apply it like tile to the side of my house), to use it. Otherwise I would have been over the impervious cover limit. This is just 1 of hundreds of little bs things we had to do build a 4 -3 bath house. 3100 sqft house on 8000 sqft lot. All because of NIMBY's....they add months to construction time and tens of thousands of dollars to my personal cost to build. It is an OUTRAGE.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin