HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 7:24 PM

browns 30 story condo

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 12:07 PM

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 2:54 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Lookin' good, Baltimore!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 10:11 PM

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 12:43 AM

Being Built in Baltimore now...Athem Househttp

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 12:47 AM

Old Posted Sep 12, 2015, 6:43 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

300 East Pratt Street 48 story new tallest!

From the BBJ.
Should be well over 600 ft. tall when completed.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2015, 6:48 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

More on 300 East Pratt Street

From the BBJ:

"A bold vision for a 48-story tower at 300 E. Pratt Street will bring the downtown development glory back to Pratt Street, design panelists said on Thursday.
"Thank you for taking this to the level that will give Harbor East and Harbor Point a run for their money," said Pavlina Ilieva, a member of the city's Urban Design and Architecture Review Panel. "This is going to dominate the entire skyline."

During its third review of design plans for the site, UDARP finally recommended schematic approval for the mixed-use project at a long-underutilized and highly visible site at the Inner Harbor. The site, located between Commerce and South streets, housed the former Baltimore News-American building. It has been a parking lot for decades.

The building will include 200 hotel rooms, 400 residential units, 10,000 square feet of retail space and a 550-space above-ground parking garage.
Reston, Va.-based developer Comstock Partners had to shrink the project's footprint, sacrificing about 10,000 square feet of retail space, to meet new flood-plain requirements that the building's entrances be 8 feet off the ground in case of flooding during a major storm.
Gregory Luongo, vice president of D.C.-based HKS Architects, said designers strove to respect the history of the Inner Harbor, while creating a modern building that provides a "dynamic and distinctive profile" from every vantage point.

Panelists praised the designers' overhaul of the steps leading to the above-grade building. Panel members had recommended at an earlier meeting that the stairs emphasize "ascending" instead of climbing. Designers made the steps lower, wider and terraced, leaving wide stoops that invite pedestrians to sit and look out on Pratt Street.
Panelists were divided in their opinion of a bright orange fin on the western facade. Most liked the bold orange color and the thin rails reaching high over the top of the building, but others would have preferred the feature to be solid instead of perforated.
Panelist Richard Burns said some aspects of the design, especially the facades aiming to shield the garage from view, were unnecessarily complicated, and the integration of the base of the building with the tall tower component was "troubling."
Larry Bergner of Comstock Partners declined to disclose the estimated price tag for the project, which he said is still a moving target.
Parking lot owner InterPark LLC purchased the site in August 2013 after a redevelopment plan proposed by Urban America LP in 2006 fell apart during the recession."

Courtesy from BBJ and MasonInquiries!

Old Posted Sep 18, 2015, 12:48 PM

Ty Steven, for some reason I can't post pictures here

Old Posted Apr 5, 2016, 7:56 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Project Update: Rendering for Port Covington ( Under Armour Campus )

Original Post: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1064

Credit: http://www.baltimoresun.com/business...324-story.html

Quote:
The Baltimore Development Corp.'s board unanimously approved a record $535 million in public financing to build infrastructure for billionaire Under Armour founder Kevin Plank's mixed-use real estate project in Port Covington, sending the proposal to the city's Board of Finance for review.

The money would build streets, utilities, sewers, bike and pedestrian paths, and other infrastructure on the South Baltimore peninsula, where Plank plans to develop thousands of residences and millions of square feet of office and retail space alongside a new headquarters campus for his sports apparel company.

The request from Plank's private real estate firm, Sagamore Development, still needs approval from the Board of Finance and the City Council. Sagamore also is seeking about $574 million in state and federal funds for transportation infrastructure in the area, which is located in an Enterprise Zone and eligible for significant tax breaks.

"We're excited to be one step closer to our city transforming Port Covington into a thriving, active and inclusive waterfront neighborhood and economic center for everyone," Sagamore Development President Marc Weller said in a statement.

The $5.5 billion proposal for Port Covington also includes manufacturing space, hotels and about 40 acres of parks.
=========================
http://www.baltimoresun.com/business...324-story.html

Old Posted Jul 28, 2016, 10:06 PM

Exelon Tower the Centrepiece of Harbor Point Development

Quote:
Baltimore's largest undeveloped piece of downtown waterfront property is undergoing a significant remodelling that has started with the completion of the 21-storey Exelon Tower. Upon full buildout, the Harbor Point site will contain three million square feet of mixed-use space on 27 acres of land, including 9.5 acres of waterfront parkland and a lively pedestrian promenade.

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 6:16 AM
Baltimore

I haven't been on here for years. I'm going to take pictures and post many buildings being built in Baltimore. The Exelon tower mentioned above is completed. I'll post that. There is another high rise being built close to the Exelon tower as well. 414 Light street is starting to rise! There are other cranes in town too! Lots going on in beautiful Baltimore!

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulured55 View Post
I haven't been on here for years. I'm going to take pictures and post many buildings being built in Baltimore. The Exelon tower mentioned above is completed. I'll post that. There is another high rise being built close to the Exelon tower as well. 414 Light street is starting to rise! There are other cranes in town too! Lots going on in beautiful Baltimore!
Thanks I'm sure we all would appreciate your pictures of all the development going on downtown.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2017, 12:43 AM
Baltimore

Baltimore!!!!!

Hey!!!! I'm back!!! I need to figure out how to upload pictures.. is Photobucket still the way?

Old Posted Aug 4, 2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Hey!!!! I'm back!!! I need to figure out how to upload pictures.. is Photobucket still the way?
I have always used Flickr it's easier and you can choose your size when you copy your photo link.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Any pictures yet I'm anxious?!?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 2:10 AM

414 Light Street Construction

https://flic.kr/p/YVuFja

414 Light Street construction update photo from September 9th, 2017

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 10:04 AM
Casagranda

The project when completed will certainly be great.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 9:26 PM
Meh

Renderings

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...baltimore.html
Quote:
Take a look at the Amazon HQ2 proposal Baltimore pitched

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 3:40 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations