HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 7:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
The article does point out that even when it takes over in 2013 it won't be rebranding the stores so we'll probably still see them branded as Zellers. Most likely this was a move due to the fact they don't own the Target brand up here.... yet.

I'm still of the opinion the fellow back east is opening the Target apparel stores so that he drives up the buyout price for his Canadian trademark. He had nothing before really and now that Target is coming to Canada, he'll sit down to the table and say "buy my stores + brand for $100 million and it's yours."
for sure - the dude owned the target name for over 10 years before he even opened a store which opened just around the time target made their big expansion plans

i've heard that they want 100 target stores that leave over 100 stores - and of that i heard walmart wants 60 locations, kohls and jc penny may also want some of the locations as both have plans to expand into canada

http://www.bnet.com/blog/retail/beat...to-canada/9961

Old Posted Jun 27, 2011, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCvl View Post
This is an excerpt of a memo sent to the tenants of Central City:

4. We are delighted to announce the tower is now fully leased and 800 new high income earners will be moving into Central City strting in December of this year through to spring of 2011. McQuarrie Hunter, a local law firm, will be taking the entire 15th floor  
and are expected to open mid December 2010.  JP Morgan will be leaving the tower this fall however Fraser Health Authority is expanding their presence in the tower and wil take podiums 4 & 5 (please see attached press release.)/And finally Price Waterhouse Coopers, auditors, will be taking over the entire 14th floor and we anticipate them to be open early summer 2011.
Does anyone know if either the Fraser Health and Price Waterhouse Coopers Moves have taken place?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2011, 12:09 AM

Burger King

Burger King just opened at Central City... It's actually quite nice looking, and surprisingly less "fast foody" looking than I anticipated.

Other updates...
Rogers Mobility and Telus Mobility have doubled in size, Best Buy opened a large cell phone (Best Buy Mobility) store at the entrance to SFU, the Shiatsu massage place moved across from the Burger King (I had to wait 1 hour for a massage last week, they're getting busier). The old tea shop moved from their location across from Tim Hortons (which is now empty) but a new tea store (Teaopia) moved in to where the photography place had been...

The "Exciting Restaurant Coming Soon" is still there on the bottom level beside Zellers. I'm hoping that it actually WON'T be a restaurant (there were rumours a year ago that an Asian restaurant was going to move in). Since Target will be moving in next year, I'd like to see something more than a restaurant in that location. I think it'd be a perfect location for a higher profile store, since there'll be many more people walking by everyday, compared to now.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2011, 7:01 AM

tim hortons has shut down :O

that place had lineups into the mall everytime i visited

Old Posted Dec 20, 2011, 7:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
tim hortons has shut down :O

that place had lineups into the mall everytime i visited
Wait wtf why did that tim hortons shut down? Are they moving somewhere or what?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2011, 4:57 PM

Why in the world is TH closing down that site? There was always a huge lineup.

It's not in a great a location of the mall, but I don't want to imagine the lineups had it been in a "good" location.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2011, 6:03 PM

All of the Tim Hortons in Canada have been or will be renovated to better compete with McCafe. Perhaps that one is just closed as part of this renovation campaign? Was it renovated recently?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 4:44 PM

I don't think I've ever heard of a Tim's closing down. And you're right, the lineups were crazy at that location.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 4:56 PM

Maybe they're moving over to the Park Place retail building? *fingers crossed*

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisibleairwaves View Post
Maybe they're moving over to the Park Place retail building? *fingers crossed*
not likely its to close to the 96 ave store

but if another tim hortons did open in central i'd bet it would be likely around 108 ave.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 4:28 AM

Tim Hortons is still there, it's still open and there are still long lineups. Where did you hear it will be closing?

Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 4:43 AM

theQ said it in his message... that it was now empty

Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 5:20 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

I read it as the space that used to house the teaplace (which is across from the TH) is now empty.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 6:05 AM

Oh yeah. He meant the place across from Tim Hortons. That was the old tea store that was in the same location where Cobs Bread use to be. That's what has moved. But there is a new tea store, and in my opinion a better one as they serve awesome tea, ice-t and so on, in store ready to drink.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2012, 4:19 AM

urban behaviour must have left a big hole in the mall...

found a video on their site

http://www.centralcity.ca/central-city-lifestyle-video/

Old Posted Feb 19, 2012, 4:24 AM

i was looking at their gallery pics and they have an aerial view of central city and it doesn't even have the best buy in it - how old must that picture be

Old Posted Feb 22, 2012, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
i was looking at their gallery pics and they have an aerial view of central city and it doesn't even have the best buy in it - how old must that picture be
It must have been before 2006.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2012, 5:24 PM

The new restaurant beside Zellers (lower level, same level as T&T) has finally been announced. The sign has been showing that a restaurant would move into the site for well over a year now.

It seems that it will be a Chinese restaurant called "Neptune Seafood Restaurant" and the sign says "Opening Fall 2012"...

Personally, I'd been hoping that the restaurant plan had been shelved since the Target announcement. I thought that this would be a prime retail location directly beside the new Target...

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 1:10 AM

I heard target wasnt gonna use the zellers store in central a long time back

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 1:21 PM

Here's a press release from Target from last September announcing an "additional" 84 leases that Target acquired... The release also says that these locations "could" become Targets, or sold to other retailers... I've always assumed that the Central City location would be developed as a Target - but I guess it could be one of the leases that they've taken over to sell to someone else... Have you heard anything recent Whalleyboy?

http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/...on-215949.aspx

Last edited by theQ; Apr 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM. Reason: clarification

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley