HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Jun 12, 2013, 1:30 AM
BANNED

Off topic but btw do any of you guys have any pull at SSC? I got banned for using the word Twat from what i was told. It seems to me just a minor offence considering everything else I have said and done over there. Either way thanks for the thoughts. bnk

Old Posted Jun 12, 2013, 3:49 AM
E pluribus unum

Not sure the entire context (I never go to SSC) but maybe that particular offense was one too many? Kind of like being on probation: Okay if you don't do anything to get into trouble, but there's hell to pay for even the slightest infraction. Again, I don't know the situation, just hypothesizing (frankly, it's amazing I haven't been banned yet from SSP).

Last edited by Buckeye Native 001; Jun 12, 2013 at 1:28 PM.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2013, 10:17 PM
Bah!

....But twat is such a cute word

Old Posted Jun 13, 2013, 6:36 PM
Registered Loser

Any of you Americans have XFINITY TV? I need to check a feature on it but we don't have it here up north.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2013, 2:12 AM
E pluribus unum

Sorry, I got your message last night and didn't respond because I don't know what XFINITY TV is? So to answer your question, no, I don't have it...

Old Posted Jun 14, 2013, 3:02 AM
Always A Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by touraccuracy View Post
Any of you Americans have XFINITY TV? I need to check a feature on it but we don't have it here up north.
Comcast/Xfinity? I have it, but I don't use any of the special features beyond the channel guide, so I'm probably not much help.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2013, 7:54 AM
Registered Loser

It's cool guys, I found out the info I needed. I was looking for info on the X1 platform apparently, but I didn't know that at the time haha.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2013, 10:48 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

All you ever need to know about this place you can learn from taking a drive up I-75...

Quote:
Rowdy, drunken adventure lands Saginaw River boater in federal court

By Tresa Baldash | Detroit Free Press

June 17, 2013

This crew makes Jobbie Nooners look tame.

A tale about a raucous boating adventure has surfaced in federal court, where a Bay City man is facing criminal charges following a night of what the government described as heavy-duty partying on the Saginaw River — complete with drinking, crying, an assault and a stolen boat.

The U.S. Coast Guard broke up the party late Thursday night, arresting the captain, whose four passengers were so intoxicated that they alternated between laughing and crying when questioned by a federal officer.

Here, according to court documents, is some of what went down:

When the officer asked whether everyone had been drinking, all five boaters raised their hands.

Then, the officer got a tip that the boat was stolen. (It turned out to be true.)

The captain, Zachariah Bowdish, 31, also failed a finger-to-nose sobriety test — missing his nose and touching his cheek instead. His blood-alcohol content was 0.101%, which is too high to be driving a boat under federal law.

Handcuffed, Bowdish later kicked the Coast Guard officer in the shin.

And so, the boating season officially begins in Michigan, home to 771,000-plus registered boaters whose activities have law enforcement officials on high alert every year.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2013, 3:45 PM
Always A Classic

^ How dare you imply that Michiganders engage in drunken shenanigans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Free Pres
The U.S. Coast Guard broke up the party late Thursday night, arresting the captain, whose four passengers were so intoxicated that they alternated between laughing and crying when questioned by a federal officer.
Honestly, it sounds like they were having a great time, until the pigs showed up!

Video Link

Old Posted Jun 18, 2013, 3:28 AM
Bah!

As I mentioned several times here already, I recieved a jury summons in May and was instructed to call starting on the last Wednesday in May, after 5PM, to see if and when I needed to appear. Well, the first time I called, the recording said they didn't need me and they instructed me to call the next Wed. They didn't need me then either (even though I had a hell of a time getting through) but they instructed me to call on Friday. Well, that threw me off since it wasn't Wednesday and I completely forgot. I suddenly remembered tonight and called the 800 number not expecting much since I was off the hook the last two times.....Of course my luck has to ALWAYS consistantly shitty because the recording told me I was supposed to report in to the court this morning. I called the district court but of course they were closed so I left my name, phone number and an explanation of my absence on their answering machine.
So, has this happened to any of you? What can I expect? Am I in trouble? Will they send a hitman after me? Am I going to prison? I'M TOO OLD TO BE SOME INMATES BOYTOY!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2013, 4:41 AM
Always A Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyi View Post
As I mentioned several times here already, I recieved a jury summons in May and was instructed to call starting on the last Wednesday in May, after 5PM, to see if and when I needed to appear. Well, the first time I called, the recording said they didn't need me and they instructed me to call the next Wed. They didn't need me then either (even though I had a hell of a time getting through) but they instructed me to call on Friday. Well, that threw me off since it wasn't Wednesday and I completely forgot. I suddenly remembered tonight and called the 800 number not expecting much since I was off the hook the last two times.....Of course my luck has to ALWAYS consistantly shitty because the recording told me I was supposed to report in to the court this morning. I called the district court but of course they were closed so I left my name, phone number and an explanation of my absence on their answering machine.
So, has this happened to any of you? What can I expect? Am I in trouble? Will they send a hitman after me? Am I going to prison? I'M TOO OLD TO BE SOME INMATES BOYTOY!!!!!!!!
Talk to a human in the clerk's office (a call should suffice). Other than that I can't really tell you anything because each state, court, and even judge may be different. Hell, I've gotten speeding tickets in Ohio and the first State Trooper was okay with me mailing the ticket in with payment and the next week I received a speeding ticket by another Trooper (I was going slower, but still speeding) and she required that I pay on the spot.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2013, 4:03 PM

Old Posted Jun 19, 2013, 1:49 AM
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Brown View Post
Talk to a human in the clerk's office (a call should suffice). Other than that I can't really tell you anything because each state, court, and even judge may be different. Hell, I've gotten speeding tickets in Ohio and the first State Trooper was okay with me mailing the ticket in with payment and the next week I received a speeding ticket by another Trooper (I was going slower, but still speeding) and she required that I pay on the spot.
Talked to them today. Apparently it's no big deal (maybe just for the first time) She said there were three others that didn't show today. Back to checking in tomorrow.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2013, 1:56 AM
Always A Classic

Quote:
Talked to them today. Apparently it's no big deal (maybe just for the first time) She said there were three others that didn't show today. Back to checking in tomorrow.
I guess Bubba will be lonely tonight

Old Posted Jun 19, 2013, 2:09 AM
Bah!

^^Bubba's never lonely

Arrrghhh! Those damn Chicago suburbs!

Old Posted Jun 19, 2013, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Arrrghhh! Those damn Chicago suburbs!
What really surprised me was how high up Galesburg and Jacksonville were back in the 1800s (but no Carbondale, which doesn't get big until the 1930s). That western bulge of Illinois with Quincy must have had some pull in Springfield back then; now Wikipedia labels it Forgottonia. (Also, Cairo sneaking on, way down at Illinois' foot.)

Old Posted Jun 19, 2013, 11:03 PM
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralcoffin View Post
What really surprised me was how high up Galesburg and Jacksonville were back in the 1800s (but no Carbondale, which doesn't get big until the 1930s). That western bulge of Illinois with Quincy must have had some pull in Springfield back then; now Wikipedia labels it Forgottonia. (Also, Cairo sneaking on, way down at Illinois' foot.)
Yeah, Qunicy grew pretty big then leveled off fairly early. Jacksonville really surprised me, I didn't even put it down. I'm surprised at MYSELF for not guessing Shaumburg.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2013, 11:27 PM
Bah!

Rock Island peaked out at just over 51,000 then sunk down to 39,000 where we are today.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2013, 6:47 PM
Uncle Grandpa

Driving down to Southern Illinois (Rend Lake) area tomorrow. Meeting my in-laws there to pick up our son who is spending 2 weeks in Arkansas. It's my wife's grandparents house. They are hard-core Southern Baptist. Wish me luck!

Old Posted Jun 21, 2013, 7:02 PM
Always A Classic

Arkansas, what a lovely state. Hopefully they live in "the country" as I think it's good for city/suburban kids to go to more rural areas in the summer.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest