HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jan 22, 2013, 11:02 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

That's doable, yes. But there was one post about Bouctouche.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2013, 11:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I would say any posts about Bouctouche should be in the Rural Atlantic Canada Development thread. That's getting pretty far removed from Moncton.....

Old Posted Jan 23, 2013, 5:27 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
In the T&T today that Shediac is planning on a major expansion to the town boundaries. They are eyeing doubling the size of the town by expanding south of route 15. They are also expanding slightly to the west of route 11.

Apparently negotiations with the province are progressing favourably and they expect a final decision within the month.

Also, the article stated that the town is considering a future annexation of the Scoudouc Industrial Park.
For those curious, this is just a real quick outline of Shediac's current boundaries done in Paint:

And because I have nothing to do, Shediac's municipal boundary in the north, Dieppe's in the south, and Scoudouc Industrial Park circled in the middle, which is where Shediac is apparently looking at expanding towards.

Last edited by JHikka; Jan 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 1:46 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The proposed extension of Shediac's municipal boundaries south of Highway 15 will supposedly double the size of the town. Looking at your map, that should put the boundary at the edge of the Scoudouc Industrial Park.

The news article did state that although the industrial park is not part of the current annexation plans, that the town is considering the possibility of further expansion to include the industrial park in the future.

I wonder if the anticipated construction of the WalMart distribution centre in Scoudouc might not make the industrial park too much of an attractive annexation target for the town to ignore......

If the town's boundaries do expand to include the Scoudouc Industrial Park, this means that the Shediac town boundaries probably would not be any more than 5-6 km from Dieppe's city limits. Who says Shediac isn't part of Moncton's CMA!!!

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 3:09 AM
ハルウララ

I can only assume that Shediac is being considered for inclusion within the Moncton CMA. Things like that usually take a few years to develop. It seems as though the eventuality of the situation would lead to Moncton, Dieppe, and Shediac all bordering each other with no LSDs or Parishes in between, which actually wouldn't be too bad. One thing that NB has too much of is LSDs, quite frankly.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 12:51 PM

If Shediac annexes the Scoudouc industrial park (a project that I have been hearing about for a while now) I wonder if the rest of Scoudouc will remain and LSD or become part of Dieppe?

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 2:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

In the paper today that Kent is purchasing the Rona store in Shediac. This will be a smooth transition and there will be no job losses.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 3:34 PM

Quote:
In the paper today that Kent is purchasing the Rona store in Shediac. This will be a smooth transition and there will be no job losses.
This has been rumored forever. There was also rumored that the Irving that is next to Rona would be moved near the intersection with the Petro-Canada is and the Kent would take both properties and expand the building. As far as Kent vs. Rona, unless they increase the size of the store, there will probably be very little difference to what is available. It would be nice to not have to drive to Moncton everytime you wanted something, the Home Hardware is not a building supplies store so it doesn't have lumber and only has the basic things you might need, and because of its size the Rona is the same thing. If you need or want something that is a little bit different you have to drive to Moncton to get it or special order it which makes it more expensive.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Well that was fast. They have put up Kent signs already, basically just hung a cardboard sign over the Rona signs, but its already a Kent. I haven't been inside to check it out to see if they have a better selection than the Rona had yet, but I'll probably check it out on the weekend.

In other news I'm getting a new camera this week, it should be in today or tomorrow, so I'll go around and take some pictures of the construction in the area to test the camera out.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 11:06 PM

Here is a photo from the Kent Website:

Services Offered:
Bilingual service
Custom color matching
Home builders estimate
Key cutting
Contractors desk

Old Posted Feb 28, 2013, 3:38 PM
ハルウララ

I was in Shediac yesterday and managed to swing by the Hotel:

Photos by me, via Flickr.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2013, 5:07 PM

Took a walk today and took some pictures of the construction
Hotel Shediac

This is the new appartment building (the first building in Shediac with underground parking)

And the renovations to the Lobster shop at the entrance to town with a stereotypical lighthouse.

All pictures by me via dropbox

Old Posted Mar 17, 2013, 6:19 PM
I have no Title

New Restaurant

The former "Bistro 358 bar and Grill" location at 358 main street in Shediac will be opening a new restaurant and new owner. The new name of the restaurant will be "The Coast Restaurant and Bar" Hopefully opening by this weekend by friday March 22.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 12:07 PM

I've been hearing rumors that Kent is going to move into the building currently being used by Home Hardware and the Bargain Shop and the animal Hospital. The Bargain Shop is having a going out of business sale currently so something seems a foot. There was also a large meeting the other night at the current Kent location, attended by managers of the Kent locations around the region.
Also, the current NBPower location on Ohio Rd. has been sold, from what I hear the town public works is going to take up shop there, closing their garage located behind the Shediac Mall. This is probably a better location for them, its bigger and lots of room for expansion if the town continues to grow and they need to add equipment.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post
The former "Bistro 358 bar and Grill" location at 358 main street in Shediac will be opening a new restaurant and new owner. The new name of the restaurant will be "The Coast Restaurant and Bar" Hopefully opening by this weekend by friday March 22.
I ate at "The Coast" over the weekend and can't say enough good things about it. Reasonable price, great service, friendly staff, very good food.

Going back on Thursday, as it's $22 for 20 wings and a pitcher night.

The menu is smallish, but a lot better than usual Shediac fare. Not a lot of deep fried stuff. Steak was fantastic, my bro-in-law said. I had the fish and chips which were great. Fries are homecut and sprinkled with parmesan. Wings are unbreaded (which I like) and the hot version are actually good-hot (not "Shediac hot" as my sister calls them... which I think is just ketchup and a bit of tabasco).

Anyway, check it out if in town. Decor is the same as 358, but that was the only thing I liked about the place before.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 2:00 PM

that's a cute hotel

Old Posted May 10, 2013, 11:56 PM
I have no Title

Gojis

Looks like Gojis is opening in shediac also. wow they aren't waisting any time dominating the greater moncton market. lol

Old Posted May 11, 2013, 12:44 AM
Moderator / Supervillain

Is that three locations now? Yeesh. Good for them, but that's a pretty bold move!

Old Posted May 11, 2013, 1:24 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Is that three locations now? Yeesh. Good for them, but that's a pretty bold move!
It will be four. They are opening in Findlay Park in Riverview as well.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2013, 6:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There will be a public meeting tonight at 7PM in the Multipurpose Centre to hear details about the proposed Shediac Downtown Revitalization Plan.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces