HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 12:20 PM

Went to Miramichi and got stuck waiting to cross the bridge for 30 minutes... What a mess, wonder when this will be done? In any event, I saw the construction status of the new Harvey's & Swiss Chalet combo, I have a hard time seeing how this small building will be able to have those two brands, is it an Express style location, it looks like the size of a Tim Hortons...

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
Went to Miramichi and got stuck waiting to cross the bridge for 30 minutes... What a mess, wonder when this will be done?
The bridge will be closed entirely for the 2019 construction season.

From Wednesday's Miramichi Leader...

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
Went to Miramichi and got stuck waiting to cross the bridge for 30 minutes... What a mess, wonder when this will be done? In any event, I saw the construction status of the new Harvey's & Swiss Chalet combo, I have a hard time seeing how this small building will be able to have those two brands, is it an Express style location, it looks like the size of a Tim Hortons...
That is what I had understood about this location it's an Express+ Location. So there will be tables, and chairs but not as big as a full sized restaurant, and not as small as an actual Express location that would have 1, or 2 tables at the most if any at all. Also there is supposed to be a drive tru window as well so Im guessing there hopping majority of customer will want the speedy drive true more then the sit down location.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 8:32 PM

Zenabis is a go! The atholville plant has received green light for production. Good news for the Restigouche region!!

Old Posted Aug 20, 2017, 3:54 PM

The Bo nightclub is opening soon, 26th of August at 100 main st in Bathurst, with Bootlegger and the construction brewery and this nightclub, downtown Bathurst in going to be busy at nights!!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 2:40 PM

In Miramichi, looks like they are looking for a franchisee for thaizone in the new 2 unit building by the burger king, sign in the window saying franchise is available.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 11:30 PM

Lots of chatter on Facebook about Marshall's opening up a store in Bathurst, one of the units being prepared by the Superstore does look like the storefront of Marshall. Been doing some research but could not find anything online other than they are aggressively expanding.

Only time will tell!

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 5:32 PM

Lot being cleared next to the florist at the Bathurst Beresford limit, wonder what is afoot there. Its behind the water pumping station.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2017, 11:29 PM

I heard Madisco bought that land. I heard some people say they want to build more appartments. Also heard that across from honda they want to build a road that would go along the river with cottages.
Again, this is what I heard and not confirmed.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2017, 12:41 AM

I heard the cottage by the river thing too, but if they dont stop cutting, there wont be much cottage feel to it!

Madisco currently has a project on the go by lounsbury, 52 units, of single story no style appartments, so i think this should satisfy them for a year or two hopefully!

I'm really disappointed that they dont put a bit of style on the units, its just beige blah!

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 9:11 PM

I saw Madisco's owner's truck where they are cutting wood, so it could be appartments, yay!!! Another sea of beige (insert not impressed face here)

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 8:20 PM

Saw some dirt being moved around across from the truck stop in Dalhousie, word going around that it will be a Tim Hortons

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 10:50 PM

Some heavy equipment across the road from the hospital in Miramichi, looks like they are leveling the land for construction perhaps, no sign on the lot, anyone knows?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2017, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
Some heavy equipment across the road from the hospital in Miramichi, looks like they are leveling the land for construction perhaps, no sign on the lot, anyone knows?
One of the two new Shannex projects being built in the city.

https://www.shannex.com/the-miramich...-home-project/

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 1:56 PM

Thanks, so a large 159 bed facility across the hospital and a smaller one of 81 bed on king george highway. Does anyone know the location on king george highway?

There is piece of property in Newcastle where a nursing home sign is up and some work was done to the land but its been like that for years.

There is also a fairly large piece of land recently sold across from the Kent store.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 4:55 PM

Quote:
There is also a fairly large piece of land recently sold across from the Kent store.
This is probably it. I searched the Miramichi Leader past editions, and found that the north side facility will be on the waterfront in Douglastown, with enough space for outdoor recreation like bocce ball and miniature golf.

Bocce ball?? This is horseshoes and washer toss country.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumm3r View Post
I heard Madisco bought that land. I heard some people say they want to build more appartments. Also heard that across from honda they want to build a road that would go along the river with cottages.
Again, this is what I heard and not confirmed.
From what i gathered so far, the land is owned by madisco investments, the land is zoned highway commercial and he intends to sell pieces of properties as such. This means that more businesses could spur in that area. He would have to re-zone the property first to be able to build appartments so we would of heard about it before now.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2go View Post
This is probably it. I searched the Miramichi Leader past editions, and found that the north side facility will be on the waterfront in Douglastown, with enough space for outdoor recreation like bocce ball and miniature golf.

Bocce ball?? This is horseshoes and washer toss country.
Thanks!! Would of hopped for something else since its lose to other retail but at the same time it will be nicer to look at from the river than the back of a retail strip or big box store.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 9:06 PM

Quote:
From what i gathered so far, the land is owned by madisco investments, the land is zoned highway commercial and he intends to sell pieces of properties as such. This means that more businesses could spur in that area. He would have to re-zone the property first to be able to build appartments so we would of heard about it before now.
Makes sense, I'm glad to hear that. I couldn't see apartments on that stretch as it is pretty much only businesses from the city limit to the lights. Lots of potential here.

As for Dalhousie, I also heard Tim Hortons and Wendy's

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 1:19 PM

Wonder if he has any buyers for making a move on this, seems like he had the land idle for a while then suddenly, clears everything.

Also, the lot across from maurice’s in Beresford where the old tank farm was is being leveled, a request for change of zoning has been made but not mention on the request as per what the purpose of the land will be.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces