HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

OneEleven in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemachs View Post
Nice work! I love how the setbacks relate to that art deco building in the background (sorry, don't know the name of that one).
wow awsome job...this should def be sent to Related! ..I would be more than happy with this design

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 8:11 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
the most impressive aspect of the doctored image is how you recreated the sunlit eastern facade of lasalle-wacker that wasn't in the original image. you've got skills.

as for the redesign of the tower itself, i'll stick with the original.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 9:16 PM

I would prefer a straight box as opposed to the cutouts. A really pure example of a glass box would really standout as that style is missing on that side of Wacker. I just don't feel that this is a good enough box. I also feel that the glass coupled with the height will make it look too much like a cousin of 77 Wacker. Currently, the difference in color and style from 35 to 55 to 77 wacker to concrete hulk to 221 N. LaSalle really makes all of those buildings stand out. This completed building will just blend in with 77 Wacker, albeit without as much detailing. If you picture this current proposal in this picture from kingofthehill, I think you can see what I mean.
from photo thread

The two buildings will look nearly the same height and form a large reflective sheet along Wacker. Now that could be really cool if the cutouts weren't there and if this was a really cool modernist box that would mirror the other side of the river but I don't think that is the intention.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 9:37 PM
dream fast

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Steely, that's an interesting observation. I'd like to take credit for creating that sunlight facade but I merely patched that sliver in from another image of the LaSalle-Wacker Building.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 9:39 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ interesting that you found a shot from an identical angle. the patch job looks VERY convincing. nice work.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 9:44 PM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
the most impressive aspect of the doctored image is how you recreated the sunlit eastern facade of lasalle-wacker that wasn't in the original image. you've got skills.

Agree on both counts.

Just well done manipulating the image. I don't like setbacks for this tower though.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standpoor View Post
If you picture this current proposal in this picture from kingofthehill, I think you can see what I mean.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 10:54 PM

Wow, mark, well done. I admit that a taller building would have provided for some nice height variation, but it still looks pretty awesome. No doubt this is the best urban river canyon in the world. In five years, after River Point and the BKL tower at Wolf Point are completed, it's gonna be even sicker.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 11:00 PM

^^^ I didn't even notice the rendered in building at first glance. That's probably how it will be when it's built; barely noticed.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2012, 1:59 AM

Quote:
No doubt this is the best urban river canyon in the world.
Not to mention all of the architectural styles showcased in that photo alone. You've got Beaux Arts, Art Deco (partially), modernism, brutalism, postmodernism, and now a couple of examples of whatever they're going to call todays style.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2012, 2:06 AM

Here is my design idea. it is around 200m or so

Old Posted Jun 10, 2012, 6:09 AM

Old Posted Jun 10, 2012, 6:16 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan

I like the original more, too. It just looks better, more sleek. I've never been a fan of the stacked tower/wedding cake shape. It just seems to be not very creative, like children's blocks. It's the one reason I never liked the design for the Larkin Tower in New York. Amazing height for that era, but it just wasn't up to snuff design wise.

Nice tower, though. I really like the indented facade.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2012, 7:28 AM

I'm thinking this building isn't so bad, but can we get something other than light blue glass? Even super saturated blue would be good...or green glass which is cheapest available.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2012, 5:17 PM

Check out this edit from SSC user, iloveclassicrock7

Also, I would love for them to replace 55 Wacker, it is probably the best place in the city left, for a supertall.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2012, 5:07 PM

Mod note - off topic discussions removed. . . please stop disrupting these threads. . . thanks in advance. . .

. . .

Old Posted Jun 11, 2012, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markh9 View Post
I take it back and good job. That actually looks pretty good. I still wish for a little more variety but I like it.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2012, 7:33 PM

Wow, depends on how they do it, but that gold detail on the base could look amazing.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2012, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
I'm thinking this building isn't so bad, but can we get something other than light blue glass? Even super saturated blue would be good...or green glass which is cheapest available.
Couldn't agree more.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 7:36 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch.G, Ch.G View Post
I admit that a taller building would have provided for some nice height variation, but it still looks pretty awesome. No doubt this is the best urban river canyon in the world. In five years, after River Point and the BKL tower at Wolf Point are completed, it's gonna be even sicker.
+1

Very nice.

Quote:
I would love for them to replace 55 Wacker, it is probably the best place in the city left, for a supertall.
I hope this is a joke. If not, dude, 55 is a SICK building. Would be a crime to replace it with anything. Now... the building behind it on Lake... Target that.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive