HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 3:18 AM

EleveNorth has released renderings and updated their webpage, finally. This is on 11th Avenue North in the far northern section of the Gulch, north of Church Street and directly behind NES.

EleveNorth webpage:
http://www.elevennorth.com/

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 3:28 AM
Future God

The rendering looks nice, but it doesn't look like there will be much, if any, retail on the ground floor. If so, that is a massive portion of street wall that has no retail, which would be very unfortunate, IMO.

Also, I didn't initially realize that this was so far away from the core of the Gulch (Velocity etc.). It looks to be at least seven or eight blocks away from there. I realize it is still in the railroad gulch itself, but is that area even considered to be a part of The Gulch neighborhood?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
The rendering looks nice, but it doesn't look like there will be much, if any, retail on the ground floor. If so, that is a massive portion of street wall that has no retail, which would be very unfortunate, IMO.

Also, I didn't initially realize that this was so far away from the core of the Gulch (Velocity etc.). It looks to be at least seven or eight blocks away from there. I realize it is still in the railroad gulch itself, but is that area even considered to be a part of The Gulch neighborhood?

It's considered a sub-neighborhood within the Gulch, called the Gulch North or North Gulch, something like that. This section has just started to get developed because it was an old polar storage facility and several vacant, overgrown lots and surface parking.

In other news, rumors are that the hotel Tony G. has proposed at 4th Ave S. & Molloy St is going to be a Westin, which wouldn't doubt me a bit. The Westin brand has been wanting to get into the market for a few years now and this could be their best chance yet.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 3:43 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

I can handle this. The rendering looks pretty nice, but like BnaBreaker said, if there is not some retail at ground level then this will struggle a little as far as transforming that area of the Gulch. If it were sandwiched between other developments in the lower Gulch then it wouldn't be as big of a problem seeing that most of that area is doing pretty well.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 3:48 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
It's considered a sub-neighborhood within the Gulch, called the Gulch North or North Gulch, something like that. This section has just started to get developed because it was an old polar storage facility and several vacant, overgrown lots and surface parking.

In other news, rumors are that the hotel Tony G. has proposed at 4th Ave S. & Molloy St is going to be a Westin, which wouldn't doubt me a bit. The Westin brand has been wanting to get into the market for a few years now and this could be their best chance yet.
Which do you think will make progress and announce more detailed plans for construction first, the Hyatt or Tony G's?

Its gonna be interesting seeing which of Tony G's new developments gets under way first, and how they each affect other hotels and commercial proposals.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 3:53 AM

The only theing currently on the site of the proposed 30+ floor apartment tower is a martini bar surrounding by surface parking. Me thinks there should be no problem purchasing this plot, if it isn't already underway.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 4:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
Which do you think will make progress and announce more detailed plans for construction first, the Hyatt or Tony G's?

Its gonna be interesting seeing which of Tony G's new developments gets under way first, and how they each affect other hotels and commercial proposals.
I'd be willing to bet on the Hyatt Place, ironically across the street, to go up first with this rumored Westin not far behind. The apartment tower I can see breaking ground as early as late summer or fall next year.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 4:33 PM

Apparently Tony G.'s apartment tower is already listed on Bid Clerk so I'm suspecting it is most likely a "go".

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 4:51 PM

WSMV's video report which opened the 6pm newscast last night.

http://www.wsmv.com/video?autoStart=...clipId=6417161

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 5:09 PM

Tony G has a track record of developing residential so I would say the apartment building definitely has the highest chance of happening. I just dont see him being able to get tenants for a 700,000 sqft office building, and their is other competition to get a hotel built.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 5:32 PM

the media doing what the media does best, creating intrigue by fostering doubt. In truth, most high-profile developers have experienced a mixture of success and failure. Signature Tower may have been a victim of poor timing. But with Nashville being the flavor-of-the-week, I can see the office tower happening.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
the media doing what the media does best, creating intrigue by fostering doubt. In truth, most high-profile developers have experienced a mixture of success and failure. Signature Tower may have been a victim of poor timing. But with Nashville being the flavor-of-the-week, I can see the office tower happening.
Imean there are legit concerns with 505CST, West End Summit, the massive 1.5mil for the Gulch, Eakin Partners tower at 12th&Demonbreun, and a few others adding nearly 4mil sq. ft. of space if all were built. I can see 505CST, Eakin, and maybe one or two of the Gulch buildings built in the near-term. WES is still a toss up as always. However, with 505CST's incredibly unique architecture you'd usually find in cities like New York, Miami, Paris, or London, it will garner more attention faster by far because it'll be such a high profile development, and you know companies only want the best and most notable buildings right now.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Imean there are legit concerns with 505CST, West End Summit, the massive 1.5mil for the Gulch, Eakin Partners tower at 12th&Demonbreun, and a few others adding nearly 4mil sq. ft. of space if all were built. I can see 505CST, Eakin, and maybe one or two of the Gulch buildings built in the near-term. WES is still a toss up as always. However, with 505CST's incredibly unique architecture you'd usually find in cities like New York, Miami, Paris, or London, it will garner more attention faster by far because it'll be such a high profile development, and you know companies only want the best and most notable buildings right now.
Although the media-line was that this may never get off the ground because ... not all of Tony G's projects have gotten off the ground.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 7:19 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Although the media-line was that this may never get off the ground because ... not all of Tony G's projects have gotten off the ground.
Ain't that the truth. They ignore all other factors including the fact that there wasn't the MCC spurring all of this development back when Signature was proposed, and the facts that Tony G. has to compete with multiple other hotel/ commercial/ and residential proposals...the real reason it won't happen is because he struck out earlier in the game.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2011, 11:25 PM

Growing Antioch rests hopes on repurposed mall
The Tennessean

Quote:
The new library is estimated to be 25,000 square feet, more than twice the size of the existing Southeast Branch Library... The 30,000-square-foot regional community center probably would include a new gym, fitness center and multipurpose room. The 2.6 acres of green space will be in what is currently the parking area. Nashville State Community College also is in the process of purchasing the Dillard’s building at Hickory Hollow for a satellite campus. Metro contributed $1 million toward assisting the school’s expansion into Antioch.
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

Quote:
A rendering of the community center and library at Hickory Hollow Mall. The Metro Council will vote Nov. 15 on the project. / Submitted

Quote:
A rendering by Gobbell Hays Partners shows a planned community center and library at Hickory Hollow Mall.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 1:05 AM

This is a good reuse and hopefully a better future for a dead mall, besides Macy's and Sears. Hickory Hollow Mall's best days were in the mid-80s thru the mid-90s, ironically the same period Murfreesboro, Smyrna, La Vergne, and Mt. Juliet started to slowly awaken as suburbs of Nashville. Since then, the above mentioned cities has seen explosive growth, with Murfreesboro launching from 42,000 in 1990 to 108,000 in 2010 and the other 3 seeing high double and even triple-digit % growth. These were the main areas that the Hickory Hollow Mall and surrounding businesses in Antioch drew from and Murfreesboro became a true satellite city within the metro area.

Antioch will likely never be what it used to be, but this area of Nashville is overall poorly served and/or has inadequate park space and learning opportunities.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 4:31 PM

Quote:
This is a good reuse and hopefully a better future for a dead mall, besides Macy's and Sears. Hickory Hollow Mall's best days were in the mid-80s thru the mid-90s... Antioch will likely never be what it used to be, but this area of Nashville is overall poorly served and/or has inadequate park space and learning opportunities.
Memphis can relate. We saw the Hickory Ridge Mall close after being nearly destroyed by a tornado, but it was on the downstroke anyway. It was renovated and contains retail, community & city services. The reuse is already showing positive signs of stabilization in Hickory Hill. Also, it's rumored the same treatment will soon take place at Raleigh Springs Mall which is on its' last legs after being blown-out by Wolfchase Galleria.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 6:09 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ryall View Post
Memphis can relate. We saw the Hickory Ridge Mall close after being nearly destroyed by a tornado, but it was on the downstroke anyway. It was renovated and contains retail, community & city services. The reuse is already showing positive signs of stabilization in Hickory Hill. Also, it's rumored the same treatment will soon take place at Raleigh Springs Mall which is on its' last legs after being blown-out by Wolfchase Galleria.
The redevelopment of Raleigh Springs Mall should help the entire area. I guess before Wolfchase even opened that mall was on a serious downward spiral.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
The redevelopment of Raleigh Springs Mall should help the entire area. I guess before Wolfchase even opened that mall was on a serious downward spiral.
It certainly would help with efforts in the area which include the recent demolition of the old Seesel's grocery & the city's announced plans to redevelop the old Chevy dealership lot right past the Raleigh-Millington fly-over.

Raleigh Springs is ancient in the world of shopping malls and I'm suprised it lasted as long as it did. Around the time the Wolfchase Galleria opened it still displayed modest vitality for a short while, but that's nowhere to be found now.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 1:54 AM

LP Field improvements get the green light

Metro Nashville council approved plans for improvements/upgrades to LP Field today. This will be the first major upgrades since the stadium opened in 1999.

"A $26.8 million plan to upgrade LP Field took another step toward reality Monday as the Metropolitan Sports Authority put its stamp of approval on the deal.
The renovations — first proposed in October — will be funded through bonds backed by the $2 seat-user fee."

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/1...ld_improvments

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations