HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 6, 2012, 11:12 PM

I've heard nothing so far on who could set up shop there. All I know is that the land is huge and you just never know.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2012, 1:36 PM

http://www.kamcoinc.com/index.php

Here you can see a small picture of the inside of the new indoor stadium in Edmundston. Project is scheduled to be finished in early 2013. The exterior is mostly done, maybe a little aesthetics to finish things and the interior looks very bright with the windows. Can't wait to see the thing when it's finished. I also found the link to the contract between the city of Edmundston and Roy Consultant enumerating every single thing in the building. You can see what kind of floors they will be using and also present an alternative. Very interesting.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...tICZoz6b5LyT1Q

Old Posted Oct 16, 2012, 1:22 AM

wow, ya full details, gonna be nice when done!

Just saw in the meeting minutes of the 21st of august a transfer of land to Action plus Inc(could not find anything online) on Boyd st in the industrial parc, anyting going on over there? Seems like a long time since something was built there.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2012, 8:30 PM

Nothing that I've heard of. The city needs a new big employer, soon.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 8:27 PM

Apparently not only the Grey Rock Power Centre is getting a St-Hubert, but apparently it's won't be an Express but a regular like the one in Moncton, Rivière-du-Loup and Rimouski. There was one a while back in Edmundston (where the Videotron is currently), but closed down after one year of operation.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2012, 1:43 PM

Yes I remember!! poor poor management, used to go with my parents quite often back in the days and I don't think we ever got served by the same waitress twice, food was just ok, the inside booths looked like office cubicules, was it was not the most appealing restaurant back then lookwise.

With the new concepts more strict on the way the restaurant looks, it should be wayyyyy better that it was back in the day.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2012, 7:41 PM

Yeah, I remember the cubicles also. Very bad management indeed. It felt more like an office than a restaurant.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2012, 6:26 PM
ハルウララ

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...pen-arbec.html

A mill in Miramichi officially reopened on Friday after being closed for almost six years.

The mill is expected to reach full operation by the spring of 2013, officials have said.

Jeff MacTavish, director of economic development for the City of Miramichi, told CBC News 110 mill workers are already back on the job, along with another estimated 200 people in the northern community.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2012, 8:29 PM
New Brunswick booster!

That is the best news ive heard in a very long while for northern New Brunswick! yay!!!!!!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2012, 10:42 PM

New french call centre could open in Edmundston, 100 jobs could be created.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2012, 11:47 PM

And 3 Bathurst calls center looking to hire a bunch IMP(8) Minacs(15) and TNA(25), almost erasing the void left by the VAS closure.

It`s not always bad news in the North!!!

The Miramichi region with 310 direct and indirect with the mill, and 550 direct with the payroll center and an unknown amount of indirect jobs, we are looking at close if not over 900 jobs in the next few years.

And good news for the capitale de la republique! If the recruitment goes well, I think it would be a go for sure, just wonder where they will establish themselves. If you count these and the 100 more or less in the Grey rock, you are looking at close to 200 jobs in the immediate future, and more possible.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2012, 3:33 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Good stuff!

I'm all for growth in the south, but not at the expense of the north. The northern part of NB has to redouble it's efforts at job growth in order to keep your young people at home.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2012, 12:34 PM

I forgot to say that the first building on Grey Rock is not open. The Shell gas station is now operational.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2012, 4:01 PM

Nice news in the North

Good for the call center and the mill in Miramichi.

Government has put some $$$ for an relocalised exit on the highway 11 for the Rivière a la Truite street in Tracadie-Sheila, they will put circulation lights.

All this for the new Tracadie-Sheila comercial developpement in this sector.

the mayor Losier, told he has signed an document in the last days that he cannot tell name of a big chain that will come to that new development land.

There's 3 big names rumourous and Losier said it will be between Target, Walmart and Costco.

I thing it's gonna be Target!

Sorry for my english im not the best.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2012, 4:33 PM
ハルウララ

Welcome to the forum John! You're more than welcome to post in French in this thread if you'd like...at least a few of us can read it

Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQCandNB View Post
Nice news in the North

Good for the call center and the mill in Miramichi.

Government has put some $$$ for an relocalised exit on the highway 11 for the Rivière a la Truite street in Tracadie-Sheila, they will put circulation lights.

All this for the new Tracadie-Sheila comercial developpement in this sector.

the mayor Losier, told he has signed an document in the last days that he cannot tell name of a big chain that will come to that new development land.

There's 3 big names rumourous and Losier said it will be between Target, Walmart and Costco.

Sorry for my english im not the best.
Je serais très surprit de voir Costco s'installer à Tracadie. Oui, c'est le centre commercial de la Péninsule Acadienne, mais encore trop petit comme population pour avoir un commerce de la sorte. J'ose plus pencher pour WalMart.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQCandNB View Post

The only one of those three even remotely possible is Walmart.

Au Canada, Target s'installera dans les anciens Zellers. Celui de Bathurst ne sera pas converti, donc évidemment pas de nouvel emplacement à Tracadie. Si Target serait intéressé à s'installer au nord du NB, le choix logique serait Bathurst.

En ce qui concerne Costco, pas de chance non plus. Costco requiert un centre de population beaucoup plus grand que Tracadie. Même Saint-Jean et Fredericton on seulement récemment eu les leurs.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 2:37 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Oui je d'accord.

Wal-mart c'est le seulement possibilite.

Welcome to the forums John, rest assured, my French is a lot worse than your English.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 2:52 AM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Au Canada, Target s'installera dans les anciens Zellers. Celui de Bathurst ne sera pas converti, donc évidemment pas de nouvel emplacement à Tracadie. Si Target serait intéressé à s'installer au nord du NB, le choix logique serait Bathurst.
Pourquoi Bathurst au lieu de Miramichi ou à Edmundston? Juste parce que il y a beaucoups des personnes dans la Péninsule-Acadienne? Y at-il des plans pour un Target à Edmundston?

Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 3:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHickman View Post
Pourquoi Bathurst au lieu de Miramichi ou à Edmundston? Juste parce que il y a beaucoups des personnes dans la Péninsule-Acadienne? Y at-il des plans pour un Target à Edmundston?
Effectivement, Miramichi serait aussi une autre possibilité pour le nord-est. Mon point était que, si Target était intéressé, ils opteraient pour s'installer dans un ancien Zellers et non pas pour la construction d'une nouvelle structure à Tracadie.

Je doute qu'on verra un Target à Edmunston. Si je me souviens bien, pour le NB, Target planifie un magasin à Moncton et Frederiction et possiblement 2 à SJ.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces