HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 7, 2018, 5:18 AM
Be Happy!

Bailey South:
New renderings and "before" photographs of this project, starting construction this month, in downtown's IQ District. This is part of the multi-building Bailey Power Plant project. The historic 23-1 power plant building from 1926 will become a two-storey retail structure and the developer will construct a new six-storey office building on the back side of the historic building. If you're interested in leasing retail or office space in this project, call: (336) 724-1715. I'm not sure how much space is still available, so call today, if you're interested.

Renderings

Skylight & Entry Staircase:

Credit: WFIQ

Elevators for office floors:

"Before" Photographs of Bailey Power Plant Building 23-1

Skylight:

Skylight:

The last two historic buildings at the Bailey Power Plant Complex waiting for adaptive-reuse as retail (You can also see the "Low Line" project):

This should be an awesome project to follow on this thread! Completion is set for December 1, 2019, with tenants moving-in in January 2020.

Your City

Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 5:46 AM
Be Happy!

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen.

Yes, this is the city seen on "12 cities poised for a real estate investment boom." It's a fun time to post on Winston-Salem development!

Video Link

Hotel Indigo:
According to the developer, Hotel Indigo will open around January 21, 2019.

The construction elevator is no longer needed and workers are filling-in the last windows on the upper floors:

Credit: vincerabil

Courtyard by Marriott - Downtown:

Crane for the new Courtyard Hotel:

Credit: publicmedianc

Downtown Hampton Inn & Suites:

See the progress on the brick work from the parking deck behind the building:

Credit: miguelcruz6442

Merschel Park:
Workers are digging 17 feet / 5.2 metres down for the underground parking structure, which will use car lifts to stack automobiles above each other.

Excavation for underground parking:

Bonds Passed:
Thank you for passing the bonds! A funding source is now in place for several cycling and park projects, along with the major downtown streetscape transformation! It should be fun to follow these projects! Most of the cycling projects are centered on bicycle commuting into downtown from the surrounding neighborhoods.

500 West Fifth:

Credit: tannerlutheran

Winston Junction:

The beadboard in the live music venue was salvaged from a 200 year-old church in the Tennessee mountains:

Credit: earlsws

This popular sign will be relocated to Winston Junction:

Credit: lmi.builders

Credit: earlsws

Crawford Condominiums:
A sign was installed on the construction fence for this condominium and retail project. It appears to have changed names, but I'm not really sure at this point? It could be an ad for luxury living with a view of the park and not an actual name change? I think Mayfair on 4th is the name for the entire two hotel, condo building, retail, office, and park development? I will continue to use the name on the developer's website until I know for sure the project has changed names. The details are still the same: 32 luxury condominiums and a restaurant space. Though the sign says 2019, the project is said to be under construction right now and will open in January 2020. I'm guessing the weather is pushing back these projects?

Credit: Will May

First Baptist Church Restoration:

Credit: piedmonttriadliving

Link Apartments Innovation Quarter:

Credit: thegregbrady89

Credit: carrera_noal

Two-in-One - Link Apartments and The Low Line projects:

Credit: cssdywht

Your City

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations