HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 12:00 AM
Hammer'd

Unfortunately the weather did end up being absolutely horrible. I was personally also nearly half an hour late due to some unforeseen circumstances, and when I got there I was told I had missed out on the "SSP guys". My apologies to those who couldn't wait around any longer, I don't blame you. That rain was horrid and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to stand around in it. Anyway we were still able to draw a good group from the UE side of things and we ended up touring around for a bit downtown (then heading East for Steelcare and the Steam museum).

I hope those that I didn't meet up with had a good time and returned for today's portion of Doors Open as well. Hopefully next year will yield better weather.

Pictures in a bit, still got to do a ton of editing.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 3:44 AM

I missed out. I was downtown around 7-8am on Saturday getting a few last shots for my latest photothread, but I had too many other things to do later in the day so I couldn't stick around. I did manage to go to Auchmar, Dundurn and Imperial Cotton today.

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 10:48 AM

Old Posted May 6, 2008, 6:13 PM
Closed account

Sorry Matt, we waited till about 11:15, but it didn't look like anyone else would be coming. The turnout was a little underwhelming. Just me, Miketoronto, Border City Boy, and Holymoly. I can't speak for anyone else, but I enjoyed meeting everyone, and I had a good time, although I couldn't stick around and lost everyone else at the armoury. MT and BCB were very sweet and stood around in the rain while Holymoly and I shopped at Thai Memory. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say good bye. I looked around for you guys after I was done gabbing, but I guess you'd already left. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day!

Old Posted May 7, 2008, 12:38 AM

Highwater, we disappeared into the bowels into the Armoury... checking out the museum (in the basement) for quite a long time. That's probably where we were when you were looking for us. Sorry about that! After the Armoury, we went to HIStory & HERitage, then I packed it in and the guys went on without me. It was great meeting you all.

Old Posted May 7, 2008, 2:37 AM

Nice meeting everyone. Sorry we missed you Highwater in the Armoury. Was great chatting with all of you.

Now, you know what this means. Matt and Steeltown have to come to Doors Open Toronto . And hey lets see Highwater and Holymoly come on down to

Old Posted May 7, 2008, 8:03 AM
Hammer'd

I will certainly be at Doors Open Toronto. I would like to make up for my tardiness in Hamilton by meeting up with you guys.

itsbryan should hopefully be with me as well.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted May 7, 2008, 12:36 PM

Yeah, I shanked this as well. Seems I can't get up before noon on weekends. I would be very interested in meeting the urban explorers if there was another opportunity.

Any particular highlights anyone would like to share? Mine was going up to the top of the bell tower at St. Pauls.

Old Posted May 11, 2008, 4:32 PM

Sorry, I'm a little late chiming in. It rained a bit but it wasn't too bad. You've got a beautiful city Hamiltonians, but it was a bit dissapointing to only have a group of four, three of which were from out of town (2 from Toronto and 1 from Windsor).

It was still fun, and Mike Toronto and myself ended up hanging in a checking out a few sites outside of downtown.

I'll post some photos soon-ish...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion