HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal

Old Posted Jul 14, 2012, 12:47 AM
The good old days are now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLskyline View Post
Royal Bank says it's closing its historic branch at 360 St. Jacques in Montreal at noon, July 13. Some history: http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...ques-building/
Well, today is July 13. I forgot all about this! I'm going to head over there now and see if it is actually closed.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2012, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Well, today is July 13. I forgot all about this! I'm going to head over there now and see if it is actually closed.
Yes, the branch is now closed they are removing everything. It's a real shame. At least the guards let me look around though.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2012, 3:43 PM
Look at me!

I think its perfectly fine! We live in a capitalist system people, the most important thing is that some giant faceless corporation headquartered in another city saved a few bucks. People, rejoice, they will pass these savings on to the customers, I can guarantee it! So open an account at any (non-Old montreal) branch TODAY!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 2:36 AM

According to this article in the Gazette, RBC will be vacating 100,000 sq. ft. of office space in Place Ville-Marie. A double whammy for Montreal from RBC.

On the plus side, Via Rail is looking for 75,000 sq. ft. more space. At least that will almost cancel out the departure of RBC.

Also, there are rumours of Desjardins signing on as an anchor tenant to a tower near the site of the Spectrum Theatre. I think Sidev had plans for an office tower there. Hmm...

Quote:
Deloitte will anchor Cadillac Fairview's downtown Montreal tower

By Allison Lampert, The Gazette July 13, 2012

MONTREAL - Cadillac Fairview Corp. Ltd.'s decision this week to build downtown Montreal’s first privately financed office tower since the early 1990s will pressure landlords to renovate the city’s top buildings, or risk losing key tenants, industry observers said.

Deloitte LLP said Friday it will lease at least 160,000 square feet as anchor tenant in Cadillac Fairview’s 26-storey, 514,000-square-foot office tower, to be built between Windsor Station and the Bell Centre. The conversion of the nearly half-hectare site is part of a multi-phase, $1-billion project announced by Cadillac Fairview to create a mixed residential, office and entertainment hub around the Bell Centre, and on land assembled by the company south of St. Antoine St.

After three decades at Montreal’s iconic Place Ville Marie, Deloitte wanted a modern setting for its 1,200 employees with more of the open space required for teamwork, said Alain Côté, managing partner, Quebec region, for the global professional services firm. Deloitte had already signed on in June as anchor tenant for the 44-storey Bay Adelaide Centre East in Toronto, to be built by Brookfield Properties, where it is to lease 420,000 square feet.

But finding a suitable space was a challenge for Deloitte in Montreal, which has a six per cent downtown office vacancy rate and where most of the top buildings were constructed before concepts like open spaces and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design certification had evolved into routine demands by tenants.

“There is starting to be a mindset among first-class tenants like Deloitte that if they want to occupy the best of available spaces moving forward in the future, these can only be offered in new buildings,” said Sal Iacono, senior vice-president, development and portfolio management, Eastern Canada for Cadillac Fairview.

Despite years of announcements by developers eager to build new towers, limited growth, a lack of large firms in Montreal, and comparatively inexpensive rents at Montreal’s top buildings gave tenants little incentive to lease spaces in new construction.

“The important issue here is that our Class AAA buildings are still 20 years old,” said Lloyd Cooper, a broker at the real estate services firm Cushman & Wakefield, which represented Deloitte. “So unlike Toronto and Calgary there were no options for tenants wanting to go to new pure LEED office buildings.”

When completed in June 2015, the Deloitte Tower would be Montreal’s first downtown tower built LEED platinum, the highest certification possible, Cadillac Fairview said. And the Altoria, a mixed-use building now under construction in Square Victoria, will have about 250,000 square feet of LEED office space, combined with condos.

The building of Altoria, the Deloitte Tower and rumours of financial firm Caisses Desjardins signing on as anchor tenant for a new tower to be developed near the former Spectrum Theatre, would generate competition for landlords at the city’s top downtown buildings.

“This will force landlords to retrofit their buildings,” Cooper said, who wouldn’t comment on rumours about Desjardins.

Deloitte will be giving up about 180,000 square feet of space at Place Ville Marie in 2015. Meanwhile, Place Ville Marie tenants Royal Bank will be letting go of just over 100,000 square feet of space in spring 2013, and Via Rail Canada has been shopping around for 75,000 square feet of space.

“The long-term value of Place Ville Marie is there,” said Brett Miller, president of Jones Lang LaSalle Canada.

“However, in the short term, they will have to adjust to the vacancy through either big investments to modernize to attract tenants or suffer low rental rates.”

Ivanhoe Cambridge Group, the real estate arm of Quebec pension fund manager Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and owner of Place Ville Marie, said it would be fully renovating the spaces vacated by the Royal Bank and Deloitte.

“We cannot do these things when the tenants are occupying the building,” said Jean Laramée, senior vice-president, Eastern North American Portfolio, for Ivanhoe Cambridge.

“For us, we still have a very good asset being Place Ville Marie. As you know, the building has aged pretty well.”

Paul Delean contributed to this report.

alampert@montrealgazette.com

Twitter: @RealDealMtl

© Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/enter...#ixzz20eek2SHV

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 2:54 AM

If I recall, this was the building proposed for the Spectrum site.

(from Sidev's website before they re-made it)

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 3:45 AM
Look at me!

Well intel RBC has finally completely abandoned the city and consolidating in that city down there...whatever it's called.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 5:39 AM

Here's a more recent render. I don't know about its status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosey12387 View Post

Jusqu'à 1 200 000 pi.ca.
Plan type du plancher: ± 33 000 pi.ca. et 27 500 pi.ca.
Développement en deux phases
It looks about 140m tall.

edit: it obviously taller than that at 35 floors. Probably 150-160m.

Last edited by Robertpuant; Jul 15, 2012 at 8:22 AM.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 5:50 AM
Look at me!

Wow I was out of the loop one this one, this is one great tower.

If this city really had balls, they'd build a giant tower but make it lively and interact with place des festivals, like act as a giant projection space or screen.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 5:52 AM

They keep the trees on top.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 5:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
Wow I was out of the loop one this one, this is one great tower.

If this city really had balls, they'd build a giant tower but make it lively and interact with place des festivals, like act as a giant projection space or screen.
I agree this is one of the best spot in town for an iconic tower. As for the giant screen, the old building being renovated next to la maison du jazz should have one bad ass screen!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 5:49 PM

Thanks for the render.

Keeping the small buildings is kind of ridiculous though. They should be demolished as well. I believe, the greystone used on some of them (and a lot of buildings in Montreal) was almost completely mined out. We could recoup the greystones and use them to renovate existing greystone buildings.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 9:26 PM
Utilisateur enregistré

Je vous recommande la visite guidée du Silo numéro 5 disponible sur ce site. Vous entendrez entre autres Dinu Bumbaru parler de sa construction.

http://fdaudens.com/

_____

Une conférence de presse aura lieu demain matin à 9h00 au sujet de la tour de l'Avenue des Canadiens.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1006...-the-construct

Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 10:59 PM
Look at me!

Pourquoi? Quand tu peux l'explorer en personne!

Old Posted Jul 16, 2012, 4:59 AM

With the announcement of the Deloitte Tower, I thought it would be interesting to look at where the other large accounting firms are based. I could see maybe Ernst & Young moving to a new tower at some point. The rest will likely stay put. The big 4 are Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst & Young and PwC. The others have less money to spend on class A office space.

1. Deloitte (largest)
1 Place Ville Marie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Place_Ville_Marie

2. PriceWaterhouseCoopers
1250 Boulevard René-Levesque Ouest

1250 rene levesque building1 by Lou Musacchio, on Flickr

3. KPMG
600 Boulevard de Maisonneuve Ouest (Tour KPMG)

(my photo)

4. Ernst & Young
800 Boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest (Tour Terminal)

http://www.polarisrealty.com/fr/prop...state_property

5. Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton
600 Rue de la Gauchetière Street Ouest

(my photo)

6. BDO
1000 Rue de la Gauchetière Ouest

http://en.structurae.de/structures/d...fm?id=s0010355

7. MNP
1155 Boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest (Tour CIBC)

Tour CIBC by jrgcastro, on Flickr

8. SNG Collins-Barrow
625 Boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest

http://www.altusinsite.com/index.php...=40&pagenum=47

9. RSM Richter-Chamberland
1981 McGill College Avenue

http://www.imtl.org/montreal/building/BNP-Paribas.php

Last edited by MTLskyline; Jul 16, 2012 at 5:19 AM.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
With the announcement of the Deloitte Tower, I thought it would be interesting to look at where the other large accounting firms are based. I could see maybe Ernst & Young moving to a new tower at some point. The rest will likely stay put. The big 4 are Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst & Young and PwC. The others have less money to spend on class A office space.

5. Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton
600 Rue de la Gauchetière Street Ouest

(my photo)
I work in this one

Old Posted Jul 16, 2012, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaillant View Post
I work in this one
Do you work at Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton? How do you find it? I've heard lots of horror stories about work in accounting firms, so I've aimed more toward getting a CMA and working in a finance department. (I'm in my last year of my B.Comm in Accounting at Concordia). The new office tower for Deloitte kind of makes me want to work there though.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2012, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Do you work at Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton? How do you find it? I've heard lots of horror stories about work in accounting firms, so I've aimed more toward getting a CMA and working in a finance department. (I'm in my last year of my B.Comm in Accounting at Concordia). The new office tower for Deloitte kind of makes me want to work there though.
In my CA internship everything is great don't listen to horror stories!!

Old Posted Jul 17, 2012, 4:00 PM

La tour des Candadiens.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles...tre-bell.shtml

Un autre beau projet pour Montréal, impressionnant!

Old Posted Jul 18, 2012, 7:19 PM

Can someone give me a quick rundown of of the top 12 projects under construction?

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 5:19 PM
Gatinois et fier

ça fait du bien de voir ce qui se passe à Montréal.une tour de 48 étages avec le logo du CH au sommet.j'en reviens pas.

GATINEAU-OTTAWA=1 485 000
gatinopolis.miniville.fr
gatinopolis.miniville.fr/ind

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal