HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Sky City in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Changsha Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 9:07 PM
speagles84

PITTSBURGH | FORE Condominium | 224 FT | 18 FLOORS | CANCELLED

Quote:

FORE Systems Founding Principal and tech entrepreneur Francois Bitz is pursuing a plan to build an 18-story condo development in the Strip District, an early stage project expected to total 70 to 80 units in a building that could reach more than 200 feet in height.

Bitz owns a 28,000-square-foot open plot on Penn Avenue between 26th and 27th streets that neighbors Savoy Restaurant, a stretch of the neighborhood now largely smaller commercial buildings
Will be the tallest structure in Pittsburgh's strip district, as well as the largest condominium project in the city!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 9:30 PM

This is great! Pittsburgh needs more condo/apartment towers.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 10:58 AM

I bet when we see renders for this, it will be similar in design to the gardens (tower 260) downtown. I would assume they will be playing up the view of downtown from this location, and would want to have some green/open space half way up, like Skyvue.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2015, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwho View Post
I bet when we see renders for this, it will be similar in design to the gardens (tower 260) downtown.
I highly doubt it. The gardens is too fat of a structure for condos. My prediction is that it will end up being a narrower building to allow every condo to have at least a part of a downtown/river view.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2015, 4:04 PM

I guess everyone was right!

I'm not sure, but in that plan there may be some units on the Penn Avenue side that don't have river views, and only side looks at Downtown.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2015, 4:18 PM

Looks like 15 or 16 floors. Isn't this supposed to be 18 floors?

Old Posted Dec 16, 2016, 11:45 PM
Ex Houstonian

Jesus Christ this would have been amazing, fucking NIMBY scum

Old Posted Dec 17, 2016, 12:12 AM

March 2016:

High-profile condo tower up in air after board denies Bitz plan

Quote:
The Pittsburgh Zoning Board of Adjustment has denied tech entrepreneur Francois Bitz’s proposal to build a condo tower in the Strip District, rejecting a request for a special exception for height and floor area ratio as well as a variance for an interior sideyard.

The board made the ruling March 10, three months after Bitz and his Spring Way Center LLC proposed the project in a hearing before the ZBA.

Working with Lawrenceville-based Desmone Architects, Bitz proposed a 224-foot-tall, 18-story development on a 28,000-square-foot parcel he owns on Penn Avenue between 26th and 27th streets in the Strip District, a project that sought approval for a building that would reach well above the 60 to 70 foot height restriction for the site.

The $80 million development was expected to include 70 condos with one and a half parking spaces per unit.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive