HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion

Old Posted Mar 6, 2009, 3:02 PM

Question 2000 Jasmine Cr, has anyone ever lived here?

Hello,

Recently I've been interested in the condo building at Beacon Hill South, 2000 Jasmine Cr. The inside seems nice and the location seem very convenient.

I would like to know if someone has already lived there and could tell me if it's a good place to stay or a bad neighborhood.

Thanks

Old Posted Mar 6, 2009, 3:24 PM

I had friends that lived there and they seemed to like it. this was about 8 years ago though.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2009, 3:52 PM

I know someone that lives in that complex. It is BY FAR the best deal on apartment condos in the city. Most other other developments don't even come close to what you get for the price (<$150 per sq foot WITH parking). The neighbourhood has lots of amenities and so does the complex itself (pool, sauna, exercise, work shop, billiards room, tennis) (some you have to pay extra for). There is a major bus route (the 12) at the door. There have been a considerable number of improvements to the building the last decade or so. I gather it went through a rougher patch in the late 80's so. The building has cement between all the units so it is nice a quiet as well. It is about 75% owner occupied from what I hear.

The condos themselves are very large (all 2 and 3 bedroom unless they have been modified) and price is certainly right. Find one that has been renovated and has an indoor parking spot and you are all set. It is a large set of buildings so there is generally several units to choose from at any given time.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2009, 5:56 PM

Thanks for the info. I find it a great deal for a first time buyer, like myself.

I saw one I really liked but it suddenly got sold. It was 3bdrm with 1.5 bathroom, for 125K!

I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for a next one to go for sale.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2009, 7:11 PM

It is a fabulous deal for a first time buyer. It is one of the largest condo developments in Ottawa so there is generally always at least a few up for sale.

The exact same thing happened with the person I knew...lost the first unit, but found another a month an a half later... got a newly renovated 3 bedroom unit with an amazing view of the NCC woodlands to the south...

Older buildings like that are like picking fruit. The the units are not all the same. You just have to find the right ones.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion