HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Feb 6, 2016, 12:54 AM
Karma Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Here's the audio [MP3 - 114MB]. You can skip to Tad Savinar's comments at 1:24:30 to get the jist of the issues.
Brutal. I get that it's a difficult site, to put it mildly, but that can't be an excuse for poor design. If anything, sites that have more constraints often lead to better architecture because you have to think more creatively to arrive at a good solution. I'd much rather work with a difficult or odd-shaped site than a 200' x 200' square.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 5:39 AM

Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 432 NE Jessup St:

Quote:
New 12-unit residential building. House to be demo’d.
Scott Edwards Architecture have submitted a project at 1451 NE Alberta St for building permit review:

Quote:
Redevelopment of existing building to create ground floor warm shell retail and two floors – 10 units – residential units above. Including street landscaping
Tiland/Schmidt Architects have submitted the NE MLK & Alberta retail development for building permit review:

Quote:
New single story 16,500 square foot masonry building, landscaping, parking, stormwater facility. Shell only, no occupancy this permit.

New single story 8,400 square foot masonry building, landscaping, parking, stormwater facility. Shell only, no occupancy this permit.

New 210 square foot trash enclosure

New 336 square foot trash enclosure
A building permit was issued for a project at 3514 NE Sandy Blvd:

Quote:
Construct new one story building with associated site work and detached 73 sq ft trash enclosure

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 7:10 AM

Lenity Architecture have requested Design Advice for Grant Park Village Phase III at 1598 NE 32nd Ave:

Quote:
Proposed 5-story building that will contain Memory Care rooms and Assisted Living Residential Units with underground parking and a basement.
Scott Edwards Architecture have submitted the Garlington Center at 3024 NE Martin Luther King Blvd for Design Review:

Quote:
Development of a four story 52 unit housing complex; a two story commercial medical office bldg and associated site work. On-site parking on an existing developed site.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 2:27 AM

Drawings for 604 NE 20th [PDF - 50MB]

http://efiles.portlandoregon.gov/Rec...File/Document/

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 6:48 AM

Quote:

Wow, what a change from the last design I saw.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2016, 8:31 PM

Quote:

Staff Report [PDF] which does not yet recommend approval.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 3:08 AM

Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 5035 NE Sandy Blvd:

Quote:
Early Assistance appt to discuss the proposed mixed use bldg; 2-4 stories, with ground floor retail or office uses.
Mahlum Architects have requested Early Assistance for the Grant High School Modernization project:

Quote:
Modernization of existing Grant Highschool, entire facility. Partial demo, full remodel.
Steelhead Architecture have requested Early Assistance for the Lightbox Going at NE Going and N Williams:

Quote:
New Construction – three new units on one property.
A building permit was issued for a project at 1308 NE Dekum St:

Quote:
New 3 story (28 unit) modular apartment building; see comments and project file for scope of modular reviewed by state.
A building permit was issued to Bora (formerly Boora) Architects for the Faubion Elementary School Rebuild:

Quote:
New three story, 133,000 sf pre kindergarten through 8th grade school with spaces for Concordia University college of education classrooms, offices, and community service partner organizations

Old Posted Mar 10, 2016, 9:01 PM

Carleton Hart Architects have requested Early Assistance for a project at 3368 NE Martin Luther King Blvd:
Quote:
Proposal is for a six story multifamily residential development consisting of 81 units with grd floor retail. PHB project.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2016, 7:13 PM

Stack Architecture have submitted a project at 714 NE Alberta St for building permit review:

Quote:
Addition to NW side of the building for new elevator shaft and trash enclosure; full interior remodel of 1st and second floor; remove interior walls and add new walls to create waiting area, exam rooms, offices, restrooms, meeting room, and worstations area; new landscaping and restriping of parking lot

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 4:12 AM

Notice of a Pre-Application Conference for a project at 4224 NE Halsey St, adjacent to the 24 hour fitness.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 5:37 AM
Karma Police

Not the best design (typical LRS) but at least that vacant lot is finally getting filled. Ten years later.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 6:11 AM
Semi-Lurker

Yeah nothing exciting designwise, but it is great to see another under-utilized lot get developed in the Hollywood District. The neighborhood has quite a bit of untapped potential. I used to live in the apartment building across the street from where this project is going up and walking around the neighborhood I always wondered why it wasn't more "happening" given its central location and access to transit. It's been nice watching it start to fill out a bit more over the past couple years with both new retail tenants and residential development.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2016, 5:09 AM
Semi-Lurker

Does anyone know what is going on with the little garage building on the SE corner of 27th and Alberta? They have partially demolished it, can't tell if they are tearing it down entirely or just stripping it down to its guts and rebuilding. My internet searching wasn't very fruitfu... so I thought one of you might have heard something. Eh?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2016, 6:21 AM

Otak Architects have requested Early Assistance for a project at 5416 NE 14th Pl:

Quote:
Proposal is to build a four story wood framed multi-family apartment building with 15 dwelling units and five parking spaces.
A building permit is under review for 606 NE 20th Ave:

Quote:
New construction of a 6-story 59unit apartment building including parking and retail on level 1. Levels 3-6 contain a mix of apartment including studios, 1 bedroom, and 2 bedrooms. Level 6 also has an amenity deck along the west property line. Retail space on level 1 is to be built out under a separate permit with no occupancy this permit. Demo of existing building to be under separate permit. Demo plans included for reference only.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2016, 3:32 AM

Drawings [PDF 10 MB] and memo to the Design Commission for Grant Park Village Phase III. This development is not getting better by phase.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 3:59 AM

Memo [PDF] regarding Grant Park Village Phase II.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2016, 5:00 AM

Latest drawings [PDF - 68MB] for the 606 NE 20th Apts.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 4:48 AM

A Pre-Application has been scheduled by Baysinger Partners to discuss a project at 2800 NE 82nd Ave:

Quote:
Construction of a new 112,900 sq ft retail building with 565 parking stalls and code compliant landscaping and pedestrian pathways. Stormwater will meet required codes and include a 50 ft wide water detention area.
Morton Building Design have submitted a project at 5325 NE Irving St for building permit review:

Quote:
Construct new 4 story, 7 unit condo building with parking, includes associated site work, detached trash enclosure is less than 120sf in area

Old Posted Apr 22, 2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Latest drawings [PDF - 68MB] for the 606 NE 20th Apts.
Design Commission approved this yesterday.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2016, 7:44 PM

Encore Architects have requested Early Assistance for a project at 20 NE 14th Ave:

Quote:
New 6 story multi use 190 unit apartment building, retail and living on the 1st floor, 100 parking spaces provided.
DOWA-IBI Group have requested Early Assistance for work at Benson High School:

Quote:
Master planning for modernization and addition of the existing Benson Polytech High School Campus.
CIDA Architects have applied for a building permit for a project at 422 NE Dekum St :

Quote:
Construct new 4 story, 22 unit apartment builidng, one unit is live/work, no parking, trash and bike storage at main level, includes associated site work
A building permit is under review for Holladay Park Plaza East at 1300 NE 16th Ave:

Quote:
New 2 story above grade 10 unit adult living apartments with 2 levels of underground parking

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland