HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 3:29 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
none of the photos on the first post have credits? Does the OP have no respect for this forum and its rules?
Neither do the Canada's 10 tallest U/C or the Canada's 25 tallest proposals threads. Why should my threads have to be credited if even experienced members don't credit their lists?

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 3:32 AM

Basically Toronto needs a subforum. The city will always dominate the Canada threads since there's simply more stuff under construction. But I see how it can be especially annoying when bi-weekly choice photos of projects in other cities get buried by daily - or with Caltrane/Steveve/etc, hourly - updates that normally would fall within a dedicated thread to the building. No doubt this has discouraged others from bothering to post their stuff.

This problem has been handled extremely poorly with the creation of these ridiculous threads, but sparring with Chadillacc creates a wonderful distraction while deliberately avoiding the issue and secretly supporting the status quo.

Last edited by dleung; Nov 25, 2011 at 4:06 AM.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 3:39 AM
ARTchitecture

Agreed. I'm not totally against creating a series of "Proposed Highrises 100 - 199m, Proposed Skyscrapers 200+" lists. But again, all of the national stuff in those lists would be buried in the, as Dleung said, hourly Toronto proposals that are posted. I think the way it is is great. I'm sorry that other people don't feel the same way, but life's a b*tch... get over it.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sandbag View Post
where are the moderators.... again why not 4 sections labeled as such. with threads for individual buildings and a compilation of buildings ordered by height where all buildings are listed

1. Skyscrapers 200+m U/C
> Skyscrapers 200+m U/C List
2. Proposed Skyscrapers 200+
> Proposed Skyscrapers 200+ List
3. Highrises 100 - 199m U/C
> Highrises 100 - 199m U/C List
4. Proposed Highrises 100 - 199m
> Proposed Highrises 100 - 199m List

Add building as they come online, who cares if we reach 50 in the highrise section, no more egos, no more city vs city.

more buildings to look at, no one left out... win, win, win, win etc.
I really like this idea too, seems quite sensible.

Although I think the reason there is so much TO backlash in this forum is not because of all the projects here but becuase of all the banter that goes on in the canada forum.

In all the other cities the small banter goes on in the subforums and projects are updated once or twice a week. With Toronto since there is no proper subforum the canada section is just full of banter which bogs down all the threads.

I really do think it is time for a Toronto subforum. I want to see one not only to clean up the Canada section but to have a more concise place to post for Toronto related issues.

Could a mod or admin please give it some serious thought?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 2:28 PM
gettin' rich!

That's a good idea!

I like it!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 3:23 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

Even with a Toronto subforum the Top 10 U/C, Top 11-30 U/C and 25 Tallest Proposals threads will still be dominated by Toronto...

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 3:48 PM

Yes but I dont think that is a problem, i think what rubs the non-toronto fourmers the wrong way is the constant Toronto banter that takes place in the canada forum that for other cities is located in their sub forums.

There is just as much banter about the other cities in canada it just happens to be kept to their subforums, whereas we dont have any other place to discuss the smaller details of each project that arent really necessary to have in the top 25 proposals forum per say, which I think should be kept to more important updates only.

I think it would help us toronto forumers to have a local to discuss things and it would help the canada forum to have cleaner threads with a focus on project updates and less random banter.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 5:11 PM
Here and There

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
Yes but I dont think that is a problem, i think what rubs the non-toronto fourmers the wrong way is the constant Toronto banter that takes place in the canada forum that for other cities is located in their sub forums.

There is just as much banter about the other cities in canada it just happens to be kept to their subforums, whereas we dont have any other place to discuss the smaller details of each project that arent really necessary to have in the top 25 proposals forum per say, which I think should be kept to more important updates only.

I think it would help us toronto forumers to have a local to discuss things and it would help the canada forum to have cleaner threads with a focus on project updates and less random banter.
BAN THE BANTERERS! Done. I like this thread. If you want to remove threads, take out all of those other silly ones where people vote on buidlings or the ones where people brag about how cultural their cities are..........

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 7:26 PM
ARTchitecture

Why do we need to change a bunch of shit guys? This thread is fine. The only people who aren't fine with it are the people that it doesn't even effect.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Neither do the Canada's 10 tallest U/C or the Canada's 25 tallest proposals threads. Why should my threads have to be credited if even experienced members don't credit their lists?
What are you talking about?

I credit every photo I use in both the Canada's 10 Tallest U/C thread and Canada's 25 Tallest Proposals thread.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 7:54 PM
ARTchitecture

Yes, the photos of construction.

Not the renders of buildings. Take a look. I formatted my lists after yours, I looked very closely.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Yes, the photos of construction.

Not the renders of buildings. Take a look. I formatted my lists after yours, I looked very closely.
I'm well aware of how similar your formatting is to mine.

Anyway, renderings are publicly released pieces of marketing. Do we really need to credit them? Mods, can you clarify the rules?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2011, 8:11 PM
ARTchitecture

Okay then. That is fine.

Then why is this douchebag b*tching at me to credit publicly released renders which no one else does?

I don't have any construction photos posted on my list.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 3:13 AM
Ciao tutti

Montreal's Altitude is rising. (My photos) ,,

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 4:52 AM
Look at me!

Cool, 1/3 of the way up! Should be topped off by the summer.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 5:32 AM
Ciao tutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
Cool, 1/3 of the way up! Should be topped off by the summer.
The Marriott has finally reached street level too, I'll post some photos tomorrow.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 5:43 AM
The New Republic

Cripes, Montreal always looks so damn good!

Old Posted Nov 27, 2011, 11:06 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
Oasis (Coquitlam, BC) at 42 storeys should be on this list.

http://www.oasiscoquitlam.com

Does anyone know the height of Oasis?

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 1:43 AM
Ciao tutti

The Marriott Courtyard Montreal. (My photos) ,

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 2:35 AM
ARTchitecture

I'll start posting construction photos for the projects onto the list soon.

Is it okay if I use one of yours? It will, of course, be credited.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada