HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Jun 28, 2007, 9:56 PM
World Machine

That first shot was jawdropping!!!!!!!!! Amazing stuff. Shots like that were exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!!!!! I am also looking foward to the interior shots, especially the penthouse.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2007, 11:17 PM
Desert Dweller

Thanks!! ^I never planned an interior in the Penthouse, although I will show an exterior view of it.

Here IS a try at an Office Interior at One Galcorp Plaza, 38th Floor.

Heres a bonus of the actual view.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2007, 11:27 PM
World Machine

That is so awesome! Things like that are what i am looking for. Please keep it up.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 5:35 AM
Posting Quick Reply

great stuff there!

Just wondering, if staunton's starting to become less exciting, are you planning on a new city? are you ever going to start up the LA type city again?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 6:24 AM
Desert Dweller

Well Staunton will not nessisarily become boring, We still need a Stadium, Arena, Rowhomes & Lofts, the Richard O' Donnelly Airport, the Jefferson Port, a Train Station plus:

After Staunton Island, there still is two more major areas: A Brooklyn Styled Area: Jefferson, including a 2nd Downtown, which should be intresting, and a New Jersey Styled Area (Which I'm looking forward to!) New Gantton, with sprawling (deserted) Freeways, Abandoned Farms and Neighborhoods, Huge Industrial Parks, the New Ganton Port & Landfill.

So theres lot to build, but I dont want to leave Downtown after detailing it out, so expect some new buildings, and plenty of Street Scenes.

Oh, and I dont think Oceanside is coming back, I really want to focus on Staunton till the burbs.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 6:51 AM

awsome city

Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 6:54 AM

I agree with you focusing on Staunton because it is basically orgasmic.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 7:28 AM
nuttin

thats the shit

i'm happy knowing theres more to come , the proposals sound great

City hall looks awesome as they all do

wouldn't mind seeing maybe 4 aerial shots (one for each point of the compass ) just to get a feel for the layout better

Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 2:22 PM
World Machine

All of your proposals and ideas sound great. I am really looking foward to seeing them. And thank you so much for taking the time to fulfill my requests.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 2:43 PM
Registered Lurker

the office shot is amazing i love those types of inside shots. Otahita needs some. i can't wait for the suburbs, even though i'm sure they won't be for a while. keep it up

Old Posted Jun 30, 2007, 8:37 AM
Desert Dweller

Thanks all!

Since Summer has been so annoyingly hot, all my friends out of state (who WOULDNT want to leave arizona for the summer) I'm stuck at home.

Lets talk about
Cannery Park West
Staunton's largest urban redevelopment project.

This WAS Cannery Park City (Now Cannery Park West)

Done Quickly, but decently.

This is it now. Instead of deleting the residential towers and making it more like NYC's Battery Park City, I stayed with the 1970's Chicago Apartment Tower's, which I think was a much better choice.

Before Cannery Park West

The Old meatpacking District, had been completly abandoned since the early 1960's. The district, had fallen into complete disrepair, had become a target for the 1970 Vietnam War Riots, due to the Kent State Shootings and Cambodia Invasion, riots formed in Staunton Square, an etimated 200,000 prostesters participated. The Riots where defantly the Worst in Staunton's history, the SWAT Team and Police brutally beat several rioters, and even shot several times into the crowd. and resulted in 5 deaths, and the almost complete destruction in the abandoned Meatpacking District, due to several fires caused by the rioters.

In 1972, plans where drawn up to completly clear the area for a new Residential Office Complex. The Project was lead by Alexander Galviston the 1st and Mayor Johannson. Alex Galviston, had already had plans for his Twin Towered Galcorp Plaza, which at the time, was going to be the World's Tallest Buildings, although due to Financial Problems (Galcorp was just starting in the 70's) across Westly Street. Construction on his massive project would not commence until 1976.

The District was cleared out, after several years of planning, a 6 Towered Residential complex was chosen. Construction started in 1976, dirt from the nearby Galcorp Plaza was used to expand the land for the project.

Phase One - 1979 to 1985

Cannery Park West is a planned residential neighborhood intended for Middle Class citizens.

The Towers of the background are as follows, left to right:
- Cannery Pointe
- Ganton View
- Birmingham Plaza
The Towers in the foreground, left to right
- West Cannery Place
- North Cannery Place
- East Cannery Place

The Area in the foreground originally was all parking lots, since the 90's recreational places have been added over them. The Goodman Pavillion was added in 1999, where the city voted the outdoor theatre to be named after their favorite mayor. The New Ganton View Park was added over a Parking lot in 1993.

Since it appears in both pics.

Phase Three - 1998 to 2000

Phase three of Cannery Park West, includes 2 modern office towers and the Green Pavillion. New Jersey Plaza One and Two where constructed in 1998 and 2000. The towers, with their highly desirable Address and Views had no problem becoming one of Staunton's most sucessful office towers.

The Building's two largest tenants in the two buildings are the Jaimes Insurance Company and Coppers Brothers, the building owners have chose not to brand the modern buildings with logos. Unlike the Staunton Financial Center.

The Green Pavillion is an outdoor theature for the cities Preforming arts, some plays are free, some are not. The Pavillion is named after Mayor Green, completed in 1999.

Phase Two - 1985 to 1990

The Staunton Financial Center had gone through many redesigns in the 1980's. The City chose the modern 5 Towered plan. The Towers, are one of, if not, Staunton's most prestegious office Complexes, next to Galcorp Plaza. The unblocked New Ganton views, indoor gardens, shops, easily accesible location, its own Marina, and rolling outdoor gardens makes the Staunton Financial Center truly a prestegious Complex.

- Derril Flynch occupies 60% of SFC 1, the Smallest Tower, completed in 1985
- The News Garner Corporation's World Headquarters is located in the SFC 2, the Tallest Tower, completed in 1986. The Tower has the destinction of being New Jersey's 4th Tallest due to its massive spire. The Slanted Top is home to mechancial uses and a luxurious Resturant.
- Cybersoft has its World Headquarters in SFC 3 & 4. Tower 3 Completed in 1988, unlike the other towers, Tower Three Dosnt have a decorative top.
- Tower 4, Cybersoft's other Headquarters Building, along with Tower 5, is the most decorative of the complex. The Tower was completed in 1989, and has the distinction of being the 8th Tallest in Staunton, due to its spire.
- US Airlines occupies most of Tower 5. Tower 5 has a domed top and was the last to be completed, in 1990.

Other Aspects include:
- All Towers connected with bases or skybridges.
- Each Tower has its own Glass Domed entance on Westly Street and the Waterfront.
- The Project has rolling gardens and lawns.
- The Final structure added was the New Ganton Marina, the City's largest, and most sucessful, constructed in 1990. Today many rich citizens use it to park their sexy boats there.

Heres that Old One Galcorp Plaza emporis page brang from the dead.

Last edited by Patrick; Jun 30, 2007 at 9:16 AM.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2007, 8:39 AM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Woah!!! Absolutely sexcellent!!! rool:

Old Posted Jun 30, 2007, 7:31 PM
Registered Lurker

those buildings are fantastic and sooo sexy (your word, i know) but it's true! i loved the history as well. question: is the Emporis page real or a photoshop?? it's awesome

Old Posted Jun 30, 2007, 10:24 PM
nuttin

what can i say ? just brilliant , the story rules and the detail on the Financial centre is mind blowing , you just keep coming up with excellent ideas

Old Posted Jul 1, 2007, 8:37 AM
Desert Dweller

Thanks all!!

Peter - Well its fake, I just recreated it

Nothing New. We've all seen this before. Now with the new Cannery Park West, I'll be improving the area around Galcorp Plaza & Garden State Tower, surprisingly, much of that area is completly vacant.

Are those skybridges over Westly Avenue?

Old Posted Jul 1, 2007, 2:06 PM
World Machine

Great job as always Patrick. I love the Financial Centre.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2007, 3:10 AM
Posting Quick Reply

wow, skybridges!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2007, 3:45 AM
Registered Lurker

interesting last image. the skybridges are nice.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2007, 3:53 AM

¡Muy excelente!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2007, 6:14 AM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Great, as always!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup