HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 8:51 PM

Already posted in the Calgary Transit Fantasy Thread. Reposting here.

Some Facts about this system:

- 207.3 Kilometers (128.8 Miles) of track, or about as many miles as the entire Paris Métro
- 121 Stations, almost as many as the city of Osaka.
- The largest Light Rail Transit system in the world

Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 9:03 PM

Does your circle route basically follow the 72/73 bus route? Since you're basically extending the 17th Ave Transitway across the entire Route 1/305 length, why not also the SW transitway?

Otherwise I think it's pretty cool. And I could pretty well see it almost being implemented in the near term, in the the sense of BRT for the purple/gold/grey lines.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIce View Post
Does your circle route basically follow the 72/73 bus route?
Roughly Yes, except it circles a little further out. The Northern leg is pretty much the same except with a tunnel between Northmount Drive and the West Campus. The Western leg runs down Sarcee Trail; the Southern leg, along Glenmore Trail and Heritage Dr.; and the eastern Leg is entirely along 52nd St E.

Quote:
Since you're basically extending the 17th Ave Transitway across the entire Route 1/305 length, why not also the SW transitway?
Three of the main destinations on the SW Transitway: MRU, Rockyview Hospital and Heritage Park, are already covered by the Purple Line, and I don't think the areas south of the reservoir like Woodbine are populous or dense enough to warrant an LRT line of their own.

During planning, I was thinking of including a streetcar line that ran from the Stampede Grounds down 17th ave, up 14th street into Marda Loop with an eventual terminus on one of the Purple Line Stations. If the idea seems popular I might add it in.

Quote:
Otherwise I think it's pretty cool. And I could pretty well see it almost being implemented in the near term, in the the sense of BRT for the purple/gold/grey lines.
Thanks!

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanBerndt View Post
Already posted in the Calgary Transit Fantasy Thread. Reposting here.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OgY6JE7.jpg[IMG]

Some Facts about this system:

- 207.3 Kilometers (128.8 Miles) of track, or about as many miles as the entire Paris Métro
- 121 Stations, almost as many as the city of Osaka.
- The largest Light Rail Transit system in the world
I like this a lot, especially the Gold Line. I'd have it run right through the Beltline though, ideally underground but maybe 7th Ave style down 15th or something. Getting Bowness on a transit line would be great, it's a nice community but being so isolated is a real negative. Ditto getting COP on a transit line would be good.

I also think the 17th ave + 14 st streetcar is a good start to a streetcar network.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2016, 1:38 PM
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal

Found this giant thing:

http://transitmap.net/search/toronto
There's a PDF to get a bigger version. Hope it works for all of you.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada