HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 2:55 AM

Nice work! Cool to see the overhead perspective for sure.

The streetcar should swing by this thing! .... and other West Downtown future projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVurban View Post
Realizing that we really haven't seen how the project will look in the greater context, I threw together an aerial view. The background is from Google earth and the stadium plan is from the Better Boise Coalition. There are lots of empty lots and parking lots surrounding the stadium that are begging to be redeveloped if this project proceeds.
I'm still curious about how vehicles will enter/exit the parking garage. Currently it looks like the ends of the garage are too close to the intersections for good flow.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
I'm torn on the location. I kind of dig it and kind of don't. Either way I would like to see Boise get a decent stadium. Boise deserves it. I've seen high school baseball stadiums better than the current Hawk's Stadium.
Overall, I like. It has great access to the greenbelt and from the connector. Exiting the event will be interesting though with the amount of local roads. It should have a fantastic views of the foothills though.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 2:54 PM

First application for the new Sports Park is in!! The rezone application as been submitted to the city. They are asking to rezone the site to C5, which is the zoning for downtown. Overall, no new graphics to share which is a little disappointing. The application narrative mostly described (in legal speak) why this was an appropriate location based on master plans/land use/legal precedents and addressed the major issues of noise, parking, and access.

http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pds...id=CAR18-00012

Imformation from the provided narrative document
http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pds...04241450350697 (pages 6-7)
Quote:
i. Boise Sports Park - A multipurpose stadium and venue designed for minor league baseball and minor league soccer together with such other public and private activities and events.
  • 5,000 seats for baseball
  • 7,500 seats for soccer
  • Capacity for other community activities
  • 20,000 square feet of commercial and retail space
ii. Multifamily #1 - A multifamily mixed-use building located on Shoreline with retail, parking, and public plaza space. Additional Greenbelt access will be integrated into Multifamily #1 to permit direct access to the Boise Sports Park.
  • 240 multifamily units
  • 40,000 square feet of ground floor retail
iii. Multifamily #1 - A multifamily mixed-use building located on Americana in left field of the Boise Sports Park.
  • 60 multifamily units
  • Potential for ground floor retail
iv. Office Building - An office building with event space located between 14th Street and Americana in right field of the Boise Sports Park.
  • 1200,000 square feet of office space
  • Integrated event space on roof and balconies
v. Parking Garage - A parking garage adjacent to the Office Building will have approximately 700 parking stalls.
vi. Shoreline Improvements - Improvements to Shoreline between Americana and 14th to create a festival street permitting its use for various public and private events connecting Multifamily #1, the Boise Sports Park, and Greenbelt.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 5:01 PM
not a cynic

I guess I'm the only one saying this but,

River St and 23rd St need to be reconnected like it used to be before the Connector. Not only that, but there should be a westbound on ramp to compliment the eastbound off ramp. Looks like Adare Manor may make an on ramp impossible.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
I guess I'm the only one saying this but,

River St and 23rd St need to be reconnected like it used to be before the Connector. Not only that, but there should be a westbound on ramp to compliment the eastbound off ramp. Looks like Adare Manor may make an on ramp impossible.
This is an interesting thought, though it seems unlikely. It would take a massive rework of the connector to either allow vehicles to pass over or under the current roadway. Best guest would be they would go under, and have to lift the connector over the new roadway. I don't think they could take River Street over over the connector due to the slope requirements and the lack of room between the connector and americana.
This also wouldn't be on the developer but rather the state to do this and would probably come years after the stadium is actually built.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West