HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Aug 23, 2013, 8:29 PM
Community Guy

Designing Downtown - Pecha Kucha 17 - Oct 5, 2013

On Saturday, October 5th Edmonton's NextGen, Progress Unlimited, MADE and our hardworking NextGen PKN volunteers present one of the largest and richest citizen-driven conversations about urban cores in Canada through Designing Downtown - Pecha Kucha Night 17.

Edmonton’s downtown core will come alive with an eclectic mix of events and interventions celebrating Designing Downtown’s vision, anchored by Pecha Kucha Night 17.

Edmontonians will take in PKN 17 at the Winspear Centre and other Canadians will experience the nationally live-streamed event in partner cities across the country. Presenters from different regions across Canada, in the pecha kucha style, have 6 minutes and 40 seconds to challenge us to think in new ways about how we design and develop city cores. Our goal is bring cities together to enrich and advance the conversations, ideas, and actions that shape our downtowns as places for everyone.

When: Saturday, October 5

Where: Winspear Centre for the Arts - Enmax Hall, 9720 102 Avenue

Doors, cocktails and exhibits at 6:30 pm with presentations beginning at 7:00 pm.

Tickets are $30 for students (with I.D.) and $35 for general admission, plus GST & applicable fees.
We're excited about PKN 17 and the speakers from across Canada that will be there. We will be announcing the presenters soon!

Tickets

http://www.tixonthesquare.ca/event/detail/6836/

(http://www.designingdowntown.ca/imag...wnedmonton.png)

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 4, 2013, 5:54 PM
Community Guy

Get your tickets now!

Old Posted Sep 19, 2013, 2:55 PM
Community Guy

DECL just bought a bunch of tickets for its board members, hope to see a bunch of you there!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2013, 4:25 PM
Community Guy

Just over a week away, go get your tickets!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2013, 2:34 PM
Community Guy

REMINDER - this is tomorrow night, hope to see all of you there!

Old Posted Oct 6, 2013, 4:29 PM
Community Guy

Good presentations last night, great to see so many out.

Fun après ski

Old Posted Oct 7, 2013, 3:44 PM
Community Guy

Had the pleasure to meet and chat with most presenters, Sasa and Johanna from http://www.5468796.ca (Winnipeg) were very impressive.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton