HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 3:17 PM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2017 in Lausanne

Lausanne is a good day trip option from Geneva, being less than an hour away by train. The station is downhill from the historic centre, but it is a short ride on the slanted metro uphill towards the main attractions.

Place de la Riponne is a grand square fronted by the Palais de Rumine, which now has several museums within.

The Town Hall was built in the 17th century and still serves the same purpose today.

The Escaliers du Marche is a set of stairs that climbs up the steep slope up to the cathedral. They date from the 13th century although what we see today was built in the early 18th century.

The cathedral's history goes back to the 12th century but construction took long and it was finally consecrated in 1275. When the Reformation came, many of the decorations were covered up but then restored in the 20th century.

I had my eyes set on the stairs up for a panoramic view of the city. I was not disappointed. Seems few people knew of this place as it was quite empty up top.

Pont Charles-Bessieres seems to be a wonderful suicide spot being quite high above the sprawling town below.

More on my website : http://www.globalphotos.org/lausanne.htm

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 1:44 AM

Wow, great photos.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2017, 2:28 AM
Gatinois et fier

very nice

GATINEAU-OTTAWA=1 300 000
gatinopolis.miniville.fr
gatinopolis.miniville.fr/ind

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 2:45 AM
Hong Kong

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 4:58 AM
Hong Kong

Lavaux's vineyard terraces stretch 30km along the northern shore of Lake Geneva. Dating from the 11th century, this region is well worth a walk to appreciate the natural setting and the engineering it took to grow grapes in this part of Switzerland.

The tourist information centre in Lausanne has maps to help plan your visit to the area. My tour started at Grandvaux, which is only a short 10-minute train ride away.

The village was fairly quiet in the early afternoon already. While this region is quite famous due to its UNESCO World Heritage status, they haven't heavily commercialized the area yet.

More photos : http://www.globalphotos.org/lavaux.htm

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 1:24 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

nice one, now. switzerland is the peach of europe

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos