HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 3:57 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanSpice View Post
Mocking leaders when they dress in attire other than what they would normally wear is getting really tiresome. It's stupid when right-wing people do it to mock Justin Trudeau, it's stupid when left-wing people do it to mock Stephen Harper. It's just plain stupid.
The only reason I posted those was to show the selective memory of certain forumers.

https://clockzillakingoflaval.tumblr.com

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 4:11 PM
Made in Edmonton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanSpice View Post
Mocking leaders when they dress in attire other than what they would normally wear is getting really tiresome. It's stupid when right-wing people do it to mock Justin Trudeau, it's stupid when left-wing people do it to mock Stephen Harper. It's just plain stupid.

You're probably right.

However, this is politics and the manchild is fair game.

A portion of Canada's population votes for a guy to be the Prime Minister of Canada whos utterly and unequivocally not qualified or competent to be a leader of a country like Canada.

This is what you get....Unbridled backlash.

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 5:10 PM

Just wondering why do the majority of illegal border crossers, go through Quebec?

https://www.trudeaumetre.ca/

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post

Oh God! That still makes me cringe! How long did it take you to find that?

Just sayin' that BlackStar acting like Harper never dressed embarrassingly is pretty disingenuous. The difference is seems is that Trudeau genuinely seems to enjoy it whereas Harper looked like an uncomfortable cat in a costume. I will grant you that.
I would hope that Harper's too tight cowboy outfit was designed to stop the ridiculous urban cowboy look that has taken a hold of federal MP's at the Calgary Stampede.

I would suspect most of them would faint if a dollop of cow shit stained their designer jeans.

For ref:
Real cowpersons (2018 and all)

And the fake variety

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 7:45 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
I would hope that Harper's too tight cowboy outfit was designed to stop the ridiculous urban cowboy look that has taken a hold of federal MP's at the Calgary Stampede.

I would suspect most of them would faint if a dollop of cow shit stained their designer jeans.

For ref:
Real cowpersons (2018 and all)

And the fake variety
Don't even get me started on the whole one week a year cowboys and their ridiculous outfits. I hate that fake cowboy bullshit. I also hate country music. I especially hate the stupid "Get'r Done!" fake cowboy mantras you hear from corporations in Calgary. That also is coded sometimes as "can-do" attitude.

Last edited by O-tacular; May 15, 2018 at 8:27 PM.

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 7:47 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
Just wondering why do the majority of illegal border crossers, go through Quebec?
Clearly it's because of poutine.

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
Easy to access land border.

It's not really "illegal" crossings if they're refugee claimaints as our laws allow for border-crossers to make a refugee claim; it would only be illegal if they entered without making a claim, or tried to stay in the country after such a claim was rejected.

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 8:18 PM
Monsieur Sainte-Nitouche

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1overcosc View Post
Easy to access land border.

It's not really "illegal" crossings if they're refugee claimaints as our laws allow for border-crossers to make a refugee claim; it would only be illegal if they entered without making a claim, or tried to stay in the country after such a claim was rejected.
It's fairly easy to access that border crossing from the Bos-NY-Wash corridor, where many of the asylum seekers were living before. From the NYC area it's a "straight shot" up the I-87 corridor with multiple transportation options.

All of Ontario's borders with the U.S. involve crossing a body of water. (There may be one or two remote exceptions but they are not accessible.)

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 8:47 PM

Another truly cringe worthy performance from the B level thespian and selfie sock puppet and truly empty vessel JT at NYU, someone in the Liberal party take the mic away from this guy for the sake of Canada!

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 8:59 PM
Kneel before Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Another truly cringe worthy performance from the B level thespian and selfie sock puppet and truly empty vessel JT at NYU, someone in the Liberal party take the mic away from this guy for the sake of Canada!
You know how people in the States might sometimes respond to things they perceive as politically correct with ThIs Is WhY tRuMp WoN ?

We should start doing that for Trudeau every time this DRAMA TEACHER SELFIES AND PHOTO OPS, CANADA WILL LITERALLY DIE IF HE DOESN'T RESIGN SOON shit appears.

Get some new jokes.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 9:23 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
grammar: 2/10. Almost gibberish.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
grammar: 2/10. Almost gibberish.
I expected bots to be better at seeming human.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 10:08 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
I expected bots to be better at seeming human.
You'd think so.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 3:23 PM

A new Forum research poll of 1400 Canadians has the Conservatives 46% Liberals 30% NDP 18%. I know a lot of people on here don't like Forum but even Nanos now has Liberals 35% Tories 34% NDP 20% and Nanos usually is the most Liberal friendly pollster out there.

http://poll.forumresearch.com/data/f...0Horserace.pdf

http://www.nanos.co/wp-content/uploa...2018-05-18.pdf

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 7:59 PM

Nanos is the most accurate by a longshot, not necessarily the most Liberal friendly (thought for the past year or so that seems to be the case).

Forum recently got ridiculed here in Ontario for posting a poll that dramatically over exaggerated NDP support in our upcoming provincial election (they put the NDP at 47% and the Conservatives at 33%, whereas every other poll has the two parties tied at about 35%). I think Forum's problem is their methodology exaggerates trends somehow.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 7:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I did the "vote compass" questionnaire on the CBC site regarding the upcoming Ontario election, just to see how I fit in with the overall electorate (even though I am not from Ontario).

It was quite interesting. I am about as centrist as you can possibly get (very slight conservative leaning), and fit in quite well with what I assume would be a typical "progressive conservative" (if such animals still exist - they do in the Maritimes anyway).

It would be interesting to see where some other SSP members fall on the political spectrum.

The survey can be found here:

https://votecompass.cbc.ca/ontario/home

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I did the "vote compass" questionnaire on the CBC site regarding the upcoming Ontario election, just to see how I fit in with the overall electorate (even though I am not from Ontario).

It was quite interesting. I am about as centrist as you can possibly get (very slight conservative leaning), and fit in quite well with what I assume would be a typical "progressive conservative" (if such animals still exist - they do in the Maritimes anyway).

It would be interesting to see where some other SSP members fall on the political spectrum.

The survey can be found here:

https://votecompass.cbc.ca/ontario/home
I took the same test a couple weeks back and fell just a hair to the left of you, very slightly left-of-centre:

It's a very difficult election here in Ontario for us centrists. It may seem weird to a lot of people in the other provinces, but many of us moderates here are actually settling on the NDP as the "least bad" option, for two reasons:

1) In a weird twist of fate, their platform is actually the most fiscally responsible of all the parties, because the Ontario Liberals are proposing much higher spending (for example, the Liberals are proposing free public childcare for all whereas the NDP are proposing means-tested public childcare), and the Ontario PCs are proposing huge tax cuts without nearly enough spending cuts to offset them.
2) Kathleen Wynne and Doug Ford are both very unlikeable candidates, so for a lot of people that results in an automatic NDP vote by process of elimination; NDP leader Andrea Horwath is reasonably likeable to most although she's not exactly Jack Layton on this front.

The NDP are surging in the polls and what once looked like a coronation ceremony for Ford has become a tight NDP-PC race and the possibility of an NDP government, which as recently as 3 weeks ago looked laughable, is becoming more likely although most pundits still think Ford will win.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1overcosc View Post
I took the same test a couple weeks back and fell just a hair to the left of you, very slightly left-of-centre:

It's a very difficult election here in Ontario for us centrists. It may seem weird to a lot of people in the other provinces, but many of us moderates here are actually settling on the NDP as the "least bad" option, for two reasons:

1) In a weird twist of fate, their platform is actually the most fiscally responsible of all the parties, because the Ontario Liberals are proposing much higher spending (for example, the Liberals are proposing free public childcare for all whereas the NDP are proposing means-tested public childcare), and the Ontario PCs are proposing huge tax cuts without nearly enough spending cuts to offset them.
2) Kathleen Wynne and Doug Ford are both very unlikeable candidates, so for a lot of people that results in an automatic NDP vote by process of elimination; NDP leader Andrea Horwath is reasonably likeable to most although she's not exactly Jack Layton on this front.

The NDP are surging in the polls and what once looked like a coronation ceremony for Ford has become a tight NDP-PC race and the possibility of an NDP government, which as recently as 3 weeks ago looked laughable, is becoming more likely although most pundits still think Ford will win.
The "unlikeability" of Wynne is a mystery to me. I quite like her, though not her spent Liberal government. My vote compass is exactly one block to the right of your own. I have always considered myself a centrist.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 7:42 PM

I've moved a lot further to the centre on that graph as I've grown up. When I was 20, I probably would have been right in the middle of the Libs and NDP on that chart, now at 25 I'm just barely left-of-centre.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 8:00 PM

Strange

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada