HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Aug 29, 2013, 9:18 PM
Let's Go Brandon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
Wasn't the Wells Fargo tower originally another bank when it was built?
Yes. It was originally First Interstate Bank, and the building was the First Interstate Center, IIRC.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2013, 2:54 PM

I love the way the clouds reflect in the glass. And glad to see the smoke has cleared up a little!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2013, 8:32 PM
Certified Idahoan

We have scaffolding and work being done on the spire, Finally!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2013, 11:11 PM
Closed account

8th&Main Tower

8-30-13 photos of scaffolding around spire and panel for Main St side of building being lifted to start finishing that side of the building next week. Tower crane should be gone by the end of Sept.

Last edited by Architecture Buff; Aug 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2013, 12:00 AM

It's a beautiful building guys but the more I look at it, the more it resembles a mormon temple. Pray that they don't put that statue of Moroni on top of it. Yikes...

Old Posted Aug 31, 2013, 4:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
It's a beautiful building guys but the more I look at it, the more it resembles a mormon temple. Pray that they don't put that statue of Moroni on top of it. Yikes...

I dunno...I think this guy would look pretty awesome standing on the spire.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2013, 7:22 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

That dude's horn is pointing up too high. He would need to let it hang a little lower.

My photo of the Idaho Falls LDS Temple. Summer 2012.

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Aug 31, 2013, 8:15 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

a few taken while I was at the Saturday Market.

Labor Day weekend extras.

and for the Hell of it ~ April 2012

December 2012

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Last edited by Sawtooth; Aug 31, 2013 at 10:50 PM.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2013, 4:14 PM

I was looking through my photos from last year of the site. Amazing how fast they can build buildings.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2013, 1:03 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

a different point of view

Old Posted Sep 3, 2013, 5:21 AM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
a different point of view
Spent the weekend in Portland with the wife and kids. On the way back This morning we drove into downtown Boise and got a good look at this building. Even took a shot of it from a street from the west that gave it a nice view and took a picture of it. I am sure locals were cursing me for my slow driving and with my hand hanging out my widow taking pictures with my iPhone.

The building is looking good and does add some nice infill into the Boise skyline. hope once this building is competed and is filled the city will get another. I also noticed that the Jump development was under construction.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2013, 4:55 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
Spent the weekend in Portland with the wife and kids. On the way back This morning we drove into downtown Boise and got a good look at this building. Even took a shot of it from a street from the west that gave it a nice view and took a picture of it. I am sure locals were cursing me for my slow driving and with my hand hanging out my widow taking pictures with my iPhone.

The building is looking good and does add some nice infill into the Boise skyline. hope once this building is competed and is filled the city will get another. I also noticed that the Jump development was under construction.
Hopefully the one way streets did not confuse you. I see the one way confusion often and even people with local 1A and 2C Idaho plates turn the wrong way.

Right after I shot that photo I saw a guy with K plates, which is Kootenai County/Coeur D'Alene turn the wrong way on Capitol Boulevard at Main Street. He almost rolled his car making a quick u turn because traffic was heading his way lol.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2013, 4:12 PM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
Hopefully the one way streets did not confuse you. I see the one way confusion often and even people with local 1A and 2C Idaho plates turn the wrong way.

Right after I shot that photo I saw a guy with K plates, which is Kootenai County/Coeur D'Alene turn the wrong way on Capitol Boulevard at Main Street. He almost rolled his car making a quick u turn because traffic was heading his way lol.
I was totally expecting the one way streets and after coming from Portland the one way streets in Boise are tame. I only took 10 min to drive around and then got back onto the interstate to head back to Salt Lake. Also helps to have a wife that screams at you if in any way it looks like I am going the wrong direction.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2013, 4:36 PM

From the looks of the Steel framing they've increased the size of the spire.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2013, 6:05 PM
Certified Idahoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
From the looks of the Steel framing they've increased the size of the spire.
I hope so, I always felt the original spire looked quite dinky on the corner there. Hopefully this will be a bit more proportional.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2013, 10:20 PM
Closed account

8th&Main Tower

9-4-13 web cam pics of glass filling in Main St side. Also the Mountain Express in Ketchum has a story of Zenergy Boise(Health Club) opening in January 2014 on second floor.

Evening web cam pic

Last edited by Architecture Buff; Sep 5, 2013 at 2:42 AM.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 4:04 AM

Greetings Boise Skyscraper Forum! I've been enjoying all of your comments, links, and especially photos. I also appreciate the tone on this forum compared to some of the other city forums I've read. I've lived in Boise for 30 years now and have loved to see Downtown Boise grow up from the gravel parking lots there when I came!

Architecture Buff, Where did you take those last two pictures from? I love the view.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 6:19 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
Greetings Boise Skyscraper Forum! I've been enjoying all of your comments, links, and especially photos. I also appreciate the tone on this forum compared to some of the other city forums I've read. I've lived in Boise for 30 years now and have loved to see Downtown Boise grow up from the gravel parking lots there when I came!

Architecture Buff, Where did you take those last two pictures from? I love the view.
They are from the below link: (just click on it)

http://ibeamsystems.com/demo/tlp/

They have a web cam on the Grove Hotel, and so just use screen capture on your PC.
Here is another example...a evening view. Wish they clean the lens.

Last edited by Architecture Buff; Sep 5, 2013 at 6:33 AM.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 11:01 PM
Closed account

8th&Main Tower

9-5-13 Main street side glass almost done.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2013, 12:42 AM

Thanks for the link. They need a windshield wiper on the camera today with all the rain.

I like the lighting of the evening shot you included.

I think the Zion's building is a great addition to downtown Boise. I like the dominant vertical lines of white columns with blue glass and the extended corner tower of glass (with understated horizontal lines of lighter and darker blue glass). I think it mixes well with the Wells Fargo building and its horizontal lines of glass and polished granite. Many skyscraper designs today are all glass which I don't think would fit Boise very well.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West