HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:20 AM
-

864 S Peters St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: TF0KBJ
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Josh Gautreau
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/8/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Tenant build-out of offices on 5th floor as per plans.

130 Carondelet St·Driveway/ Curb Cut and Restoration ·Ref Code: DQ7DDG
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Driveway/ Curb Cut and Restoration
Applicant:
M Carbine Restorations, Ltd
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/1/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Curb Cut required to establish driveway to construction site internal to block - for machinery access, workers, etc.

djsnola
1009 Camp St·Interior Demolition · Permit #17-19522-DEMI ·Ref Code: V5F165
Download (4) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Interior Demolition
Applicant:
Amber Carrier
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
6/5/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Interior demolition only of existing commercial location. No USE of OCCUPANCY.

1100-1118 Washington Ave, 2801-2809 Magazine St·NPP Notifications · Project #17-1455 ·Ref Code: HN8NZQ
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
NPP Notifications
Applicant:
2801 Magazine Street LLC
Draft Application
Date Filed:
6/1/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Applicant is requesting an NPP list in anticipation of applying for a CU to permit a fast food restaurant. Site has an existing CU.

228 Poydras St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: SPAP78
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Ryan Gootee
Zoning Review
Date Filed:
5/18/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Renovate 11 floors of guest rooms and corridors. Work includes painting, wall covering, base, flooring and changing out light fixture

601 Poydras St, Suite D·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: N2KPF8
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Emily Borum
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/24/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Tenant build-out of 1581 sq ft specialty restaurant (Smoothie King) as per plans.

djsnola
CITY
PLANNING
COMMISSION
PLANNING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
AGENDA – June 7, 2017
There will be a meeting of the Planning Advisory Committee on June 7, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. The
meeting will be held in the One Stop Shop Conference Room A, City Hall Room 7W03.
1) Consideration: Meeting minutes from May 24, 2017
CPC ITEMS:
2) Consideration: [ZD054-17] – Request by Annunciation, LLC for a planned development
to permit a multi-family residential development in an HU-RD2 Historic Urban TwoFamily
Residential District, on a portion of an undesignated lot on Square 492, in the
Third Municipal District, bounded by Marais, Mandeville, Urquhart, and Spain Streets.
The municipal addresses are 1209-1221 Mandeville Street and 2301 Marais Street. (PD
7)
3) Consideration: [ZD055-17] – Request by ENTI, LLC for a conditional use to permit the
sale of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption at a specialty restaurant in a
CBD-6 Urban Core Neighborhood Intensity Mixed-Use District, on Square 162, Lots Y
and Z, in the First Municipal District, bounded by Magazine, Girod, Julia, and Camp
Streets. The municipal addresses is 725 Magazine Street. (PD 1A)
4) Consideration: [ZD056-17] – Request by City Council Motion M-17-182 for a
conditional use to permit a community center in an HU-RM1 Historic Urban MultiFamily
Residential District, on Square 303, Lot 1, in the Fourth Municipal District,
bounded by Third Street, Loyola Avenue, Fourth Street, and South Saratoga Street. The
municipal addresses are 2134-2138 Third Street. (PD 2)
NON-CPC ITEMS:
5) Consideration: [17-1440] A request by 226 Decatur, LLC, for a grant of predial
servitude for the proposed encroachments of balconies on/over the Clinton Street public
rights-of-way, adjacent to 2nd M.D., Square 7, Lot 2. The municipal address of the
property is 226 Decatur Street.
6) Consideration: [17-1442] A request by 846 Baronne St Development, LLC, for a grant
of predial servitude for the proposed encroachment of an awning on/over the Baronne
Street public right-of-way, adjacent to 1st M.D., Square 235, Lots 18-24. The municipal
address of the property is 846 Baronne Street.
7) Consideration: [17-1443] A request by Harrah’s for a grant of predial servitude for the
proposed encroachment of a portion of an awning on/over the Canal Street public rightof-way,
adjacent to 1st M.D., Squares 1A, 2A, 2, and 12-14.. The municipal address of
the property is 8 Canal Street.
8) Consideration: [17-1445] A request by Joe, Gary, and Leanne Williams for a grant of
predial servitude for the proposed encroachment of an awning on/over the St. Claude
Avenue public right-of-way, adjacent to 3rd M.D., Square 392, Lot 7. The municipal
address of the property is 2315 St. Claude Avenue.
9) Consideration: [17-1448] A request by Tracy Williams for a grant of predial servitude
for the proposed encroachment of a wraparound gallery on/over the N. Roman Street and
St. Ann Street public rights-of-way, adjacent to 2nd M.D., Square 238, Lot 1. The
municipal address of the property is 1900 St. Ann Street.
10) Consideration: [17SWCF-10957] A request for Sidewalk Café by Dylan Maisel with
The Daily Beet at 1000 Girod Street. Unit B6-A.

846 Baronne St·Encroachment on ROW · Project #17-1442 ·Ref Code: MFP7JF
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Encroachment on ROW
Applicant:
846 Baronne St Development LLC
Draft Application
Date Filed:
5/31/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Applicant would like to construct an awning over the Baronne St public right-of-way.

2760 Canal St·NPP Notifications · Project #17-1474 ·Ref Code: D84UED
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
NPP Notifications
Applicant:
Cuong & Khoa LLC
Draft Application
Date Filed:
6/6/2017
Closed:
No
Description
applicant seeks neighbors within 300 feet

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:21 AM
-

CITY
PLANNING
COMMISSION
DESIGN ADVISORY COMMITTEE
AGENDA – June 7, 2017
The Design Advisory Committee meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 10:00 am in the One
Stop Shop Conference Room A, City Hall, Room 7W03.
MINUTES:
1. MINUTES: May 24, 2017, DAC Meeting
*CPC ITEMS:
2. Consideration: DR056-17 – Exterior renovation of an existing fast food restaurant in an EC
Enhancement Corridor Design Overlay District with over 100 feet of frontage. ™
Submitted by: Mouton Long Turner Architects
3. Consideration: DR057-17 – New construction of mixed-use multi-family and ground floor retail
structure for a development with over 40,000 square feet of gross floor area. (CB)
Submitted by: Rozas-Ward Architects
4. Consideration: ZD062-17 – A conditional use to permit a drive-through facility for a financial
institution in a CT Corridor Transformation Design Overlay District with over 100 feet of
frontage.
Submitted by: Ron Martinez, Scairono Martinez Architects
5. Conceptual Review: DR058-17 – Conceptual review for the New Orleans Four Seasons, a
hotel and multi-family residential development with over 40,000 square feet of gross floor area.
Submitted by: Yongjoo Kim & Gary Johnson, Cambridge Seven Associates
*NON-CPC ITEMS:
6. Consideration: DR059-17 – Canal Street Ferry Terminal
Submitted by: Nick Perez-Alvarez (Manning Architects) & Justin Augustine and Mark
Major (RTA)
Contact: nicholas@manningarchitects.com; justin.augustine@transdev.com;
mark.major@transdev.com
Page 2 of 2
7. Consideration: DR060-17 – Community Sailing Center (Municipal Yacht Harbor)
Submitted by: Scott Evans (Mathes Brierre Architects) & Julio Miguel Viteri (CPA)
OTHER MATTERS:
None

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAtoTX View Post
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...s_conside.html

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been discussed yet... What are some realistic ideas for a Superdome transformation? Forgive me if I am wrong, but didn't they not add hanging scoreboards (like the Cowboy's) in the middle of the dome because of structural issues? I know that they recently upgraded the scoreboards and they look pretty good, but would adding new, gigantic, hanging scoreboards to the dome be out of consideration if they are able to manage correcting whatever issues there are that prevent them from doing this? It would be amazing to see the Saints recreate/modernize the Superdome into something fascinating while still keeping its symbolic characteristics.
Yes, this was posted already but not discussed much...

They want to open at least one corner of the dome for a view of downtown which is definitely interesting.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo86 View Post

They want to open at least one corner of the dome for a view of downtown which is definitely interesting.
Wow... that is interesting. I'm sure the seating capacity would have to take a hit though.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:59 AM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo86 View Post

I personally always thought a glass/clear roof would be cool, doesn't have to open. I really do love the dome/history/building and would love to see it have a long life. I think them taking out one of the parking garages and having a tailgating field area would be cool as well. If anything the base/parking could use enhancements. You can't beat it's location and I don't see the point of tearing it down and rebuilding on the land or god forbid, move it somewhere else.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 1:02 AM
NOLA Razorback

Algiers Point Riverfront

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...incart_m-rpt-2

Here's an interesting proposal, I actually really like the idea of this. Not to mention that plot of land is very underutilized, and the views would be amazing from there.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 1:28 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
I personally always thought a glass/clear roof would be cool, doesn't have to open. I really do love the dome/history/building and would love to see it have a long life. I think them taking out one of the parking garages and having a tailgating field area would be cool as well. If anything the base/parking could use enhancements. You can't beat it's location and I don't see the point of tearing it down and rebuilding on the land or god forbid, move it somewhere else.
The company they hired is very good at reinventing older stadiums.. the next renovation will much more dramatic than the previous one and certainly the large garages especially facing poydras and champions square need to go..

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 1:44 AM
life is good

South Market District is looking great, thanks for the photos Tennis!

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 2:21 AM

Quote:
http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...incart_m-rpt-2

Here's an interesting proposal, I actually really like the idea of this. Not to mention that plot of land is very underutilized, and the views would be amazing from there.
I always thought that developing the lakefront with high rises/retail/dining would add a whole other dimension to New Orleans and expand its appeal. I realize that residents that live along the lakefront are against any sort of development, though. IMO, I'd rather have a view modern high-rises with resort-like designs than a levee if I were living around that area. Even just a board walk with cool shops and restaurants would make Lake Pontchartrain a hotspot for NOLA residents and tourists.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 2:55 AM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAtoTX View Post
I always thought that developing the lakefront with high rises/retail/dining would add a whole other dimension to New Orleans and expand its appeal. I realize that residents that live along the lakefront are against any sort of development, though. IMO, I'd rather have a view modern high-rises with resort-like designs than a levee if I were living around that area. Even just a board walk with cool shops and restaurants would make Lake Pontchartrain a hotspot for NOLA residents and tourists.
Well this is regarding the riverfront in Algiers Point. But I agree with you on the lakefront. Especially by the marina. I know some efforts are being made but I'd really love to see Pontchartrain Beach come back

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 1:19 PM

With regard to the Superdome, I expect a dramatic phyical change to the exterior. You'll see some big changes inside as well, but to get the Super Bowl again, they need more than interior changes. They need that "wow" factor that makes people think it's a different building. I wouldn't be surprised to see part of the garage on Poydras torn down with a beautiful glass atrium to welcome visitors to the Superdome. (This is just how I envision it and I could be very wrong)

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 1:22 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
With regard to the Superdome, I expect a dramatic phyical change to the exterior. You'll see some big changes inside as well, but to get the Super Bowl again, they need more than interior changes. They need that "wow" factor that makes people think it's a different building. I wouldn't be surprised to see part of the garage on Poydras torn down with a beautiful glass atrium to welcome visitors to the Superdome. (This is just how I envision it and I could be very wrong)
I don't think your far off from what happens ... much more transparency to the structure is very likely ... the main question is what the roof can support change wise ...

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 4:19 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
I don't think your far off from what happens ... much more transparency to the structure is very likely ... the main question is what the roof can support change wise ...
Isn't Gensler the architecture firm on it? If so I agree they do really great stuff, especially for stadiums.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 7:12 PM
-

Quote:
Isn't Gensler the architecture firm on it? If so I agree they do really great stuff, especially for stadiums.
yes

https://www.gensler.com/

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 8:00 PM

Air Canada Plane at MSY

When I was passing the airport at lunch I noticed a wide body Air Canada Rouge plane at one of the C concourse gates. The Toronto AC flight uses a small Embraer so I thought it was weird. I looked it up online and saw it was a direct flight from Montreal that landed today at 12:07 and then it departed MSY for Stockholm at 2:40. I can't find any info on Air Canada's website for either of the flights but found the 2 flights on FlightAware. Anybody know anything about this?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...415Z/CYUL/KMSY

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...930Z/KMSY/ESSA

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlrush1 View Post
When I was passing the airport at lunch I noticed a wide body Air Canada Rouge plane at one of the C concourse gates. The Toronto AC flight uses a small Embraer so I thought it was weird. I looked it up online and saw it was a direct flight from Montreal that landed today at 12:07 and then it departed MSY for Stockholm at 2:40. I can't find any info on Air Canada's website for either of the flights but found the 2 flights on FlightAware. Anybody know anything about this?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...415Z/CYUL/KMSY

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...930Z/KMSY/ESSA
Hi Eric, you should post that here:

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...6677&start=200

Someone may be able to give you an answer.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 10:09 PM
NOLA Razorback

FQ Riverfront

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...1bd01a180.html

Here's some more good news, the city is swapping the railway for the governor nicholls wharves at the end of the quarter so now their will be uninterrupted access along the river front for the public! Would be interesting if down the road the riverfront streetcar line could be extended all the way to the end of the world in the bywater. That would be huge for the Marginy/bywater residents, especially if they connected the rampart line to it on Elysian Fields, and if it ever goes all the way down st Claude they could connect it to the riverfront at Poland.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 11:29 PM
-

Quote:
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...1bd01a180.html

Here's some more good news, the city is swapping the railway for the governor nicholls wharves at the end of the quarter so now their will be uninterrupted access along the river front for the public! Would be interesting if down the road the riverfront streetcar line could be extended all the way to the end of the world in the bywater. That would be huge for the Marginy/bywater residents, especially if they connected the rampart line to it on Elysian Fields, and if it ever goes all the way down st Claude they could connect it to the riverfront at Poland.
I think thats a great idea long tern and maybe extend riverfront line to trade district and down either jackson or louisiana back to st charles

Old Posted Jun 8, 2017, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Well this is regarding the riverfront in Algiers Point. But I agree with you on the lakefront. Especially by the marina. I know some efforts are being made but I'd really love to see Pontchartrain Beach come back
My mistake!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2017, 4:10 AM

The swap out of the Public Belt to the port and the wharves to the city is one of those big transformative projects much like the Lafitte Greenway is turning out to be. Can't wait to see what the plans look like for a linear park along the river. Completely agree on the streetcar line extension too. Much easier to get the line extended down the river to Poland Ave. now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations