HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 3:18 AM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenlivet Ave View Post
You tried to post a link to your Gmail, instead of to an actual image file. But you probably already noticed that.

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 8:00 PM
ハルウララ

May 28, 2018

flickr, all photos mine

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 12:23 AM

I really like the effect this building has on city views. From some angles its just right, from others, it feels like it could be a few storeys taller. It definitely adds some dynamism to the area.

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhall View Post
I really like the effect this building has on city views. From some angles its just right, from others, it feels like it could be a few storeys taller. It definitely adds some dynamism to the area.
With this, SOHO, and that other tower on Lisgar it's finally starting to seem dense along that Bank corridor. Another 10 years and it would be great to see a few more towers stretching down Bank from the CBD. Like a mini Young St :-)

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Town Hockey View Post
With this, SOHO, and that other tower on Lisgar it's finally starting to seem dense along that Bank corridor. Another 10 years and it would be great to see a few more towers stretching down Bank from the CBD. Like a mini Young St :-)
I've thought the same thing. Looking down Bank it feel like it should be lined with taller buildings. I've said to myself a few times that Yonge could be an example of what's possible on Bank. I don't know if it'll happen until there's LRT under Bank.

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 1:16 AM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhall View Post
It would be great if it were four or five stories taller, IMO, but I agree that it fills in views from some spots nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Town Hockey View Post
Centretown is slowly starting to get denser and denser. Bowery and Gotham have done well to supply Centretown West with a few more residents and it's starting to feel busier along Somerset and Bank. The three you've mentioned will do the same for Bank and Elgin. These combined with a few infill projects we're still waiting to have come online will do a lot to fill in holes and provide for more bodies in this part of town.

The developments at Lebreton, Bayview, and Preston & Carling are going to be the marquee projects of course but they will still supply a higher density of people in the core as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbottawa View Post
I've thought the same thing. Looking down Bank it feel like it should be lined with taller buildings. I've said to myself a few times that Yonge could be an example of what's possible on Bank. I don't know if it'll happen until there's LRT under Bank.
I tend to agree. It's discussed ad nauseum on these forums but I really feel like we should be planning for a subway under Bank to begin service in 2030 or somewhere around there.

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 2:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbottawa View Post
I like the mid-rise style building at Gladstone. Bank has been densifying really nicely, even without really tall buildings.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 11:35 AM

Taken near Carleton University by me

Old Posted Jun 20, 2018, 10:08 PM
ハルウララ

June 20, 2018

flickr, by me

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 5:35 PM
Kickass User

Lamb Development will be doing a "VIP" sale soon slightly targeted to investors - 5% off prices, 5% down, closing costs and dev fee's capped at $5K, free property management for two years, free rent guarantee for two years.

Occupancy should be starting in October of this year.

www.MattRichling.com
www.NewPurveyors.com

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 1:13 PM

It's only a matter of time until Lamb starts doing additional projects in Ottawa, as the ones done already, have had pretty decent results...

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis137 View Post
It's only a matter of time until Lamb starts doing additional projects in Ottawa, as the ones done already, have had pretty decent results...
I don't think so. I think he had enough of a headache with the SoBa and Gotham that he's pulled out. Didn't he sell his proposal on Bronson to someone else?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 8:37 PM

The crane came down June 30

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanarchit View Post
I don't think so. I think he had enough of a headache with the SoBa and Gotham that he's pulled out. Didn't he sell his proposal on Bronson to someone else?
Aw, I'm going to really miss the low key humble persona of Brad Lamb.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2018, 6:05 PM

What were his headaches with SoBa?

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
Aw, I'm going to really miss the low key humble persona of Brad Lamb.
Hahah. As someone who lived through the nightmare that was pre-construction Gotham, good fucking riddance. I hope he lost a shit ton of money here.

We still don't even have control over our own condo board because Lamb installed his brother Brett and his stooge Jordan onto our board with the number of votes they had through leftover units and units they had purchased themselves through a shell company owned by Brett Lamb from what I understand (our first AGM was interesting...it was mainly 3 hours of 40+ owners ripping on Brett and Jordan for co-opting our condo board before they proceeded to vote for themselves and take 2 of the 3 seats).

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 9:36 PM

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 4:25 PM

That blank grey wall is a little ugly...any future plans for that? Maybe some art mural?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcphoenix View Post
Hahah. As someone who lived through the nightmare that was pre-construction Gotham, good fucking riddance. I hope he lost a shit ton of money here.

We still don't even have control over our own condo board because Lamb installed his brother Brett and his stooge Jordan onto our board with the number of votes they had through leftover units and units they had purchased themselves through a shell company owned by Brett Lamb from what I understand (our first AGM was interesting...it was mainly 3 hours of 40+ owners ripping on Brett and Jordan for co-opting our condo board before they proceeded to vote for themselves and take 2 of the 3 seats).
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onlpat/...nlii67700.html

Well he is stuck with LPAT/OMB issues in Toronto. My heart bleeds. Rather modest name for his company. Not sure if it is named after the architectural movement or the band that brought us Bela Legosi's dead.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueNacho View Post
That blank grey wall is a little ugly...any future plans for that? Maybe some art mural?
While I agree I am still overall happy with the massing of this building, it's something different. I hope the cladding and glazing are good...looks good so far.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa