HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 8, 2009, 8:09 PM

Decision 2010: Calgary Municipal Election

I thought I'd make a new thread about this topic. Everytime you read a local online news article, bronconnier and his city council crew get hammered. First the pedestrian bridges to "encourage" [encourage: a word used in planning which really is meant to say force], people to take transit and drive less. But then buys the cecil for $10M, with plans to build a parkade - at essentially the other end of one of two $25M pedestrian bridges...IMO spending is out of control on City Council's behalf. Let's not forget about the raises each council member gave themselves during an economic downturn

Another area of concern is taxation. We're going through a recession and the only thing this council can think of are ways to take our money: recycling tax, red and green light camera taxes, making people pay for parking at transit stations. I do not plan on voting for bronconier next election. And for the first time I'll admit, I'm going to pay attention to the platforms of potential aldermen in my ward.

The next municipal election for Calgary is in October of 2010, it's going to be heated and current members of city hall going to get torn up

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy