HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 5:14 AM

The Observation Deck bar IMO will make the biggest difference in terms of first impressions. Walk in and you will immediately see a big bar overlooking the atrium, filled with people.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
The Observation Deck bar IMO will make the biggest difference in terms of first impressions. Walk in and you will immediately see a big bar overlooking the atrium, filled with people.
Haven't seen what they changed in the renos but Observation Deck has been there at least two seasons now, maybe more.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 3:22 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Haven't seen what they changed in the renos but Observation Deck has been there at least two seasons now, maybe more.
It has - but it's much more interconnected to the concourse now, and the layout is a bit changed. They took out a bunch of walls between columns to basically completely open that part of the concourse.

It's much more of a public bar similar to the other ones at the southeast and southwest corner of the upper deck concourse.

The relocation of the upper deck concourse Tim Hortons is a bit clumsy though. Take the slowest serving and most popular concession, move it to a location 1/4 of it's original size, and yeah - gridlock. Right outside my section too.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 3:26 PM

^ It used to be easy to get Tim's at MTS Centre but TNSE seems to be downplaying it now. Trying to steer fans to $10 beers and $5 soft drinks?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 3:28 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ It used to be easy to get Tim's at MTS Centre but TNSE seems to be downplaying it now. Trying to steer fans to $10 beers and $5 soft drinks?
Yep. They did basically change it from a full service Tims to just a coffee and timbit location now though. But still - slow.

Minor grips about the Tims aside - the concourses are downright fancy now - dare I say "Big League"...?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
It was nowhere near an actual bar. It was a portable bar with limited selection and some tables, generally closed early as well. They have now built a permanent, full-service bar similar to the ones they built in the corners of the 300s when they expanded the concourse. They also either added a (or moved the) 300-level Jets Gear there, on top of the existing atrium one - so it should do a lot to bring more people out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Yep. They did basically change it from a full service Tims to just a coffee and timbit location now though. But still - slow.

Minor grips about the Tims aside - the concourses are downright fancy now - dare I say "Big League"...?
They used to add Tims coffee to some concessions once winter was in full swing. Sure they will again.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
didnt they add a few more tims locations now though?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilkountry View Post
didnt they add a few more tims locations now though?
Tim's coffee will be available at multiple locations

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 7:51 PM
BANNED

Who won and how did the Jets look?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 7:53 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
Who won and how did the Jets look?
Minnesota. 3-2 SO.

The game was a bit choppy because it was basically penalty after penalty. For both teams. It was a bit ridiculous.

Jets probably should have won, but we got out-goalied.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Minnesota. 3-2 SO.

Jets probably should have won, but we got out-goalied.
A far too common theme

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 2:20 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLLB View Post
A far too common theme
Helle's saving percentage was 0.944% so he could not have played to bad.

I've heard Poolman was getting rave reviews, considering it was his first NHL action, and is expected to be a third pairing defensemen. Sadly, Logan Stanley was said to look pretty out of place.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 4:33 AM

Poolman looked fantastic – definitely the most NHL ready of all the young guys. He could be this season's Morrissey in terms of breakout star. Scheifele and Perrault also looked great.

Hellebuyck played really well, looked very solid - Minni's goalie was just out-of-this-world though. And he was the backup in Iowa last year.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 12:28 PM
BANNED

Well the Jets are 0-2. Maurice is coaching so it should be another year of not making the playoffs.

At least Poolman looks impressive.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 11:12 PM

For those with tons of Marriott/Starwood points, two seats in the Starwood box for Jets vs. Kings at the Staples Center for 25,000 Starpoints:

https://auction.starwoodhotels.com/redeem/moment/4984

While the Jets vs. Rangers game at MSG hasn't posted yet, two seats in the Starwood box at MSG for other games are now at 55,000 Starpoints (!)

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
Well the Jets are 0-2. Maurice is coaching so it should be another year of not making the playoffs.

At least Poolman looks impressive.
Nothing will change until they get rid of him. His record speaks for itself.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 3:17 PM

It's pre-season. Jets team is essentially determined. There's nor reason and no motivations for the top guys to go all out.

I found the game last night more interesting than the first two simply for that reason. All the guys out there are fighting for a couple NHL spots.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 3:21 PM

Yeah you can literally never gather anything from pre-season. It means absolutely nothing... it's just tryouts for the bottom roster spots, at best.

I agree Poolman looks great, he'll definitely be in the minors though. Only would get called up likely if we lose 2 D-men.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 9:00 AM

Funny @Jets4Life,

I distinctly remember you trying to discredit any knowledge I had as both a general hockey fan and someone who understands player depth (defensemen in particular) for being hot on Poolman earlier this year. You basically shot down my ideas as ludicrous. Turns out I was pretty on the money, at least with Poolman's development as a player. Funny considering my excitement and belief in his abilities as a great prospect was shot down due to being someone who knew nothing about hockey...

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 10:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
Funny @Jets4Life,

I distinctly remember you trying to discredit any knowledge I had as both a general hockey fan and someone who understands player depth (defensemen in particular) for being hot on Poolman earlier this year. You basically shot down my ideas as ludicrous. Turns out I was pretty on the money, at least with Poolman's development as a player. Funny considering my excitement and belief in his abilities as a great prospect was shot down due to being someone who knew nothing about hockey...
You come in here just to post about something I supposedly said to you perhaps a year ago just to start a fight?

1. Can you provide the exact quote I said since I have no recollection of this.

2. You are really something for bringing up an argument that happened half a year ago. Get over yourself.

*edit...i found the post you were inferring to. I will paste it later. You claim:

1. Poolman will be a top 4 defenseman (highly unlikely)
2. Enstrom is garbage and should be off the Jets (I disagree)
3. Logan Stanley is a beast and going to be one of our top defenseman in future (no chance)

I never said Poolman was not a good prospect. I said Poolman will probably be a RHD slightly better than Postma, but not as good as Myers, Byfuglien, and Trouba. You were hyping him up to be the next best thing, when in reality he will be a bottom pairing d-man.

In terms of the left side, Morrissey, Kulikov, Enstrom will be in our top 6. Poolman will most likely either be the 7th d-man or sent down to the AHL at the start of the year. I like Poolman but I'm still uncertain he will crack the roster other than press box or replacing an injured player.

I'm far more confident that Niku, who happens to be 4 years younger than Poolman, will crack the regular lineup after a season of adjustment in the AHL. As for you declaring Stanley a "beast" and our future star LHD, I think you are full of hot air, as referring to yourself as bragging that you are an expert at judging defensemen. Stanley's a bust and will be lucky to ever make it on the Jets lineup. Valabik II.

Last edited by Jets4Life; Sep 23, 2017 at 11:48 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan