HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 17, 2007, 9:20 AM
BANNED

Regina: Novia Cafe to go ?

http://www.mysask.com/portal/site/pc...CacheTok=token

Looks like further progress downtown with character buildings being demolished for more parking lots.

Yippee !!

Council should not approve this possible move, make them restore the buildings and bolster the transit system so parking demand is lowered.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2007, 1:53 PM
arf

Why does Regina keep pissing in my cornflakes? I hope I'm back once more before everything's gone.

Bye Novia. Thanks for the coffees.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Feb 17, 2007, 4:55 PM

Thumbs down Novia Building Demolition?

Ya, I heard about this. Harvard Developments should be ashamed of itself. It claims to be the saviour of downtown by investing so much into it, but yet it wants to destroy a building in a heritage area to put a parking lot? A parking lot wedged between the tower and that corner building would be a total disaster. It would discourage pedestrian traffic anywhere west of Scarth on 12th and therefore prevent any chance of small business activity eventually spreading in that direction. Not to mention it would look like Bobby Clark's smile. I will lose all faith in Regina's political system if council approves this "development." I wouldn't be so against demolishing this building if Harvard was proposing a new one. But no, a PARKING LOT!!??

Old Posted Feb 17, 2007, 5:51 PM
BANNED

Don't lose faith, just get out an vote against those that continue in this manner. It is disgraceful, we will have no history left and when you don't know your history, your bound to repeat it.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2007, 3:30 AM

we really need to make ourselves heard, this is a travesty

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan