HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion

Old Posted Aug 3, 2008, 1:07 AM
I'm just joking.

Where/What is this building?

Ok fourmers, I need your help. I recently watched the Canadian B (I don't think there will ever be a "A" Canadian horror/sci fi movie ) movie "Decoys". The movie was filmed in the Ottawa area in 2004 and sets allot of itself on the University of Ottawa campus. Although i recognized most of the locations used, there was one building I was not familiar with. this on:

Decoys Film/ My Movies Download

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0357585/

Anyone know. I want to say its in Sandy Hill but I have never seen it before. And I would think those Greek columns would give it anyway.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2008, 1:10 AM
I'm just joking.

*Edit. I think this should be moved to "General Discussion".

Old Posted Aug 3, 2008, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathgrith View Post
Ok fourmers, I need your help. I recently watched the Canadian B (I don't think there will ever be a "A" Canadian horror/sci fi movie ) movie "Decoys". The movie was filmed in the Ottawa area in 2004 and sets allot of itself on the University of Ottawa campus. Although i recognized most of the locations used, there was one building I was not familiar with. this on:

Decoys Film/ My Movies Download

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0357585/

Anyone know. I want to say its in Sandy Hill but I have never seen it before. And I would think those Greek columns would give it anyway.

I remember walking through the set of decoys when they were filming this at U of O several years back. They did it in winter (December?) I have no idea where that building is. It definitely does not belong to U of O.

There has been a number of movies made at U of O for the lifetime network in the US. Often parts of them are filmed here and parts of them in Montreal.

I love watching them go through and Americanize the campus with USPS mailboxes and by covering up every single bilingual sign in sight. All the bilingual no parking and stop signs much be a real pain....

Old Posted Aug 3, 2008, 1:54 AM
Elle est déjà vide!

Looks to me like the old convent behind Ste-Anne church in Lowertown, on what used to be called Anglesea Square before urban "renewal".

Old Posted Aug 19, 2008, 1:28 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

I believe this is Tabaret Hall at the University of Ottawa, though it's not the main entrance to the building.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2008, 2:22 AM
Elle est déjà vide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I believe this is Tabaret Hall at the University of Ottawa, though it's not the main entrance to the building.
Look again Acajack, that's not Tabaret. I know the facade and the Greek lettering (but not the two ladies)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion