HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 6:39 AM

Good news for London and refreshing change for the concrete apt towers that have sprung up in the last 20 years. Bods well for the core.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 2:07 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoto View Post
Watch the video from CTV News!!!

WOW It's about Time!!!!

http://london.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=293926
Awesome. You haven't posted in a long time!
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2014, 9:01 PM
Londoner

Yes!!!! I was waiting for big News For DT London!!! And it is here!!!!

Old Posted Mar 3, 2014, 6:42 AM

Hey I read somewhere that this thing is supposed to start tomorrow(I'm in BC)(I might be crazy) but if I'm not and someone else read that too, could one of you guys could take a stroll down to the site and see if anything is going on that would be great.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2014, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky212 View Post
Hey I read somewhere that this thing is supposed to start tomorrow(I'm in BC)(I might be crazy) but if I'm not and someone else read that too, could one of you guys could take a stroll down to the site and see if anything is going on that would be great.
Last I heard was everything was approved but did not hear that they were starting prep already...would be amazing if that was the case.

The sooner this gets started the better.

Here is the most recent article I saw on it http://www.lfpress.com/2014/02/25/council-briefs

Last edited by MrSlippery519; Mar 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 10:13 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoto View Post
Watch the video from CTV News!!!

WOW It's about Time!!!!

http://london.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=293926

Congrats London! This is progress for the downtown.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 2:05 PM

Rygar is not happy about potential development charges for the new building and who can blame them.

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/04/01/co...ns-to-pull-out

Also, i found this on am980's website. Possible second tower at the site?

"In addition to the highrise, Rygar has further plans for the area. Patton writes the company moved forward with acquiring a heritage property directly abutting to the north with the intention of restoring the homes, and a portion of those properties being incorporated into the project. Rygar is also actively pursuing a second complementary apartment tower on the same block."

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 7:23 PM
User Registered

Hey,

Hey you, London,

Don't screw this up.

Thanks,
-Everyone

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 9:40 PM
Sanity merchant

Hey, hey you Londonupsidedownface, don't fuck this up. I'm cereal!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 11:25 PM

Sounds like a typical London move... Developer wants to build the biggest skyscraper ever for London and council throws some more hoops in the form of development charges, since downtown is apparently under-serviced. Kill the a future golden goose while it's still in the womb...

Old Posted Apr 3, 2014, 5:00 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^hell, they need the money to develop yet more serviced industrial land to attract all those factories that have moved to China.
Chasing the chickens after they have flown the coop. Asinine incorporated.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2014, 12:08 PM

From what I am hearing, there will be an additional tower from Rygar on this site and will be around the same height as the first tower.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 1:37 PM

^^^ Interesting, that would be pretty amazing. Hopefully its not a "twin" and has at least a slightly varied design and height.

Not that I would complain either way if two 100m towers get built

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
^^^ Interesting, that would be pretty amazing. Hopefully its not a "twin" and has at least a slightly varied design and height.

Not that I would complain either way if two 100m towers get built
I would doubt that it be a twin. If you go on the website of the architects (http://www.eirichmond.com) and browse their projects, they are pretty classy, at least by London's standards - i.e. - no identical twins.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTallNorth2 View Post
From what I am hearing, there will be an additional tower from Rygar on this site and will be around the same height as the first tower.
A second tower can't possibly be located on the same land parcel: there simply isn't room for it. If this is actually the case, more land will have had to have been acquired.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post
A second tower can't possibly be located on the same land parcel: there simply isn't room for it. If this is actually the case, more land will have had to have been acquired.
They are definitely buying more land if they haven't already. This is from am980.

"In addition to the highrise, Rygar has further plans for the area. Patton writes the company moved forward with acquiring a heritage property directly abutting to the north with the intention of restoring the homes, and a portion of those properties being incorporated into the project. Rygar is also actively pursuing a second complementary apartment tower on the same block."

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTallNorth2 View Post
They are definitely buying more land if they haven't already. This is from am980.

OK - I get it now. Buh-by Hakim Optical. Looks like this could now be a renaissance-scale project.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 12:10 PM
User Registered

One step at a time. Let's worry about getting the first tower u/c before something stupid happens.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 1:07 PM
The Vomit Bag.

what about that HSR trial balloon announced by Wynn et al.?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 10:39 AM

Well, it looks like Rygar has indeed bought those heritage row houses at 79-85 Talbot Street. It is stated in Business London magazine in their commercial transactions page. So, it looks like they will be incorporated into the project along with a second tower eventually. Waiting for this to break ground...hopefully this year!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates