HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 3:18 PM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2017 in Fez, Morocco

After a wonderful time in Egypt before the revolution, I headed back to Africa almost 7 years later. This time, I set off to Morocco for a cheap Easter getaway. It's a long trip - 2 flights of 8 hours each.

Let's start with some street markets. Fez's medina is a chaotic wonderland, with winding alleys full of different shops, donkey carts coming through, and everyday folks buying their daily needs. It is not a tourist market by any means, but nevertheless a great place for tourists to wander, get lost, and explore for hours.

I have read there are maps of this place, but I really think you need a guide to fish you out of being lost. There are so many alleys and turns you are bound to be lost every 10 seconds.

Tanneries are usually located near water and away from residential areas due to the intense stench arising from leather production. Luckily, I didn't need a mint leaf against my nose to see the workers treating animal hides in such treacherous conditions.

More photos on my website : http://www.globalphotos.org/fez.htm

My other Africa adventure - Egypt : Cairo | Edfu | Aswan

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 8:48 PM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

It's a fascinating city.

Old Posted May 24, 2017, 3:18 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

hey secret -- cool city!

Old Posted May 27, 2017, 5:33 AM
Hong Kong

Sahrij Medersa dates from the 14th century and contains exquisite carvings ... everywhere ...

Established in the 9th century, Karaouiyine Mosque is also one of the oldest universities in the world. Unfortunately, non-Muslims are not allowed to enter, so I had to peek through the door for a view of the spacious interior.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 1:50 AM
Hong Kong

Head up the hills for some nice views of the city.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos