HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
The only thing I would change about this one is the height of Brookfield Place West, it will be 8 meters taller than City Centre I, but in tis image it looks 20 meters shorter. I understand the aspect ratio is different because CC is 2 blocks closer to the photographer than BP West, but it would still look at least as tall, I think.

And I agree with drto, we will have one of the best skylines on the continent by 2018 - 2020.
Correct. This image is from last year, it really needs an update. On top of Brookfield Place West, the Concord Pacific building has changed from a curved building into two towers, some west end projects need to be added like Vogue and Grosvenor, Telus needs to be better rendered (just quickly added it in yesterday), some East Village buildings, plus the Eau Claire 7-tower project (stand-ins for now), International Hotel 2, not to mention the 1000+ footer on the IOL lot...()

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 6:51 PM
Round Head

Also Eau Claire Tower will probably appear taller than depicted here. It's basically the same height as the shorter Centennial Place towers.

I always love your renderings - fun to get a peak at the future.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Correct. This image is from last year, it really needs an update. On top of Brookfield Place West, the Concord Pacific building has changed from a curved building into two towers, some west end projects need to be added like Vogue and Grosvenor, Telus needs to be better rendered (just quickly added it in yesterday), some East Village buildings, plus the Eau Claire 7-tower project (stand-ins for now), International Hotel 2, not to mention the 1000+ footer on the IOL lot...()
No need to explain or apologize CtrlAltDel. You sir, are a stud!

Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 4:59 AM

Looking forward to those day pics CAD

Old Posted Aug 4, 2013, 1:51 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Thanks everyone. I should have explained or labelled what I added to the image...
From left to right: EAP2, Alura, 3 Eau Claire, Palliser Buildings (correct, one "ball" is missing, my bad), Brookfield Calgary West and East, Telus Sky, and both Guardian buildings.

2018 may be optimistic, but who really knows in this city. I also didn't think I'd be adding 2 new tall towers so soon after The Bow.

Edit: Also did a quick update to this North image, adding Telus Sky in the back. I have an updated daytime picture I will post in a few days. Till then...
Just wanted to bump these awesome renders to the new page.
Love the crescent hill view - great job CAD!
Not to jinx anything but it's looking like these will be actual views in 4 years as the major additions announced have a pretty solid chance of reaching completion.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 4:25 AM
ARTchitecture

The only one in those renders that might not be done by 2018 is Brookfield Place West Tower. I'd love to see a future render with Kings On Fourth included.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 5:35 AM

Kings on 4th will really add some height to the right of the second render! If it ever gets built!

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 1:42 PM
ARTchitecture

It's hard to believe that by 2020 we could have six towers over 200 meters, when we only had 1 completed over 200 meters in 2010. I wish Bankers Hall had been just a bit taller, even still, we will basically have 8 towers major office towers over 600 feet

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 7:30 PM
ARTchitecture

Sorry for the two posts in a row, but I just realized if all 3 of our current 200+ meter proposals are built, we will have the same amount of 200+ meter towers as Dallas, a city with a metropolitan area 5 times our size! Crazy.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 7:54 PM

Amazing work as usual CtrlAltDel, can't wait to see your renderings come to life in several years!

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 8:10 PM
Great White Norf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Not sure why everyone adds a superfluous e to the end of of Concord....
Me thinks it's because of this

and CAD, great renders man! It's exciting times to live in Calgary, especially when you're a skyscraper geek

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 8:13 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIGS View Post
Me thinks it's because of this
Concorde, such a beauty.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 8:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry for the two posts in a row, but I just realized if all 3 of our current 200+ meter proposals are built, we will have the same amount of 200+ meter towers as Dallas, a city with a metropolitan area 5 times our size! Crazy.
What's the third proposal over 200m, Kings on 4th?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 9:04 PM
Look up, Waaaaaay up

Every time this thread is bumped by anyone who isn't CtrlAltDel, Jeebus drowns a kitten.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 9:17 PM
Acey

Quote:
They have 2 over 270 though, I wouldn't mind trading Bankers and Centennial to get a 270 m. Seems fair.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 9:46 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring2008 View Post
What's the third proposal over 200m, Kings on 4th?
That's the one I was thinking, yes.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2013, 6:21 AM

I'd take a 270 meter and give both Livingston Place bldgs. and Centennial 1 & 2!

Old Posted Aug 8, 2013, 2:03 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

CtrlAltDel just dropped this beauty on twitter:

Old Posted Aug 8, 2013, 2:29 PM

WOW you just made my day with that rendering, that is smexy! I can't believe how much Suncor will shrink within 10 years when it was our tallest for almost 30 years. Now we just need some 700 footers on our west end to balance out the skyline. C'mon Kings on Fourth!

Old Posted Aug 8, 2013, 2:47 PM

Schawing!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates