HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 13, 2016, 5:30 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Why not make it tenant friendly and look great from the outside? Tenant features and interior obviously matter, but how the building looks on the skyline does too.

To answe your questiin, I think it does look great on the outside. Problem solved.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2016, 11:38 PM
weidncol

The only view I'm not entirely fond in is from the north, but even then, the amount of sheer dominance this tower will give off reminds me so much of the Twins, especially if it's next to 1. The dominance from the street will be even greater than from a skyline view. I just wish they either put a world-class resturant at the top, like WoW, or at least an outdoor deck.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 3:55 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
To answe your questiin, I think it does look great on the outside. Problem solved.
You think so, and you're entitled to your opinion but I think it could be so much better.

I'll probably get used to it... and it is imposing, I'll give it that.

Quote:
The only view I'm not entirely fond in is from the north, but even then, the amount of sheer dominance this tower will give off reminds me so much of the Twins, especially if it's next to 1. The dominance from the street will be even greater than from a skyline view. I just wish they either put a world-class resturant at the top, like WoW, or at least an outdoor deck.
Yea that's my least favorite view of it too. If that side were more graceful I'd probably be totally fine with the whole building.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 10:55 PM

The render as requested

Old Posted Sep 17, 2016, 1:14 AM
New Yorker for life

^ Very cool. Now, if you please, go back and add 80 South St and 45 Broad. That will blow us away.

There'll be a tower here one day replacing the void...

HugeWoody

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 10:56 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...o-hudson-yards

BlackRock narrows search for new headquarters office
The investment firm is no longer considering moving its Park Avenue office to 2 World Trade Center

By Daniel Geiger

Quote:
The investment company, which currently has its offices in two buildings just off Park Avenue, is considering space in either one of two proposed towers in the West Side neighborhood. Sources said the firm is also still seriously weighing a renewal of its present space in the office buildings 40 and 55 E. 52nd St. BlackRock has 2,800 employees in the city.

Out of the running is lower Manhattan, where the firm in recent months had considered anchoring a new office tower at 2 World Trade Center.

On the far West Side, BlackRock is eyeing 50 Hudson Yards, a tower that developers the Related Cos. and Oxford Properties Group are planning to build on the corner of West 33rd Street and 10th Avenue. BlackRock is also considering space in a 1,005-foot-tall, 2.85 million-square-foot building that landlord Tishman Speyer is planning one block north of 50 Hudson Yards. The Spiral, Tishman Speyer's project, is designed by architect Bjarke Ingels and features exterior terraces that resemble a staircase.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 1:34 AM

Old Posted Sep 30, 2016, 1:15 AM
New Yorker for life

^ Almost thought it was 45 Broad. Speakibg of which, check that thread.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 12:11 AM

Here's a better render I did today

Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 12:39 AM

Is that the flood barrier that BIG is designing in the bottom?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 1:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwayze1994 View Post
Is that the flood barrier that BIG is designing in the bottom?
Yup, the BIG U

Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 7:33 AM

Very Nice skyline can Someone show for me a central Park Tower with a spire

Old Posted Oct 10, 2016, 9:55 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Bjarke Ingels will build you the tower of your dreams — just don’t ask him to sign the paperwork

Quote:
Bjarke Ingels’ client list in the U.S. includes Silverstein Properties, Tishman Speyer and Google. He’s been honored with seemingly every accolade and his perma-smirk graces the cover of several American magazines.
But in the eyes of Uncle Sam, he’s a hack.

The Danish architect said U.S. officials don’t acknowledge his credentials because they don’t recognize his education at Escola Tècnica Superior d’Arquitectura in Barcelona and the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts. This, he said, caused some problems in getting licensed in New York.

“After months and months and all kinds of lawyer bills, I get a polite letter saying that they don’t acknowledge my education and I can go down the route of professional internships,” Ingels said, winning laughter from the audience at the New Yorker Festival Sunday. His firm, Bjarke Ingels Group, was able to work around this obstacle because some of its partners are licensed. Ingels is far from alone in this: Several high-profile, foreign-educated architects, including the late Zaha Hadid, have worked with locally-licensed firms because they were not authorized to work in New York.

Ingels, speaking with the New Yorker’s Ian Parker, discussed his design for 2 World Trade Center, which he had drawn up with Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. and 21st Century Fox empire in mind. He envisioned open floor plans and heaps of outdoor space, but with Murdoch out of the picture and Silverstein on the lookout for a new anchor tenant, that design could change.

“I think a lot of aspects of the design have a lot of merit that maybe are more universal than were specific for Fox and News Corp.,” Ingels said. “But I also think that if someone were to show up who had different and highly specific requirements then I think that could also be accommodated.”
Larry Silverstein has indicated he will stick with Ingels’ design, but that construction on the 2.8 million square-foot tower will have to wait until a new anchor is found.

Ingels noted change is always part of the process. After all, Norman Foster was jettisoned even after the foundations had been poured with his design in mind.

“It’s always too early to celebrate in architecture,” Ingels said. “Once that tenant has been found, we’ll know.”

Foster’s diamond-shape design was perfect for a law firm or financial institution but wouldn’t appeal to a media company, Ingels said. In a fairly accurate impression of Silverstein’s voice, he recounted the developer’s concerns that his design would stand out as an “alien newcomer” among the other buildings, which had been designed in tandem by different architects working in the same room of 7 World Trade Center.
==========================
http://therealdeal.com/2016/10/10/bj...k-him-to-sign/

Old Posted Oct 10, 2016, 9:58 PM

I don't know why you're happy. Silverstein said he is going to stick with the BIG concept.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2016, 10:00 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I don't know why you're happy. Silverstein said he is going to stick with the BIG concept.
Quote:
but with Murdoch out of the picture and Silverstein on the lookout for a new anchor tenant, that design could change.
That's why. In other words, based on the tenant that they get, we may not necessarily get the BIG design.

"Could change" are the key words. IF we get a financing tenant for example, the design will reflect the tenants need, so we may or may not get another redesign, but the possibility exists.

Quote:
“It’s always too early to celebrate in architecture,” Ingels said. “Once that tenant has been found, we’ll know.”
Kinda insinuates the possibility of such a thing happening (redesign).

Old Posted Oct 10, 2016, 10:05 PM

He could also get a tenant who want's to build a 3,500 foot tall tower, and build 1000 acres of park space along the east river, and spend $100,000,000,000 modernizing the subways, and set me up with his supermodel, billionaire daughter who likes to walk around in any one of her 18 houses in nothing but La Perla while seductively sticking her tongue out at me.

That doesn't mean it's a likely outcome, though.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2016, 10:12 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^

Of course, but it gives us hope that we may get something better than the Ingel design.

From a soft cost stage, 2 WTC has been a disaster. Its had absolutely no luck, and right now, at this stage with all of the competition, as long as something rises, I personally don't care what it is, but even if the low probability of a redesign exists, its at least a shot at getting something really spectacular.

We have a couple of tenants in the market. Pfizer is one, and I believe Blackrock. Both looking for new HQ's. Now, it would be nice to get Pfizer, but I think they will go for the Hudson Yards, just like Blackrock will most likely go for the Spiral (another Ingel's design). A tech company would be nice for 2 WTC. But it's a competitive market!

Can you blame tenants for not choosing 2 WTC? Its very expensive per sq-ft. Why not go for the better option, like HY. Ideally, 2 WTC filling up from numerous smaller tenants like law or hedge funds along with telecommunications would be the way. Similar to 1 WTC leasing history. Signing a deal for 1 mil sqft + is only for the big dogs in the market, and they are all flocking to the West Side.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2016, 9:02 AM
Firefightersfla

What is the really tall building to the far right close to the Staten Island Ferry?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2016, 11:31 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefightersfla View Post
What is the really tall building to the far right close to the Staten Island Ferry?
80 South Street. Proposal at the moment. One closest to the SI ferry in Lower Manhattan. In that rendering, over in the Lower East Side, we have 247 Cherry at 1000 + ft and 260 South Street. Both proposals at the moment and will change the LES; somewhat how 80 S. Street will change the Eastern flank of the downtown skyline.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2016, 12:57 AM
Ann Arbor, Pale Blue Dot

Next-gen gotham

Cool renderings; all-together these new building clusters are projecting nice new-age "Gotham" vibe in lower Manhattan. Almost as if you were to take Burton's '89 dramatic, super dense gothic skyline but updated with newer materials and facade choices. The boxes of the 70's are being crowded out (or in, depending on your tastes) nicely.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction