HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Mosaic Potash Hill Centre Tower III in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Sep 7, 2010, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
You betcha. As far as I remember, the city indicated with the traffic changes there would be no loss of on-street parking.
So its basically a one lane street in each direction with the exception of rush hour?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2010, 7:03 PM

[QUOTE=Stormer;4972884]After all these years I think we can finally say we have a tower under construction downtown. Graham is on site this morning (they won the contract). City crews are removing the street lights and parking meters and oh they cut down the ash trees, sniff.

Agreed! Someone should start an official thread in the Highrise forum. Regina will FINALLY have a thread in there!!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 1:24 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
Agreed! Someone should start an official thread in the Highrise forum. Regina will FINALLY have a thread in there!!
Done

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=184833

Also I found a pretty decent vantage point earlier today to post regular updates as construction goes along. Let me know what everyone thinks of this location, if its not satisfactory I'll keep loooking. (this pic I took earlier today, notice the barriers going up already)

Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeg View Post
So its basically a one lane street in each direction with the exception of rush hour?
Sections of both of those roadways will be impacted: the west parking and driving lanes on Hamilton near the construction site, the north parking and driving lanes on 12th Avenue from the alley between Scarth Street and Hamilton to the Hamilton intersection, all four lanes between that alley and Scarth Street, and the northern-most portion of Scarth Street right near the 12th Avenue intersection.

The City of Regina's Karen Gasmo admits a number of parking spaces have been closed as a result of the construction, including some on the north end of Scarth Street near 12th Avenue, where a U-turn has been set up.

"There will be some loss of parking, but we want to make sure we have as much access to businesses as possible," said Gasmo.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 3:46 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Done

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=184833

Also I found a pretty decent vantage point earlier today to post regular updates as construction goes along. Let me know what everyone thinks of this location, if its not satisfactory I'll keep loooking. (this pic I took earlier today, notice the barriers going up already)

I think that's a great vantage point for the first stages of construction.

Although you might want to find a secondary one for the later stages of construction. I think the building will rise above the frame of the photo. And maybe take a picture once a month or so from the other angle so you get the progression from start to end as well. But I guess you could probably just take the picture lengthwise up and down and that might be good enough.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 4:29 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I think that's a great vantage point for the first stages of construction.

Although you might want to find a secondary one for the later stages of construction. I think the building will rise above the frame of the photo. And maybe take a picture once a month or so from the other angle so you get the progression from start to end as well. But I guess you could probably just take the picture lengthwise up and down and that might be good enough.
You mean like this?

Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 5:36 PM

More activity at the site today with workers with axes, sledge hammers and crowbars chopping holes in the roof of one of the buildings. I have not seen any heavy equipment yet.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2010, 5:37 PM

Hoarding is being constructed around the site this morning. It appears that they are manually demolishing the north wall of the most northerly building. I presume that this is to avoid damage to the adjacent building, which I believe is Thee Lingerie Shop.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2010, 12:50 AM

From my cell phone last night...

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 1:03 AM

Gramham construction will be putting down some 500 piles for this new 100 million most beautiful tower, it would be nice if there was a web cam there to see construction progress .

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 3:57 AM

How do you know thefourthtower? Has there been any more info announced?

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 2:56 PM

Demo is now well underway:

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 3:47 PM

Is that all they have to demolish...or are they just doing it is phases? Is that third retail spot to the left not being torn down?

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Is that all they have to demolish...or are they just doing it is phases? Is that third retail spot to the left not being torn down?
That's it. The area is slightly wider than the twins.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 4:39 PM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Out of curiosity; does this office tower have underground parking?

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktrojan3921 View Post
Out of curiosity; does this office tower have underground parking?
Yes two levels

Old Posted Sep 16, 2010, 6:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
That's it. The area is slightly wider than the twins.
Hey Stormer, question for you, prior to demolition I noticed that they had spray painted the sidewalk, for what I thought was to mark the buildings being torn down. They also didn't renew leases on certain tenants, such as Muddy joes. But judging by what I've seen they have only torn down some of the vacant buildings, the most northerly ones are still standing, I think. What's the deal? I noticed in the render it looks like there is an empty space on the north side of tower 3, perhaps these other vacant buildings will get torn down at a later date? I could be wrong on this as I am basing this on one of the photos of what's been torn down..

Old Posted Sep 16, 2010, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicalRecession View Post
Hey Stormer, question for you, prior to demolition I noticed that they had spray painted the sidewalk, for what I thought was to mark the buildings being torn down. They also didn't renew leases on certain tenants, such as Muddy joes. But judging by what I've seen they have only torn down some of the vacant buildings, the most northerly ones are still standing, I think. What's the deal? I noticed in the render it looks like there is an empty space on the north side of tower 3, perhaps these other vacant buildings will get torn down at a later date? I could be wrong on this as I am basing this on one of the photos of what's been torn down..
You will note that in some of the renders buildings miraculously dissappear so that they can get a better view of the subject building. For example the TD Building is not there in some shots. As well with Cap Pointe the Viterra Building is gone.

If you find the link to the City's page on this thread that has the site plan you will see the building has only a slightly bigger footprint than Tower II. As well there is discussion in the City approval indicating that Harvard paid consideration to the City so they did not have to buy more property to the north to construct a bigger podium at the base of the building as required by the downtwn plan.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2010, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
You will note that in some of the renders buildings miraculously dissappear so that they can get a better view of the subject building. For example the TD Building is not there in some shots. As well with Cap Pointe the Viterra Building is gone.

If you find the link to the City's page on this thread that has the site plan you will see the building has only a slightly bigger footprint than Tower II. As well there is discussion in the City approval indicating that Harvard paid consideration to the City so they did not have to buy more property to the north to construct a bigger podium at the base of the building as required by the downtwn plan.
Downtown plan.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2010, 1:55 PM

Last edited by thefourthtower; Sep 17, 2010 at 2:14 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan