45 Broad Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 8:54 PM

Tight.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 3:34 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Good news in store. Concrete pouring has started.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 5:09 PM
Ω

Are there any renderings that show the impact on the skyline from a harbor view or less close-up?

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 5:23 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
Are there any renderings that show the impact on the skyline from a harbor view or less close-up?
Somewhat from the Harbor, although a mass model, not official rendering.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 8:05 PM
DENNAB

This building is pretty unique, definitely happy to see this rise.

Some sources like Wikipedia and Skyscraper Center still have this listed at 1,200 feet. I take it that's outdated?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 10:33 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: JC_Heights

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 10:42 PM
Ω

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Somewhat from the Harbor, although a mass model, not official rendering.
Thanks!

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 10:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
This building is pretty unique, definitely happy to see this rise.

Some sources like Wikipedia and Skyscraper Center still have this listed at 1,200 feet. I take it that's outdated?

Probably not that high, but the building tops out at 1,127 ft. However, that height doesn't include the parapet/crown that rises above that. Exactly how hight that is, I don't know. But it could be anywhere from 1,150 to 1,200 or so.

From this graphic, it's possible it could be 1,200 ft. You can see the difference between the often quoted 1,115 ft, and the top of 1,127 ft. Now compare to the parapet/crown.

Then there was this earlier nugget...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 11:06 PM
Ω

I'm apprehensive about how the black screen material (between the gold columns in the crown) will turn out.
And what is the material in those central three bays where there are no windows?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 11:20 PM
New Yorker for life

The crown looks a little different, depending on the rendering...

I think the material on the southside (the 3 vertical bays) just hides what would otherwise be a blank wall...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 4:06 PM
Ω

^ Thanks. Nice structural model.

I'm just wondering if the rendering is showing those blank wall bays as metal panel, concrete, glass. I can't really tell what material it's supposed to be. Glass or metal panel could be nice.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2018, 12:52 AM

Old Posted Oct 8, 2018, 12:49 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Too long to post but a good read: "Ten Questions With Robert Gladstone Of Madison Equities, Developer Of Downtown’s First Residential Supertall Skyscraper, 45 Broad Street" via NYY (Click me)

Old Posted Oct 8, 2018, 4:10 PM
Ω

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Too long to post but a good read: "Ten Questions With Robert Gladstone Of Madison Equities, Developer Of Downtown’s First Residential Supertall Skyscraper, 45 Broad Street" via NYY (Click me)
I like the architecture firm (CetraRuddy). They are willing to experiment and take risks. Refreshing.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2018, 10:07 AM
New Yorker for life

Glad this crown will be lit. It deserves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
I like the architecture firm (CetraRuddy). They are willing to experiment and take risks. Refreshing.

John Cetra wrote the op-ed last week...

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/op-ed/...ht-not-problem

When it comes to supertalls, height is not the problem
Zoning, design must let new towers enrich city's skyline

October 4, 2018

Quote:
A debate now simmers in New York City about supertall buildings and whether zoning changes are needed to either reduce heights or limit the empty floors, or voids, that some developers use to make towers taller in order to gain better views for occupants.

These concerns are misplaced. City zoning is strong, viable and effective. What we need instead are more creative design ideas from the architects, urban planners and developers responsible for New York's tallest buildings.
Quote:
Especially as supertalls become more prevalent, thoughtful design becomes more important. The supertall is an efficient use of infrastructure and land, and can enhance its environment if carefully planned and executed well. For example, taller and more slender towers can minimize shading and other effects on surrounding areas.
Quote:
In New York City, zoning regulations are very specific, and getting variances is time-consuming. For this reason, developers and architects often stick with simple development formulas known to maximize floor area but not much else. This is no longer good enough. With a deeper understanding of zoning, creative project teams can find ample room for tremendous innovation within the constraints imposed by these rules.
Quote:
As an example, the new apartment tower ARO, at 242 W. 53rd St., incorporates a tower-podium form and a layered exterior that helps shape the 765-foot building's bulk in interesting and contextual ways rather than simple geometric setbacks. Yet it still meets all the zoning requirements for Midtown.
Quote:
As a rule, New Yorkers like buildings with an attitude and tend to frown upon texture-free, flat glass surfaces. New, sinuous forms, Jenga-like masses and rich materials such as terra-cotta reflect the sunlight in enticing ways. The towers come alive, glowing and changing personality by day and night.

This is what sets New York apart from other cities, which have the kind of sterile 9-to-5 downtown environments we associate with many newer urban areas. The difference between casting a (literal) shadow over our cityscape and making a neighborhood come to life is huge. Decisions on buildings stay with us for decades. We have to get them right.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
The crown looks a little different, depending on the rendering...

I think the material on the southside (the 3 vertical bays) just hides what would otherwise be a blank wall...

The crown is not included in the 3d structural model. And my estimates of the heights are the lower part of the crown is at 1,163 feet and the highest is at 1,189 feet

Old Posted Oct 9, 2018, 10:45 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
The crown is not included in the 3d structural model. And my estimates of the heights are the lower part of the crown is at 1,163 feet and the highest is at 1,189 feet
I guess somewhere around there also, based on everything we've seen so far.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 5:23 PM
New Yorker for life

https://liveinamerica.us/project/45-broad-street/

Quote:
The Project is being developed as a Class A, mixed-use building with two primary components: a luxury residential condominium component and office space. The building, when completed, is expected to be the tallest residential structure in Lower Manhattan.

The Project is being developed by an experienced sponsorship group – Gemdale USA Corporation, a United States subsidiary of Gemdale Corporation, one of China’s largest real estate developers; Founded in the mid-1960s, Madison Equities, as one of the top tier Manhattan development companies, is highly regarded for its ability to bring creative solutions to complex real estate development, as well as for its commitment to innovation in architecture, interior design and construction techniques; Pizzarotti SA, the general construction company founded in 1994, is wholly owned by Pizzarotti & C. SpA., which has been in operation for over 100 years.

Construction has started and is well underway.

https://www.facebook.com/PizzarottiU...type=3&theater

Quote:
Start of drilling for SOE piles at 45 Broad Street!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 5:35 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
I believe with AMSL this will visually-appear to be a little over 1200 ft if the upper-range crown estimate is correct. 50 ft shorter than the ESB roof height for comparison.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 10:46 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I guess somewhere around there also, based on everything we've seen so far.
From CTBUH:

Height: Architectural 365.8 m / 1,200 ft
Height: Occupied 312.1 m / 1,024 ft
Height: To Tip 365.8 m / 1,200 ft
Floors Above Ground 68
Floors Below Ground 3
Tower GFA 34,526 m² / 371,635 ft²
# of Apartments 150

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals